Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

Just a ramble

I don't know what else to call this post. I don't want to the state the obvious (which I will do) of missed deadlines, broken promises, dead communication lines, etc. I bought this game at the beta tester level because I always wanted a good hockey career sim and while I realise that is much harder to do than baseball (as baseball is stop, take a picture of the action, and go again) hockey is a fluid game.

I knew Sebastian from his efforts on IOOP and I was impressed with his work ethic and, communication abilities, and everything else. I thought that having Sebastian on board meant everything. I knew nothing of Malte or Jeff (which doesn't mean anything).

From my point of view (and only mine) this game has been a complete disaster. A final patch promised for months and then disappearing from discussion. Some users starting to believe the game is cancelled. I've tried playing and I can't in any enjoyable way. You either bit off more than you can chew, or it can't be done.

I suggested a while back to bag it and make a comeback in 2015 with a reasonably working and enjoyable game. Naturally that was ignored. No one likes to be told they "failed" and they will plod on. However, sometimes it's best to admit that you failed and you are regrouping to do it right. I don't think the fan base (or what's left of it) would desert you. Hell, I wouldn't even ask for my money back on this effort.

Make a reasonable plan and stick to it. If it involves a several month delay, so be it. However, the way it's going now is either silent or false promises. That only damages your credibility and that's a shame. Can you do it? I believe so if you stick within realistic boundaries.

I honestly think you are killing whatever hope this game has with the silent direction (or no direction) it is taking. It's almost September, training camps are around the corner and 2014 isn't done yet. Fish or cut bait. Make the hard decisions. Forget the customer base and go for the best game you can. If it's good, the customers will be there.

The way it is now, the players are disappearing and you may never see them again. Make a plan, stick to it, and do the work.

And that's my ramble (and mine only).

P.S. Need common sense help, let me know. I don't research stats but I've been following the game of hockey since the Leafs were Kings of the World (which is many years ago).
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
yzerwing
All Star Starter

How is this different than any other repeated post of complaints, the past week or so? All it is, is the same 5 or 6 guys continually whining, as if that is any less annoying than the time it is taking to get the new patch!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
Jagorix
Bat Boy

Most of the things you've asked for in your post have been done. They've admitted to 2014 not being good and to have biting off more than they could chew. The recent silence is due to a reason they can't explain, which probably means some kind of personal or legal issue.

I check these forums every couple of weeks for updates. I desperately want FHM to be great and I believe it will be, there's already a very solid foundation for them to improve upon. I'm happy to have spent the money on it if it means the project continues for another reiteration.

Literally all we have to do is wait. Is that so hard? Find something else to occupy your time in the mean time, because these types of posts are getting boring.

Last edited by Jagorix; 08-28-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Jagorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

It would be nice to get the promised patch. I check everyday hoping for a change in status, and I will continue to do so. What else can I do?
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
Smetana
All Star Starter

How many times are we going to beat this dead horse?

Obviously, it's a bad situation. Practically a "How-To" on how not to develop a game.

Creating yet another rambling thread is pointless. You're entitled to your opinion, Mking, and I mean no disrespect, as most of us share this viewpoint. Just seems kind of pointless.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
How many times are we going to beat this dead horse?

Obviously, it's a bad situation. Practically a "How-To" on how not to develop a game.

Creating yet another rambling thread is pointless. You're entitled to your opinion, Mking, and I mean no disrespect, as most of us share this viewpoint. Just seems kind of pointless.

at this point it is check in the morning if anything has been released, then go about my day.
Redeemed143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
How is this different than any other repeated post of complaints, the past week or so? All it is, is the same 5 or 6 guys continually whining, as if that is any less annoying than the time it is taking to get the new patch!
I don't think some of the guys that you may see as whining are doing that at all. Some of them are raising valid points about functions within the game that don't work as they should, question the lack of communication or very poor communication from the OOTP team and ask questions that they devs either can't or are unwilling to answer.

Gives a different perspective to those that are just willing to accept the mess the game is in and hope for the best.

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 08-28-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyb37 View Post
I don't think some of the guys that you may see as whining are doing that at all. Some of them are raising valid points about functions within the game that don't work as they should, question the lack of communication or very poor communication from the OOTP team and ask questions that they devs either can't or are unwilling to answer.

Gives a different perspective to those that are just willing to accept the mess the game is in and hope for the best.
The OP and several others, have raised the same issues, constantly over the past months, though. Repeating yourself over and over again, is overdone.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #9
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

People raise the same issues because the question or issues or things that need fixed in the game aren't being dealt with. If they post the same thing it means the issue still remains. Why should they just be quiet and let the OOTP team off the hook. Raising an issue keeps it being discussed and it shows the devs in a pretty poor light if they don't address it or at least communicate what they are doing about it. I bought the game in the Beta stage and the same issues with the Dev team existed then and still exist today. Silence or ignorance are never the answer.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #10
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyb37 View Post

I gave up posting on these forums for the most part, because if you critisize this game in any way ... you're called out as a whiner, the devs take a condescending attitude that you're the 'minority' or out right tell you you're opinion is wrong. They promise 2-3 posts a week, and when they fail to do this and you point it out ... you're attacked for taking that as literal.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote