Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Expansion Question?

It was mentioned earlier in the Update thread that it looks like a go for NHL expansion(limited to 2 teams only). What about the AHL? Will the expansion teams have Minor League Affiliates(or something)? Also will each conference get a team or one conference get both?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Both teams will go into one conference, you can edit the teams as you wish (default are Québec and Seattle) and both teams get farm teams in the ECHL.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can we add Farms Teams? League S. turned on so we can move teams around? Unsigned Prospects be Drafted? Will Teams get Top Draft Picks in 2015 or what ever year we expand? Will Roster be up to date in next update same with Date and Turn back on Editing at start of Game?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

The farm teams will default to Fort Wayne and Colorado of the ECHL. For a few reasons, expanding the AHL along with the NHL wasn't going to be viable right now (two teams sharing an AHL team wasn't going to be workable within the limits of the current roster AI, and there were schedule and division alignment issues) so we went with that option as the next best thing. It'll unbalance the ECHL a bit, but there's some historical precedent for it (NHL teams using IHL clubs as primary farm teams when the I was still a second-tier minor league), and those two teams have no other parent clubs, unlike most of the other ECHL teams, which have NHL and/or AHL parents.

The expansion teams won't draft until 2016, because the draft falls at the end of the season and the expansion won't occur until July 1 (this is one of the reasons the draft is, unrealistically, later in the summer in the historical game.)

The rosters in the next update will (if you choose the current option) still be the trading deadline ones - we're not adding this summer's draft picks, trades, and free agent moves.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can we add the Summer Draft Picks and so on moves so far this season? Because in Offseason we should be able to if League Structure is turned on add Teams Manually to AHL and generate a new Schedule because this isn't OTTP where if their 2 Leagues like in International League got to have Even number of Teams in Each Also start date July 1st 2014?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Can we add the Summer Draft Picks and so on moves so far this season? Because in Offseason we should be able to if League Structure is turned on add Teams Manually to AHL and generate a new Schedule because this isn't OTTP where if their 2 Leagues like in International League got to have Even number of Teams in Each Also start date July 1st 2014?
I'm not sure if I understand correctly but the 2014 Draft results (and all other transactions now) will be part off the 2015 version.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of the ECHL-when it become playable in Custom League(s)?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Speaking of the ECHL-when it become playable in Custom League(s)?
We will change/streamline fictional leagues quit a bit in FHM 2015. Right now the mode is to chaotic.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

No what we are asking if we can do the Transactions so far this season and put Draft Picks on their Teams because in OTTP we can put Hammel on A's if we want to so if we want to put Kesler on Ducks we should be able to,
Old 07-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Doesn't that effect player development with an ECHL team and no AHL team?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:53 AM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
No what we are asking if we can do the Transactions so far this season and put Draft Picks on their Teams because in OTTP we can put Hammel on A's if we want to so if we want to put Kesler on Ducks we should be able to,
I know I repeat myself but FHM shares no code base with OOTP so just because it works in OOTP version 15 does not mean it works in FHM.

FHM is "only" published by OOTP Dev, Markus and Andreas share their experience with us but FHM is and will never be a copy off OOTP, it is a game on its own.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:22 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Doesn't that effect player development with an ECHL team and no AHL team?
Yeah, development will be slightly slower on minor-league guys due to the competition level being lower. I'm going to keep an eye on that during testing to see how significant the long-term effects are, but I don't expect it to be too bad.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Is incopoarating a schedule into the game the main problem with adding expansion teams?
Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 AM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Is incopoarating a schedule into the game the main problem with adding expansion teams?
Yes, that is one off the main reasons.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #15
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Could we make our own schedules?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Could we make our own schedules?
Thats basically what we did with the (optional) 2014 Expansion, we generated schedules until we had one usable.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #17
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Thats basically what we did with the (optional) 2014 Expansion, we generated schedules until we had one usable.

You can make a schedule(any team sport) from scratch with the OOTP schedule editor/generator. A hockey schedule would probably be easier too make because there are more off days inbetween games.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
You can make a schedule(any team sport) from scratch with the OOTP schedule editor/generator. A hockey schedule would probably be easier too make because there are more off days inbetween games.
I think the OOTP schedule generator is not good as well (sorry Andreas ) and would not work for us.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #19
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

This is the feature that I was really looking forward to being able to play. I look forward to the last patch with this added. Are there nicknames already assigned for the two new expansion teams?

Last edited by WIUPIKE; 07-08-2014 at 04:13 PM.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #20
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I think the OOTP schedule generator is not good as well (sorry Andreas ) and would not work for us.

What about using older NHL schedules(already made,no need to make changes) and combine them with current NHL schedules so expansion would come faster? Expansion teams could have their own conference(using older NHL schedule). No interlocking games between the current NHL and new expansion conference except when something could be worked out for the playoffs.

Example-The 1974-75 had 18 teams. Use that schedule for the modern expansion teams conference and there would be no need for a schedule generator.

Could FHM handle an over 40 team league? I had a 56 team league in a previous patch but that was before editing became a problem.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 07-10-2014 at 11:49 AM.