Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #81
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Wavier Trades? Multi Team Trades? Trades on Draft days? NHL Draft 2 Days? League Association? League E. and include Minor Leagues in it? Bring back League Structure back and turned on? Tryouts for unsigned Prospects?
Are these UI suggestions?
Old 03-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #82
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

The UI is pretty much the reason I shelved this game long ago. I felt it lacked common sense, and was a click fest. I was always guessing what I needed to do. If my lineup needed fixing, it was a chore to figure what was wrong.

Reading this thread has me thinking it hasn't been upgraded. Which is a shame. I get that bugs within the game needed fixing, and they re did a lot logic the game uses behind the scenes, but I won't be trying it unless I hear a huge upgrade to the UI.

Have bookmarks made it in? Hot Keys?
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #83
Buchs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm new to FHM and agree with many other users that it takes too many clicks to get the information you want at any given time.

Personally I don't think there are any fatal flaws that I've come across, and I'm sure every version will continue to improve the UI. Most of the screens seem to be adequate and some of the suggestions here would go a long way in improving things.

If I could pick 3 things to change in this version that would get the biggest bang for the buck for me, here's what I would change.

1. clicking on the tab for one of your affiliate teams should change your current context to that league. This would allow you to see player statistics for that team without extra clicks. If you click home or lineup it will allow you to see that information for your farm team rather than your main team. There should be some 1 or 2 click way to get your context back to your top level team you manage. It could be another tab, or a menu option on the coach or team menus at the top of the screen. I would probably just replace the affiliate tab with a parent team tab when viewing it from the context of the affiliate team.

I'll use the Florida Panthers as an example. when you are on the Panthers home screen you have a tab for the San Antonio Rampage and the Cincinnati Cyclones. If I were to click on San Antonio I would actually change my context to San Antonio, the same as if I selected AHL as the league and San Antonio as the team from the league drop down. I could view their roster, stats, home page, and lineup. Also San Antonio would have 2 tabs on their menu, there would still be a tab for Cincinnati, but then in the place where San Antonio's tab used to be, there is now one for the Florida Panthers that would take you right back to the parent teams context. If that would be too much work, adding a dropdown box to change context like on the OOTP roster screen would at least help.

Right now checking up on my prospects and thinking about promotions and stuff is kind of a pain because I actually have to go through several clicks to change league and team and then back again to view any of that information (unless there is a way that I am just overlooking).

2. Make it easier to compare players. Here are two ways I can think of doing that.

One thing you could do is add a way to do a side by side comparison of two players. You could do it the same way as in OOTP baseball or some other way. this will probably take some work.

Second is to add color coding to the ratings on the roster screen. Right now if I look at the ratings on my roster I see a whole bunch of 13, 14, etc and takes a lot of effort to process all that information and make use of it. If I could see that this player is green across the board and this player is also green and has a couple yellows, I can immediately draw some useful conclusions and know what I need to look into. I believe this would be very easy to implement and would follow the already established color scheme you can see on the player profile page.

3. clickable scores at the top of the screen to bring up the game report (was already mentioned in this thread)
Buchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #84
Buchs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

oh yeah, almost forgot, I would love for the game report to list the number of goals and assist next to the player. like this

Scorer
Buchs (PP) [7]

Assist
Joe Schmoe [18]
Buchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #85
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Bookmarks would be awesome.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #86
fromcpu
Bat Boy

I think it is a good idea to introduce the background graphics for each team. The point is that there is one static background on the team screen (under the name of the team). If the background could be vary depending on the team, it would give the possibility to personalize the look of the team screen, the player screen etc. .. Currently, each screen and the background looks the same. I'd be happier if I could see the color of my favorites Ducks from Anaheim or Oilers or the color of the other teams, when I look at their roster.
fromcpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #87
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromcpu View Post
I think it is a good idea to introduce the background graphics for each team.
For each HNL, canadian and european (and asian) team
Old 03-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #88
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromcpu View Post
I think it is a good idea to introduce the background graphics for each team. The point is that there is one static background on the team screen (under the name of the team). If the background could be vary depending on the team, it would give the possibility to personalize the look of the team screen, the player screen etc. .. Currently, each screen and the background looks the same. I'd be happier if I could see the color of my favorites Ducks from Anaheim or Oilers or the color of the other teams, when I look at their roster.
You can already do this in the game. When you set up a new game, click the check box "Team colours" and it will do exactly what you ask. I don't know if you can edit this setting in game, once you have started a new game. I imagine it will be somewhere though.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #89
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

is there already a place to find what the seasons expectations are during the season?
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #90
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilvermtzion View Post
is there already a place to find what the seasons expectations are during the season?
For your own team, yes: (Your Name) Menu - Your Job - Owner Confidence.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #91
fromcpu
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
You can already do this in the game. When you set up a new game, click the check box "Team colours" and it will do exactly what you ask. I don't know if you can edit this setting in game, once you have started a new game. I imagine it will be somewhere though.
yes I know, but I think the background is more important for the look of the game. see for yourself:
http://imageshack.com/a/img62/1771/uih6.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/1909/sb3q.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img22/9426/bdzl.png
fromcpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #92
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

i dont know if it can be done, but if you could select a group of players from, say the free agent list, and add to shortlist all at once. something like the shift+click on a mac.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #93
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

I know a better search or find option that includes the ability to show players without needing to query a name has been mentioned already but I'd like to add my name to the group wanting to see something like that in the next patch/update/next version.

I would also like to add that game logs for players would be very nice to have in their player cards so I can quickly see how a particular player has been playing in recent games or during a particular stretch of games.

One other thing would be a customizable drop down for the roster screen so we could create our our own list of stats/ratings/info. For example, if I would like to decide on who I want on the powerplay maybe having certain offensive skill ratings along with a few stats (like shots, goals, assists, etc) show up at the same time would certainly help without having to continue to flip around between two or three screens over and over again to compare several players.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #94
Albatros Brest
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
That option from the Preferences "Team colors" does not make any difference. I am using the latest update on Mac OS X.
Not a big deal though with so many other important things to fix.
Albatros Brest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #95
Brucehum
Bat Boy

In the game screen it would be nice to have coloured flags for goals (the numbered shot flags that are all dark grey). That would allow to easily find references to goals.
Brucehum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #96
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Bookmarks would be awesome.
Bookmarks are for browsers and books I think what you mean are keyboard shortcuts.

The keyboard arrow keys Left & Right should be working like one page back and forward.
Beside that you need a set of prefixed page keys for most viewed pages in the game like:
1 = team view
2 = team standing
3 = league standing
4 = team lineup
5 = league news

... something like that, it would improve the flow and speed of the game so fast.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #97
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

How about just bringing back star ratings? They have worked in just about every other manager/GM style sports game, and FHM actually had them in its earlier stages but they decided to move away from them. It is a much more easily relatable rating system than the one in the game if you ask me. . .

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #98
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
How about just bringing back star ratings? They have worked in just about every other manager/GM style sports game, and FHM actually had them in its earlier stages but they decided to move away from them. It is a much more easily relatable rating system than the one in the game if you ask me. . .
It's both the same, 10 stars (with half stars) and 1-10. We just needed the number for scouting.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #99
Carna
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It's both the same, 10 stars (with half stars) and 1-10. We just needed the number for scouting.
If we talk players potential and ability ratings, I like how it's now. It is actually more accurate than stars.

Stars with half stars = 1-10
Numeric rating from 1-10 with 0.5 increments = 1-20
Carna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #100
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carna View Post
If we talk players potential and ability ratings, I like how it's now. It is actually more accurate than stars.

Stars with half stars = 1-10
Numeric rating from 1-10 with 0.5 increments = 1-20
You are of course right, I need a coffee.