Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Plus there's the Humble Bundles (google it) where you can pick up five or six Steam games at a time for almost nothing. I've made some amazing bargains on good games that way over the last year.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyvegasgames View Post
Steam is just a way to buy games easily, and have your bought games all together in one account. If you change computers, you just log in to the service, and all your games are there, ready to download again. Patching is done automatically as well, so you never have to worry if your game is up to date.
Plus the game is guaranteed to work with your system.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #23
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Help sell more units by supporting this initiative. I want to buy OOTP 20 and I don't want to see Markus code for an accounting firm.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
Help sell more units by supporting this initiative. I want to buy OOTP 20 and I don't want to see Markus code for an accounting firm.
Or go to work for SI on FM.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #25
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Don't even joke like that, Wolf. Just don't.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
Don't even joke like that, Wolf. Just don't.
It could happen. Go vote for OOTP on Steam.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #27
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

I see that Gehrig38 posted this on Twitter earlier. That should bring in a few votes.
Garrett67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67 View Post
I see that Gehrig38 posted this on Twitter earlier. That should bring in a few votes.
Go Curt!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #29
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

The earlier /r/baseball thread has fallen off of the frontpage of that subreddit finally (Nothing we can do, it's just how reddit works to keep fresh content most visible), with around 360 upvotes, and potentially a few thousand views.

So great effort man. That really helped!
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #30
Caporegime
All Star Starter

I'm genuinely surprised that OOTP isn't available on Steam already. I noticed that OOTP 9 is available on Steam. Why weren't subsequent versions?
Old 10-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
It could happen. Go vote for OOTP on Steam.
I did. As soon as I saw the post in my Facebook feed. Makes me glad I bought Civ 5 through there.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #32
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

The posted comments on Steam seem very positive overall.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 PM   #33
exoromeo
Minors (Single A)

Voted on Steam to greenlight it.
exoromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #34
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

I love Steam and purchase almost all my games there, but I still think it is a little ridiculous that the developer of a proven series like OOTP has to jump through hoops to try to get their game listed. Meanwhile, Steam continues to list Early Access games that are incomplete and mostly unplayable. I hope OOTP will make it through Greenlight soon, but I also hope that Valve can find a better way to handle this process in the future.
Irrelevant Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #35
tds7887
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Done.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #36
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek View Post
I love Steam and purchase almost all my games there, but I still think it is a little ridiculous that the developer of a proven series like OOTP has to jump through hoops to try to get their game listed. Meanwhile, Steam continues to list Early Access games that are incomplete and mostly unplayable. I hope OOTP will make it through Greenlight soon, but I also hope that Valve can find a better way to handle this process in the future.
I agree. It's a bit strange.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #37
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIlliniwek View Post
It's their game and they play it their way.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #38
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
I'm genuinely surprised that OOTP isn't available on Steam already. I noticed that OOTP 9 is available on Steam. Why weren't subsequent versions?
I asked Brad the same question just before they went to Greenlight. OOTP14 was submitted when it was released but Valve rejected it for reasons I don't know. Hence the Greenlight path. I voted it straight away. And, yes, it really is quite ridiculous since most of the recently lit games that have been made available as "early access" are more like alpha-stage freeware that often fail to run at all. Paying to be a play tester is not cool kids. Irrespective of the noble, but misguided, notion of helping small development companies you are gambling your cash on something that may never become what it claims to be when you would do better to invest your hard-earned in companies (such as OOTPD) who actually do the work required to create a good product before you pay for it. Incidentally, a large proportion of such unfinished work has already received Kick-Starter funding (which instantly has people who have already paid out for it voting for it to be Greenlit just to maybe see it finished one day) and there is little excuse for such games to still be in an alpha state.

Last edited by MrMuse; 11-04-2013 at 01:53 AM.
MrMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #39
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
It's their game and they play it their way.
Yes, and he can comment on it.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #40
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Thunder View Post
Especially since it has been the exclusive home of Football Manager for a couple of years now, which is really the only other famous, if you want to call it that, game in the sports management genre.
Not entirely true. FM still sells as a retail copy, it just so happens that that retail copy will link you to Steam to get it working anyway. This is the case for many AAA titles these days (such as the Total War franchise). The rest of your post is 100% correct and market reports have shown figures for various games (even old re-releases) selling more in their first day on Steam than they have in their entire previous existence (which could have been as much as 20 years). There are pros and cons to Steam other than exposure. Valve are notoriously bad at dealing with problems and support issues and you can pretty much forget about refunds if you can't get anything to work - you would have a better chance of getting Gabe Newell himself to respond to your complaint. On the other hand, you have most of your games in one place with no boxes or disks lying around and, for the most part, patches and updates are taken care of by Steam so you don't have to worry about them and, more recently, Steam have begun, and are expanding, support for the modding community through the 'Workshop' scheme.

It's certainly a matter of concern that this is the future of games retail whether you like it or not and the failure of Games for Windows Live, Origin, and the terrible Ubisoft platform amongst others, to come even remotely close to touching Steam should leave you wondering if anyone can spell "Monopolies Commission" - or maybe not - just ask Microsoft. In short, we are voluntarily giving too much power over the market to one company.

Last edited by MrMuse; 11-04-2013 at 03:03 AM.
MrMuse is offline   Reply With Quote