Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #41
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for all the support guys! We're having a pretty strong start for the campaign! I'm not sure how long it will take for Steam to greenlight us, as the criteria is not something written in stone, but it seems we're on a pretty good pace.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Voted for both. The difference between a game being on Steam (and selling on their own) and selling only on their own is substantial. Instead of OOTP being in front of 30,000 people searching for baseball sim fans, it will be in front of 10-20 million game fans.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #43
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Put in my votes. Been using STEAM for about 5 years. Never had an issue, easy to use, and a very good service with great prices if you wait for their deals.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #44
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, as much as I love OOTP I hate Steam more. I cannot bring myself to do anything that will help them. The problems with every game I've ever tried from are endless ! I know Marcus said OOTP would still be available from the webstore, but I simply cannot do anything to help Steam in any way !! Thanks for the great games Marcus---will support you but not Steam.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #45
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Sorry, as much as I love OOTP I hate Steam more. I cannot bring myself to do anything that will help them. The problems with every game I've ever tried from are endless ! I know Marcus said OOTP would still be available from the webstore, but I simply cannot do anything to help Steam in any way !! Thanks for the great games Marcus---will support you but not Steam.
Honestly, you not supporting OOTP on STEAM isn't hurting STEAM at all, it does hurt OOTP however. I say put your hatred aside and give OOTP your vote, this is a good opportunity for the game whether you like the host or not.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #46
oman19
All Star Starter

Love the fact this may finally be on STEAM. Can I give a suggestion I see a number of other publishers do.

Buy some cheap games and put them on Win Steam Gifts or Create a Giveaway for Your Gaming Community. aka steamgifts

Put in the note your putting these games on here to help promote your steam greenlight campaign.

Some cheap humble bundle games go a long way. 1000+ people usually enter each giveaway giving you some cheap exposure for the campaign.

See publishers using this tactic all the time.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 10-25-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #47
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Put in my votes. Been using STEAM for about 5 years. Never had an issue, easy to use, and a very good service with great prices if you wait for their deals.
Agreed. People crap on Steam, but it's no where near as bad as anyone makes out.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #48
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Done. !!

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #49
BaseballAddict32
Minors (Single A)

Voted for you all. Love this game. A friend of mine was running a league using OOTP. After that got it myself. Love it. Glad to help support it.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #50
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Don't understand the people that hate Steam. I've never had any major problems with steam, been using it since shortly after it came out.

In fact it's really a great thing, having all my games available to download and install on any computer etc. Not to mention being able to buy even major games for pennies on the dollar.

But even if you hate Steam for whatever reason, not voting will only hurt OOTP, not Steam. It's hypothetically like saying you wouldn't support some small bakery's incredible bread being sold in Wal-Mart because you hate Wal-Mart and don't want to help them.

Well if Wal-Mart doesn't get that bread, they'll just buy bread from some other company. It doesn't hurt them at all. It does hurt the small bakery with the few employees that's struggling to make a living and get their product out there. They'd lose an enormous amount of money by not being able to sell in Wal-Mart.

So hopefully you'll reconsider your stance and give OOTP a hand.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-25-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
Love the fact this may finally be on STEAM. Can I give a suggestion I see a number of other publishers do.

Buy some cheap games and put them on Win Steam Gifts or Create a Giveaway for Your Gaming Community. aka steamgifts

Put in the note your putting these games on here to help promote your steam greenlight campaign.

Some cheap humble bundle games go a long way. 1000+ people usually enter each giveaway giving you some cheap exposure for the campaign.

See publishers using this tactic all the time.
Seems like a great idea!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #52
Sadiq
Bat Boy

Voted for both games.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #53
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Put my vote in with a detailed comment. Hope it makes it - the game/company deserves it.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #54
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

Voted for both and commented on the OOTP one.

Hope you guys get approved.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
BradC
All Star Starter

I'm not sure how voting for OOTP on Greenlight will help Steam in any way. If it helps get OOTP added to Steam, yes, Valve will make money from the sales, but is that such a huge deal? In the long run, the additional revenue for OOTP will enable Markus and Andreas to add more great features to the game - I think that will greatly outweigh any benefit for Valve, in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #56
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Deleted

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 10-25-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Misjudged what I was commenting on, ignore
Old 10-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #57
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

done

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #58
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Agreed. People crap on Steam, but it's no where near as bad as anyone makes out.

It's not even close to bad. On the contrary, Steam is freaking awesome!!!!

Wake-up!! You old stubborn relics. The days of boxed games are over. Done. We don't use morse code anymore. Get with the program.

I'll continue to love Steam and play awesome strategy games that are exclusive to Steam. I'll continue to buy games cheaper than you. I'll continue to have a much larger selection to choose from than you.

I don't have to leave my house and deal with morons in traffic. Or morons at the cashier line. Or some pimply-faced punk at the register. I can actively check for 75% deals every single day without burning gas to go check for that sale at the store that you go to. Yeah...you go ahead and try to call Best Buy every day about the same title over and over and over again. By the 3rd or 4th time you call every minimum-wage employee in the building will know all about the jerk customer that calls every single day looking for a sale about a particular title. Ever heard of terminal hold? "Yes, Sir, hold tight...let me go check on that for ya" ROFL.

Moreover, Steam has many many more games than you can find in some rip-off brick and mortar. Want an old game that isn't a hot seller anymore? Doesn't sell enough anymore to warrant the use of valuable shelf-space anymore? Good luck finding that title stealing space from one shooter after another. But, unlike you, I can find that title. $10 bucks maybe even $5 bucks. You're done...I'm not. I got Pride of Nations for $10 bucks...sweet game. Let's see you do that at Walmart, at Target, at Best Buy.

So...let me be done with being rational and logical. Let me be done with having a better argument than you. One should know one's opponent in the game of arguing so let me try to make sense to you in a language that you can understand....

You are an idiot if you are opposed to Steam.

'Nuff said!!!

You being "The Universal You" not Cyro.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 10-25-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #59
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorable_pawn View Post
it's not even close to bad. On the contrary, steam is freaking awesome!!!!

Wake-up!! You old stubborn relics. The days of boxed games are over. Done. We don't use morse code anymore. Get with the program.

I'll continue to love steam and play awesome strategy games that are exclusive to steam. I'll continue to buy games cheaper than you. I'll continue to have a much larger selection to choose from than you.

I don't have to leave my house and deal with morons in traffic. Or morons at the cashier line. Or some pimply-faced punk at the register. I can actively check for 75% deals every single day without burning gas to go check for that sale at the store that you go to. Yeah...you go ahead and try to call best buy every day about the same title over and over and over again. By the 3rd or 4th time you call every minimum-wage employee in the building will know all about the jerk customer that calls every single day looking for a sale about a particular title. Ever heard of terminal hold? "yes, sir, hold tight...let me go check on that for ya" rofl.

Moreover, steam has many many more games than you can find in some rip-off brick and mortar. Want an old game that isn't a hot seller anymore? Doesn't sell enough anymore to warrant the use of valuable shelf-space anymore? Good luck finding that title stealing space from one shooter after another. But, unlike you, i can find that title. $10 bucks maybe even $5 bucks. You're done...i'm not. I got pride of nations for $10 bucks...sweet game. Let's see you do that at walmart, at target, at best buy.

So...let me be done with being rational and logical. Let me be done with having a better argument than you. One should know one's opponent in the game of arguing so let me try to make sense to you in a language that you can understand....

You are an idiot if you are opposed to steam.

'nuff said!!!

:d

you being "the universal you" not cyro.
nm
Old 10-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #60
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Honestly, the people who rail against Steam because they've had issues with it in the past sound as ridiculous as the trolls who post on here shouting that their game crashed so OOTP sucks.

Really? You're going to be that narrow-minded? No one is asking you to use Steam. They're asking you to do something that will make OOTP Developments money. If you care about this game at all, it shouldn't matter what platform that money comes through. Here's a newsflash: Steam is one of the most wildly successful video game distribution platforms EVER. Not voting for OOTP simply so Steam won't have it isn't going to hurt Steam in the least. But it WILL hurt Markus, Andreas, and all the wonderful people who have made this game the greatest sports sim on the planet.

So take your heads out of your rear ends and think about it logically. Let's say, hypothetically, that getting OOTP on Steam would generate, say, ten thousand dollars for both parties. Without that ten thousand dollars, Steam does just fine! It keeps chugging along, churning out millions upon millions in profit. Meanwhile, OOTP - which, need I remind you, is NOT a multi-million dollar enterprise - is now out ten thousand dollars that could have gone towards improving the game.

No one's asking you to support Steam. They're asking you to support OOTP.
Closed Thread