Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 11:46 AM   #1
kurzov
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If COM2US had not bought/taken over OOTPDev... (What if?)

Where would the series be today?

Would FHM and/or OOTP be releasing still?

Would OOTP's Perfect Team exist like it does now?

Do you think it would be as popular as it is currently? (Twitch, the many online leagues, YouTube...)

Your thoughts?
Enjoy your reward of nothing. Put that nothing on your roster. Spend that nothing for some packs.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:01 PM   #2
Will_L
All Star Reserve

1. Very doubtful.
2. Outlook not so good.
3. Don't count on it.
4. You may rely on it.
All answers provided by Original Magic 8 Ball because I am feeling kind of lazy today.;-)
Old 04-05-2023, 04:48 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I get tired of the way it gets phrased “what if Com2Us hadn’t taken over OOTP." It wasn’t an accident…OOTPD knew exactly what they were doing when the sold to Com2Us. Now, they have in some ways lost creative control over content. It’s a clear cause and effect…but make no mistake, it was a calculated decision.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 04-05-2023 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:19 PM   #4
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

...and I don't see the advantage of continuing a discussion intended to raise yet another question on the change. It is what it is, and continuing to find reasons to bash someone because of it is ultimately only going to hurt the community.

Old 04-05-2023, 05:59 PM   #5
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
...and I don't see the advantage of continuing a discussion intended to raise yet another question on the change. It is what it is, and continuing to find reasons to bash someone because of it is ultimately only going to hurt the community.
Well, the game has already been hurt...so why not the community? I mean, I don't purposely want to hurt the community, but these are facts, and you are trying to gloss over them because you are trying to hold onto something that isn't the same any longer.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #6
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Well, the game has already been hurt...so why not the community? I mean, I don't purposely want to hurt the community, but these are facts, and you are trying to gloss over them because you are trying to hold onto something that isn't the same any longer.
No amount of continuous bashing is going to change the facts. It's water under the bridge, and these discussions are not going to move things back to the way they were.

In all life situations which are similar, "constructive" ideas will result in the best product or scenario moving forward. Wishing in a fantasy where the "event" never happened adds no value.

It's called picking yourself up and taking another step forward.

Closed Thread