Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #41
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

I have noticed a few player photos are not showing up in the league schedule screen and during the games. Each player has a player photo and I even tried regenerating the photo with no luck. It doesn't happen for every player player and it happens with guys that have been in the league awhile and have not changed teams at all.

Its a league that I was running before the patch. No imports. Not restored from backup. Nothing has change other than the patch.

Other than that everything looks great.
OutfieldGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #42
metsgl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Are the Mac changes required by Apple all behind the scenes programming changes or do they affect the user interface? I have not downloaded the beta yet.
metsgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #43
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Were the issues of a player asking for a minor league contract with a bonus fixed in this patch?

The issue is the player will ask for a minor league contract with a bonus, you offer exactly what he asks for and he says "I'm a major league player don't offer me a minor league contract. I want a minor league deal with a bonus.". Basically he doesn't seem to see that you are offering what he asked for.

These types of contracts work for International Amateur Free Agents buut don't seem to work right for regular free agents.

Edit: see this forum post

Last edited by byzeil; 07-19-2013 at 05:54 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #44
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Were the issues of a player asking for a minor league contract with a bonus fixed in this patch?

The issue is the player will ask for a minor league contract with a bonus, you offer exactly what he asks for and he says "I'm a major league player don't offer me a minor league contract. I want a minor league deal with a bonus.". Basically he doesn't seem to see that you are offering what he asked for.

These types of contracts work for International Amateur Free Agents buut don't seem to work right for regular free agents.

Edit: see this forum post
It was reported Fixed prior to the release of this beta. If you discover differently, please advise.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
It was reported Fixed prior to the release of this beta. If you discover differently, please advise.
So it is fixed in the release prior to the BETA patch? First I've heard, I will give it a test.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #46
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, tried it out on 4 players in 14.3 Build 12 and worked. The only thing I did notice was that in the Transaction Log and the player history is shows the players as signing Minor League contracts buut no mention of the bonus. Didn't I see it in the logs for International Ammy FAs where it mentioned the minor league contract and the bonus they received?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #47
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, tried it out on 4 players in 14.3 Build 12 and worked. The only thing I did notice was that in the Transaction Log and the player history is shows the players as signing Minor League contracts buut no mention of the bonus. Didn't I see it in the logs for International Ammy FAs where it mentioned the minor league contract and the bonus they received?
I'll have a look at the latest build later tonight. I thought the narrative in the logs had been adjusted as well. I'll also have to revisit the IA FA's as I frankly don't recall. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #48
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, little follow up from the reporting side. 14.3.12 was reported to still be having a problem in this area. The issue was marked Fixed in 14.4.16 which was a prequel to the build now out as beta, so I'll have a look at that more closely later as I indicated. In your case, 14.3.12 should still demonstrate the problem, although not every time, and the 14.4.18 should have corrected it altogether. So it was prior, just not publicly prior. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by endgame; 07-19-2013 at 07:00 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #49
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, little follow up from the reporting side. 14.3.12 was reported to still be having a problem in this area. The issue was marked Fixed in 14.4.16 which was a prequel to the build now out as beta, so I'll have a look at that more closely later as I indicated. In your case, 14.3.12 should still demonstrate the problem, although not every time, and the 14.4.18 should have corrected it altogether. So it was prior, just not publicly prior. Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for the research/update. Was 14.4.16 released? I thought I was up to the version before the BETA that is now out. I guess I can just install the BETA but I hesitate anytime BETA is in the name of a software release.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #50
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the research/update. Was 14.4.16 released? I thought I was up to the version before the BETA that is now out. I guess I can just install the BETA but I hesitate anytime BETA is in the name of a software release.
No, it wasn't, it was in beta-testing. If you're at all reluctant, I understand. As I said, I'll do my best to have a look later tonight, time permitting. Guess I'd also add, IMHO, that personally I do not believe the final, official release will look all that different from the beta currently out for the public, and I've seen no major alarms from anyone.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #51
tward13
All Star Starter

Speaking of saving clicks, when I click on the pitching button on the right will it now show only pitchers with pithing related stats and for line-ups only show batters and batting related stats?
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #52
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it wasn't, it was in beta-testing. If you're at all reluctant, I understand. As I said, I'll do my best to have a look later tonight, time permitting. Guess I'd also add, IMHO, that personally I do not believe the final, official release will look all that different from the beta currently out for the public, and I've seen no major alarms from anyone.

I bit the bullet and installed the BETA patch. I tested out a few cases and the players signed their Minor League deals with Bonuses no problem(still need to see it over more instances) but their player histories and league transactions don't list the bonus along with the deal.

I rolled forward to the International Ammy Free Agents and looked at players who sign there to Minor League Deals with bonuses and the Histories/Transactions logs and they DO should up as "Signed a minor league contract ($xxxxxx bonus).

So the bonus shows up for the International Ammy FAs but not for Regular FAs.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #53
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, got it. Thanks. I'll log it accordingly and see if we can affect any change.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #54
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Does this patch have a memory leak in Win 8 or some difference? Since I installed it just clicking on things seems to cause a complete slow down I've gone through everything I can think of including reboots, disabling AV and scans.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #55
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Does this patch have a memory leak in Win 8 or some difference? Since I installed it just clicking on things seems to cause a complete slow down I've gone through everything I can think of including reboots, disabling AV and scans.

Remind me, Rch. PC or Mac? IIRC, it's PC, but let me know.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #56
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Remind me, Rch. PC or Mac? IIRC, it's PC, but let me know.
Toshiba Satellite Laptop Win 8 AMD E2-1800 4GB Ram 500GB HDD. I suppose the Ram is a little short but it was doing better a week ago before I reduced the league file size in my annual purge and before the patch.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #57
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
So, we have decided to just release the current version as a BETA now, and then do the official release next week. If you find any bugs & problems with the beta, please post a detailed description here in this thread. Chances are good that we'll be able to fix the properly reported issues prior to the official release of the update.
For those of you who have downloaded the BETA:

Getting pretty close to LAST CALL, gentlemen. (bolded and underlined above is mine) This is where Markus'll be looking for issues aside from anything the beta team is logging independently. If I can assist with any issue personally, PM me or post here and if necessary I'll post additional logging information to help support your concern. FWIW

Thanks for any and all input.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Almanac still does not save boxscores or game logs despite verifying they are selected for saving, both in game and in almanac.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #59
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Almanac still does not save boxscores or game logs despite verifying they are selected for saving, both in game and in almanac.
Updated the original log from 7/10 with your comment. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #60
playball
Minors (Single A)

Mac version, OSX 10.8.4:
Switching to full screen mode causes game to often become unresponsive, quits to desktop upon making the switch.

When re-starting, (now in full screen mode) sometimes the color pallette seems wrong - all kinds of bright trippy colors. On times when game does load correctly, it prompts for license number - because I've moved my good OOTP14 data directory away for safekeeping.

On entering license key, game pauses for a while then crashes. I can provide the several hundred line long crash diagnosis if it will help.

cheers