Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
Poo Tee Weet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team manager and GM history, year by year on the team history page
Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #42
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Career. Ending. Injuries. Make better.

Thank you.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #43
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

The current season stats page with the player pics is great. What would be really great would be the same page for career leaders; a page full of pics of Cobb, Ruth, Aaron etc would be really cool.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #44
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Actually, could it "only" be added as a custom view, so those who don't want to look at it don't have to.
or an option for either or. but personally I would want it more on the pitchers DC over a custom view cause as I always remove the "info" column on my custom views. Just curious though, so you wouldn't want to see the exact rest % of your SP in a quick and easy column right next to their name on the depth chart?

2010 114-48, World Series Champions
2011 109-53, 1st Rd Loss to N.F.
2012. 96-66, 1st Rd Loss to L.A.
2013 112-50, World Series Champions
2014 119-43, World Series Champions
2015 124-38, World Series Champions
2016 111-51, LCS Loss to L.A.
2017 110-52, World Series Champions
2018 101-61, 1st Rd Loss to Baffin Island
2019. 98-64, LCS Loss to Baffin Island
2020 103-59,
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #45
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

2 cosmetic things I'd LOVE to see in addition to heaps of the stat/award type things already mentioned).

1. Ability to change the league background colours from the default blue background and white text to whatever colours I choose, and have them work like the team logos where colours are applied by filename

2. Ability to lock a facegen picture at a specific age, or at the time the player retires (simple checkbox would be great), this way when the playe retires you don't keep seeing wrinkly 100+ yr olds in their uniform that look like they've been wheeled out of the old folks home for their "annual baseball photo". This makes sense as when a retired player reaches an age of around 116 (I think) the picture reverts back to when the player was 16y/o
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #46
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts-Rock View Post
or an option for either or. but personally I would want it more on the pitchers DC over a custom view cause as I always remove the "info" column on my custom views. Just curious though, so you wouldn't want to see the exact rest % of your SP in a quick and easy column right next to their name on the depth chart?
No, I wouldn't to be honest. Like everything else in OOTP, I get the basic information I need on the main page of a team and/or player. When I want more in depth information about an injury, rest, etc etc, I drill down deeper using the menus to take me to that info.

Personally, I like programs like that - they give you basic information on top and you drill down for more in depth information. It works a whole better imo when everything isn't crammed onto the top page.

That isn't a knock on you or anyone who likes things that way, I respect everyone's right to play the game their way.

The problem I see, and I see it a lot on the suggestions forum is - there are many requests to add this info or that info to an already cluttered page. That's fine, but when you get 20 or 30 different people that want 20 or 30 different things to be shown on the same page, it make that page a complete cluster f**k. All that info is usually already available by drilling down a bit, but people don't want to have to click their mouse button 3 or 4 times. They want it all "quick n easy" on the same page.

I like that OOTP allows the user to create custom reports, views, etc. I just wish more people would take advantage of the ability to create their own custom views rather than continuously asking that the info be added to a another page when it's already available.

You can only put so much info on a page before it becomes a jumbled mess of jibberish.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #47
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

The ability to retire numbers.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #48
Buane
Minors (Double A)

I don't know how small of a project this would be, but I think it would be really awesome for online leagues that want to utilize real-time sims: an HTML page that gets updated with game results and box/log links to games that have already been completed on previous days during the current real-time sim.

In other words, let's say my league sims 7 days per sim. At least once per week it would be cool to set the game to real-time sim mode and cover those 7 days over 12 hours or so. This would be nice because people could follow along all day at work, at home, or whatever, the same way we follow along with Gameday for real MLB games.

The only problem is, you have no way of seeing what games have already been completed. If you come in halfway through the real-time sim that's going to run for 6 more hours, you have no way to tell what your team has already done that sim unless you're actually there to see the game go down.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #49
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Develop dual athlete

Please open up the restrictions on settings for "Start as:" when setting lineups and rotations. The dropdown should include all positions for every position, not filtered for the players current position (batter/pitcher). This way if you have a batter/pitcher dual athlete, you can get them in both the lineup and rotation without micromanaging your lineups and rotations. I'm thinking mainly of using this for the minors but I could see users utilizing this for all leagues.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #50
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post

Thank you.
Uh... Better?

Complete with a video replay a la Joe Theismann?

beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #51
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
The ability to retire numbers.
+1. Plus my own related request: Please give Managers and Coaches numbers.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #52
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

would love to see more player interaction with either the player (user) and with eachother. I have had a story where Avila would host a BBQ with teams because he thought we were playing bad. We did have bad stats but in first place by 12 games at the time. Sometimes that would play a role in players moral or desire to play?? I dont know if there is a feature yet that the player would demand to be traded or not as well if for example the contract extension fails to progress. Just a thought anyways.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #53
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

would love a history on longest winning streak and losing streak of each team as well.
Also the idea of consecutive games streak. For example I had Prince fielder on my game and he currently for real has the active longest consecutive game streak. (in my game he been injuried twice)

Why not have a contract made for each user as well so we can pretend we making money too LOL .... we need to boost our egos a bit LOL
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
Uh... Better?

Complete with a video replay a la Joe Theismann?

Do you mean, like, MORE career-ending? So it wouldn't just end his baseball career but would end any career he ever considered?

Last edited by Bobble; 06-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #55
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Do you mean, like, MORE career-ending? So it wouldn't just end his baseball career but would end any career he ever considered?
Yeah don't know what you mean to make better. How can you make it better?
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #56
BURNS81
Minors (Double A)

From TS-ROCK

"I would love to see this as a patch update, but I'm no coder so my apologies for thinking something that is extremely hard to code is easy. love the game and truly appreciate all the hard work that you guys put into the game.

I would love to see "rest status" (circled in the 1st picture) added to the pitching depth chart (circled in 2nd picture) for easier viewing?

currently there is the battery icon, which works for a very broad, quick glance but I'm constantly clicking on my pitchers to see what their true rest status is. IMO it would be very, very helpful if the actual true rest status could be viewed on the pitcher depth chart just like the new addition of PC.

Also, could it be added as a feature for custom views like I have in the 2nd picture? Instead of the Info icon's I personally would change it to player rest so to better see who is tired and needs a day off."

Great Idea I would like to see this implemented as well if its possible.

Last edited by BURNS81; 06-11-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: forgot to include quote
BURNS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #57
oman19
All Star Starter

Feature suggestion

Markus,

PLEASE add team vs team records for the history of the league. It is already tracked for each season I know but I would love to see which teams I've dominated and which I've struggled against over the history of my league.

One other feature is just like there is an assign Neutral Park factors button it would be nice to be able to assign the same park dimensions to every stadium.

Also really like r0nsters idea for the longest win streak and losing streak for each team and also have this in the team history page.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 06-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #58
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Another couple of ideas from me:

1. The ability to see stats of a player or a team from a certain date to another certain date (ex: June 5th, 2004-May 28th, 2006). I think it would be pretty cool if you could see how your team has been playing between certain dates or how a player has.

2. Team stats when a certain player is in the game. For example, how many wins/losses does the team have when Bryce Harper is in the lineup than when he is not. Or how many runs per game does the team score when Harper is in the game. If this were to get implemented, it would be even better if we also had the ability to compare these stats to the "whole" team stats in one page (so we don't have to go back and forth between pages to compare).

3. It would be cool if you could actually vote for allstars in actual votes, not actually selecting the players. Maybe instead of having fans vote, the computer GMs can vote along with me.

4. Hall of Fame voting. Maybe a more realistic HOF system where the players have the ability to stay on a ballot for 15 years. I guess I'd like to be able to vote in this, as well.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #59
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

This is really a fix instead of the new features.. I'm really having trouble being able to sign free agents to minor league contracts with or without signing bonuses.. just won't let me do it no matter what.. all I can do is sign them to a minimum ML contract
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #60
native son
Minors (Double A)

Add WAR as a parameter for automatic HOF induction