Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #81
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braunfullyaccused View Post
You can turn this option on in your league settings.
No...it's not a situation where I can have the scouted ratings and not the ones that are dynamic and overall. So you are wrong
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #82
braunfullyaccused
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
No...it's not a situation where I can have the scouted ratings and not the ones that are dynamic and overall. So you are wrong
I'm confused about what you are looking for.

You said:

Quote:
But what if I don't want the AI to evaluate that way. What if I want the evaluation to be based on all players rather than position?
Yes, this is an option in league settings.

Quote:
I feel this dynamic aspect of the overall rating in that case should remain static, not dynamic (until the next scout)
How is this related to the previous wish? Unless I'm misreading it, isn't this just sort of taking the effect and making it the cause? Are you asking for the actual player's ratings to be the result of, and essentially generated by the scouting report?

You're using the word 'dynamic', to allude to ratings change, but only from the result of scouting? Does a players ratings or ability not change in-between scouting reports?
braunfullyaccused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #83
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I hate to bring this thread back up...but it's that time of year. I am imploring Markus to please change this system so it is much more streamlined, and easy to understand. I am still convinced there are some things that aren't right with the current system...but really this is a plea for a re-do in terms of overall ratings. Please list ideas and brainstorm, as I feel things should be much easier than this.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #84
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I hate to bring this thread back up...but it's that time of year. I am imploring Markus to please change this system so it is much more streamlined, and easy to understand. I am still convinced there are some things that aren't right with the current system...but really this is a plea for a re-do in terms of overall ratings. Please list ideas and brainstorm, as I feel things should be much easier than this.

i will echo one part of the request, that is a clear explanation and implication of the difference, especially at time of draft. i had one player who came out in the Player profile as a 4.5 star potential. when i went into the scouting page he was OSA 1.5 Star, my Scout 1.0 Star, and scout telling me the guys will be in broadcast booth. (my rating is 35/32/22/11)
what i would like to be sure, what does the 4.5 Star indicate? that over the last 45 days the kid has developed so well, he is now a superstar in the making? (note the current year stats did not support that)

Last edited by le receveur; 12-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote