Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

Question Editable Playoffs

With all the talk of customizable playoffs I have yet to see anything if you will be able to edit the teams in the playoffs or homefield advantage. Anyone know if you will be able to do this? Thanks in advance forum/devs!

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

This is a good idea but mostly I thanked this because at first I thought it was/asking for edible playoffs.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

There's only one October, so you'll all have to share!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
This is a good idea but mostly I thanked this because at first I thought it was/asking for edible playoffs.
Om nom nom.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

i hope these suggestions are included in the enhanced customizable playoffs...great ideas!
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Cras
Hall Of Famer

I would hope home-field advantage rules end up making it into OOTP sooner rather than later. I do grow very tired of always having to reschedule the post-season so that I can get the alternating home field for the playoffs. And to get the thing scheduled right in the first place.

It has been brought up before and elsewhere, playoffs need to be able to have its own schedule, so we can have the game automatically set up the postseason as it was set up in that year historically, like we have with the regular season. Or at least allow quality post season schedules be created and used in the game, not requiring them be re-scheduled in the editor which is a total pain the in ...., with spaced out games, not, "everyone play today, everyone off today" sort of thing we get now.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
hfield007
All Star Starter

Doesn't the basic preseason custom playoffs option allow you to edit the homefield advantage the way you would like to with an array of options already? If memory serves correctly.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Not for the final round. It will always go to the club with the best record.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
spitfire
All Star Reserve

This thread is delicious, but to go back to what the O.P. said .....

Markus, would it be possible to get more detail on how the editable playoffs will work?
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

any news on what is possible with the new customization options for playoffs!?
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
Not for the final round. It will always go to the club with the best record.
Why would you want it another way?

EDIT: Just remembered the current MLB setup with the all-star game nonsense. I tend to black out that retarded change to the rules. Thanks, Bud
sabby787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby787 View Post
Why would you want it another way?

EDIT: Just remembered the current MLB setup with the all-star game nonsense. I tend to black out that retarded change to the rules. Thanks, Bud
I hate that All-Star rule garbage. But I want it set up so that it alternates between leagues, like it always used to be. And it would be nice to have it set up that way for the earlier rounds. Best record was never used for the LCS for example. Even that rotated between the divisions. One year it was the West, the next the East. Even numbered years were for the West iirc, and Odd years is when the American League had home advantage in the World Series (the 94 strike threw that off, and then Bud Selig showed up....)

It would just save time if OOTP could be set up to do this for me. As it stands now, I have to go in and re-schedule the World Series so the right team has the home advantage (and for the old days, which my league is still in, schedule it correctly and remove night games)

Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
I hate that All-Star rule garbage. But I want it set up so that it alternates between leagues, like it always used to be. And it would be nice to have it set up that way for the earlier rounds. Best record was never used for the LCS for example. Even that rotated between the divisions. One year it was the West, the next the East. Even numbered years were for the West iirc, and Odd years is when the American League had home advantage in the World Series (the 94 strike threw that off, and then Bud Selig showed up....)

It would just save time if OOTP could be set up to do this for me. As it stands now, I have to go in and re-schedule the World Series so the right team has the home advantage (and for the old days, which my league is still in, schedule it correctly and remove night games)
Wow, never knew it alternated between leagues. I assumed home field went to the team with the best record. Jeez, one would think I'd know that being such a huge baseball fan
Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby787 View Post
Wow, never knew it alternated between leagues. I assumed home field went to the team with the best record. Jeez, one would think I'd know that being such a huge baseball fan
I knew the World Series used to rotate but the LCS I never knew. Learn something new everyday. Gotta love these forums.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html

Last edited by oman19; 02-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
I knew the World Series used to rotate but the LCS I never knew. Learn something now everyday. Gotta love these forums.
Yes, the LCS rotated home field advantage. From 1969-84 in odd numbered years the AL West and NL East winners had home field advantage; in even numbered years it was the AL East and NL West winners. (Bear in mind that the LCS was a best-of-five series back then, and the rotation was 2-3, so arguably the club with home field advantage started the series on the road.)

In 1985 the LCS became a best-of-seven series. In 1985 and 1986 the AL East and NL West winners had home field advantage (in a 2-3-2 rotation). From 1987-93 it was the AL West and NL East winners with home field advantage in odd numbered years, and the AL East and NL West winners in even numbered years.

In 1994, with the move to three divisions in each league and the addition of the Division Series round, things naturally changed. From 1994-97 home field advantage for both the DS and LCS were rotated amongst the divisions; this arrangement changed the matchups in some of the DS from what it would have otherwise been under a purely seeded method. (This is why, for example, in 1995 Cleveland—in spite of having the best record in the AL—played Seattle in the Division Series and didn't have home field advantage.) The DS also used a 2-3 home field rotation.

In 1998 the rules were changed so that home field advantage was determined by seeding only, and the DS was changed to a 2-2-1 rotation.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

'96 was the year I started following baseball, '99 when I started following it seriously. Now I don't feel so bad