Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #141
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Fever - Yes, the images will automatically appear.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #142
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Everyone -

I've updated my primary web site at www.padresfanmods.net. I've come up with a new design, and if I decide I like it I'll probably get around to updating the other sub-sites as well.

More importantly, I wanted to point you to the site so you can read the latest posting regarding an upcoming Alzheimer's Fundraising Event that community member Jazzrack is participating in. I am more than happy to help Jazzrack spread the word, since he is the guy that provides the server space that makes my websites possible.

So please, if you've ever downloaded a mod from one of my websites, head on over and click the link and at least take a look. For all that Jazzrack has done for the community, I think it's the least we can do to learn a bit more about his event and maybe even donate some money to a great cause.

Thanks, Al
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #143
gollum65
All Star Reserve

New site looks great man! A big improvement. My only suggestion would be to again list mods by OOTP version.

Last edited by gollum65; 09-25-2008 at 08:47 PM.
gollum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #144
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Thanks!!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #145
Rangers_Fan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
From the ReadMe file that comes with the download:

Place the images in your \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\ballparks folder and place the parks.dat file in your \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\Saved_Games\<LEAGUE_NAME> folder, where <LEAGUE_NAME>is the name of your saved league.
I don't have anything in my \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 folder except empty \data and \temp directories. I tried putting the files in their respective places in the \program files\....lg and ...\ballparks directories, and it didn't make a change, even after restarting the game.

When I installed the game, I put it on the secondary partition (F: in my case). Could that be the culprit?

By the way, I want to add my thanks for all the work you've put in on this and the other mods. It makes a great game even greater.
Rangers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #146
Rangers_Fan
Bat Boy

Red face

Oops, I was wrong. I deleted all of the ballpark image files, re-pasted them, re-pasted the .dat file in my league, and the images showed, with one exception: Rangers Ballpark. Must be because I'm a fan.

I didn't see any other posts with this particular issue. I may just re-install everything and start over to see how it goes. Probably won't get around to it for a few days though, so if anyone has any other ideas, lemme know.

It must be fantasy ball - my Rangers made it past the Division Series!
Rangers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #147
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Razor's circular logos are now available from my site via the "Add Ons Center" from within the game... Enjoy!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #148
ccaranna
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New guy here:

These mods are awesome, but I am having difficulty with the site. It seems to slow my computer down tremendously. Am I the only one with this issue, or do I need an even faster computer? I'm not 100% of my computer specs, but I've got DSL with a Dell Pentium 512 Ram or something or other.

Thanks again!
ccaranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #149
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C#minor View Post
New guy here:

These mods are awesome, but I am having difficulty with the site. It seems to slow my computer down tremendously. Am I the only one with this issue, or do I need an even faster computer? I'm not 100% of my computer specs, but I've got DSL with a Dell Pentium 512 Ram or something or other.

Thanks again!
I've had this comment on my site from time to time. I use iWeb from Apple to build my website, and I've heard from "experts" that it is pretty bloated and not a good program to use for "real" websites. Unfortunately, it's easy to use and all I've got.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #150
ccaranna
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
I've had this comment on my site from time to time. I use iWeb from Apple to build my website, and I've heard from "experts" that it is pretty bloated and not a good program to use for "real" websites. Unfortunately, it's easy to use and all I've got.
Gotcha, there's another reason for me to get a MacBook when the time comes! Appreciate it
ccaranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #151
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Captain Walrus has a great historical set that I'm dying to use,will you please host them...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #152
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Captain Walrus has a great historical set that I'm dying to use,will you please host them...
Yep, just replied to him PM..
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #153
Cal Ripken's Glove
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi
I downloaded the real world baseball.quick from the site. After choosing this league after choosing the quickstart option the game gets hung up and stops responding and eventually crashes. anyone know what i am doing wrong? or what is happening? thank you.
Cal Ripken's Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #154
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Ripken's Glove View Post
Hi
I downloaded the real world baseball.quick from the site. After choosing this league after choosing the quickstart option the game gets hung up and stops responding and eventually crashes. anyone know what i am doing wrong? or what is happening? thank you.
Sorry, I don't know. That template was created with the previous version of OOTP, so there may be issues with OOTP9. You should try sending a message to the creator, Prodigal Son.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #155
Cal Ripken's Glove
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ok, thanks. i'll send him a PM.
Cal Ripken's Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #156
billfbrennan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

accurate photos

alright are there any photo downloads that have the accurate pictures as of say mid year. like santana in a mets uni, or ramirez in dodgers uniform. just wondering if any are up to date there. and also is there any way i can get the new stadiums for example citi field and yankee stadium part 2?

any info on these items will be great
billfbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #157
PadresFan
All Star Starter

As for the photos, I don't think there are any updated with the mid-year changes. Typically, the photos are only updated by folks in the Spring. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Haven't seen any submissions for the new fields yet either, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #158
legend15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

is this right?

Hello PadresFan, just got the game a little while ago, still getting used to it, but loving the game.

questions for you. from your mod site I got the picture pack for all the players, great work! but Jose Reyes pic is not him! its some other dude named Jose Rey, how can I fix this?

now, I installed the ballparks and put the dat file in my saved game folder, now when I play, I play in full screen mode but this is what's funny to me.

when you see the ball animations on the field, the fielders are way out of position, (ss)Jose Reye's Name is shown against the outfield wall in left center and (2b)Jose Castillo's name is in right center, and poor (cf) Beltran is visiting the uhaul building somewhere out there in queens!

is this how its supposed to be seen? before the pitch with the names and pictures of the players it looks fine, but when it hits the animations, it looks like nobody is in the infield besides the pitcher and the catcher, lol.

please let me know if I did something wrong.

the parks.dat file I see says, created July 13th 2008 and modified july 13th 2008. don't know if that helps.

even if it does look funny, will the game still play the same? stats etc?

hope all of this makes sense.

PS: keep up the great work!
legend15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #159
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Hey Legend -

Glad you like my site. For the photos, all you would have to do is find the picture of Jose Reyes that you want to use, and then rename it appropriately. If you can't find the photo you want, I'm sure someone in the photo sub-forum can help you out.

For the ballparks, it sounds like you installed something incorrectly. Which ballpark pack are you using? It sounds like you are using the one with the actual photos. Make sure to follow the instructions as described on the website:

Place the photos in your \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\ballparks folder and place the parks.dat file in your \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\Saved_Games\<league_name> folder, where <league_name> is the name of your saved league.

And no, this will not affect the stats, it's purely visual enhancement.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #160
legend15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the reply PadresFan.

Update!
I figured everything out! Messing around I noticed that I can actually click and drag the players on the field to a position I like. The pictures I'm sure I installed properly, both Jose Reyes and Pedro Martinez have the wrong pics, I just let the game make a face, for some reason it doesn't bother me to have a created face compared to the wrong pic, lol.

Started my career with the mets. 5-4 so far and loving it. I'm losing my mind just sitting here going through all these amazing stats and info
legend15 is offline   Reply With Quote