Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #1061
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 14, 2004

BNN Poll Picks Westerners 3rd in RU South Race
The progress has not been as fast as the Waleska Westerners manager McGraw Johnson wanted it. He told the press, "I'm not happy unless I win. That's the name of the game. I'm embarrassed the way I let my team play the first three years." The Westerners were fourth in 2001, 13 games back of the Marston Nine; fifth in 2002, 7 games behind Valka; and third last year, 6 games off the pace of St. John. Good and steady progress, but not good enough for the demanding Johnson.

"It is time for us to produce," Johnson said. "In playing or managing, the game of ball is only fun for me when I'm out in front and winning. I don't give a hill of beans for the rest of the game." Last season was the first playoff appearance for the Westerners, but it didn't last long. Belair Beach knocked them out early in the first round.

The Island baseball writers have voted St. John and Belair Beach to run 1-2 again this season in the RU South with Waleska coming in third. Lack of long ball power is the Westerners main shortcoming and it doesn't appear that Johnson solved his dilemma. Johnson has signed six newcomers, four pitchers and two position players. He will use the pitchers to shore up his overall staff. Waleska has solid starters, but suffered when they went to the bullpen, especially the closers.

Johnson told BNN, "I've added four strong arms... several of them throw hard... around 95 mph. Two of them will be spot starters and long relief and one of them is going to be my closer." Ed Barnard and LHP Derek Brunet will be the spot starters and Nasty Naymick will be his closer. The fourth rookie hurler, Earl Willis, will be a middle reliever and mop-up man.

Commenting on Naymick's nickname Johnson said, "With a name like that he'd better be nasty... or else they'll laugh him out of the ballpark. I'm hoping he is nasty. What the heck! I don't name 'em, I just play 'em and pull 'em."

Cliff Wills, a 33-year-old rookie, will split time in center field. He is a good defender, but more importantly to Johnson, he can hit with power, an element sorely needed by the Westerners. Waleska only hit 97 roundtrippers in 2003, ranking near the bottom of the league in that category.

The Westerners starting four will keep them high in the standings. Carter, Kennedy, Wagner and Hill are all steady and consistent winners.

Top Hurlers: Smokey Joe Carter (20-9 3.09), Buddy Kennedy (17-14 3.27), Jack Wagner (13-6 2.92) and Gary Hill (16-16 3.90)

Top Hitters: LF Big Hoss Burkhalter (.269 BA/27 HR/120 RBI/89 R/10 SB), 3B Yoshihide Nishata (.268 BA/14 HR/105 RBI/100 R/41 SB), 1B Mark Ulricht (.285 BA/15 HR/67 RBI) in 110 games, 2B Depaul Labat (.305 BA/9 HR/53 RBI/61 R/38 SB) in 84 games and SS Johnny Nowitzki (.303 BA/0 HR/60 RBI/75 R/10 SB
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #1062
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 14, 2004

Prospects Poor For White River In Tough TU North
The White River Rascals are beginning season number three in the Tycobbian Union North, one of the tougher divisions in the IPA. In its first year White River wound up seventh, 18 games in back of the Oxford Red Caps. Last year the Rascals improved, but still finished 15 games off the pace of the flag-winning Hartsdale Hellcats and fell into the basement.

Big John Randison, a giant of a pitcher in his playing days, is at the helm of the Rascals. His Rascals are picked no better than seventh this season in the preseason prognostications. Most analysts see them topping Mahaska and staying out of the cellar. Neither ballclub has the talent of the other teams in the division.

Asked how he like being a manager, the Rascals 6'10" skipper compared playing to managing this way, "As a young pitcher I threw a lot of balls and walked a lot of batters. Not something I'm proud of, but something I learned from. I'm new at this managing process and have made a lot of mistakes, but I'm a fast learner. What I've learned so far is you can never have too many pitchers who can throw 95 miles an hour and throw it over the plate when they want."

White River will have four rookies, two pitchers, an infielder and an outfielder, but according to Randison, they will have to produce in relief and back-up roles before being a part of the regular rotation or breaking into the starting line-up.

Best Pitchers: Dante Langlais (18-15 3.92), Neil Blaisdell (10-4 3.85) and closer Emile Sifko (5-7 3.48) with 22 saves in 64 games.

Best Batters: 3B Rupert Doan (.284 BA/20 HR/83 RBI/85 R/20 SB), 1B Al Joyner (.259 BA/25 HR/83 RBI), 2B Riley Cloy (.279 BA/19 HR/72 RBI) and LF Roy Cochran (.279 BA/19 HR/72 RBI)
Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #1063
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 14, 2004

Sundowners Could Go Down In RU East
If the Wynnamac Sundowners continue in a logical progression they will end last in the Ruthlandian Union East. Matt Donnelly's ball club finished sixth in 2002 and then seventh last year. And according to the baseball preseason polls in 2004 they are headed straight to eighth place. Donnelly just doesn't have an abundance of quality players.

Wynnamac has three new additions to its roster, but none has the potential to even make the starting rotation or starting line-up. The Sundowners are woefully weak in just about all aspects of the game. Most of the other clubs in the division have at least made some improvements over last year, but not so in Wynnamac. That's why they are an easy pick for last place.

Best Pitchers: Rich Walters (19-15 3.63)

Best Hitters: LF Don Hollister (.247 BA/20 HR/106 RBI/83 R), 1B Nate Cockroft (.288 BA/18 HR/84 RBI), CF Hawkeye Ingram (.293 BA/13 HR/80 RBI/99 R/16 SB), RF Darcy Monaghan (.290 BA/7 HR/37 RBI 42 R) in 66 games and RF John Babcock (.296 BA/9 HR/37 RBI) in 36 games
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #1064
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Done!
All of the teams rosters have been revamped.
We are just about ready to start the new season.

Now I'm going to see if some of the teams will trade to improve their situations, then after that, it's season number four in the Islandian Pro Alliance.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #1065
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 15, 2004

Cold Creek, Bayview Make Trade
Cold Creek and Bayview have agreed in principle to a trade. The Catamounts will send 37-year old right fielder Karl Yashin to the Vikings for 26-year old reliever Buzzy Lewis and 22-year old reliever Kyle Petersen. The deal is expected to be finalized shortly and the clubs will be introducing their new players to the press when the paperwork is complete.

Yashin boasts a lifetime batting average of .279 with 275 hits, 50 homers, 141 runs scored and 176 RBIs. He batted .276 last year with 27 home runs and 96 RBIs.

Bayview skipper and GM Walter Johanssen told BNN, "The Vikings made the trade to get a long ball threat. Yashin will put us over the hump in the pennant race and will help us win the TU West this year. I know Karl is up in age, but he hasn't shown any drop in ability to my eye. He keeps himself in great shape and I look for him to have several more productive years. I wouldn't have made the trade if I didn't think so."

For his career Lewis has put together a won-lost record of 22-26. In 378.2 innings he has produced 351 strikeouts and a 3.97 ERA with 27 saves. Last year Lewis was 9-8 with 13 starts and 3 complete games. He appeared in 43 games and compiled a 3.79 ERA.

Peterson was 6-6 last season with a 3.45 ERA. He was used mostly in middle relief, appearing in 47 games. Peterson made 5 starts and completed 2 of them.

Cold Creek GM/Manager T. Kelly Holmes said, "We hated to give up such a fine ballplayer as Yashin. He gave us two excellent seasons, but this trade is about the future. Lewis and Peterson will give us two fine pitchers that will be with us for years to come."

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-29-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #1066
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 15, 2004

Elnora Gets Standout SS In Trade With LaGrange
A trade between LaGrange and Elnora was made official this morning. The Sports have sent 26-year-old shortstop Kyle Villere to the All-Stars in exchange for 28-year-old starting pitcher Pat Savoie and 24-year-old reliever Hunk Sweitzer.

Elnora manager Zoggy White was elated by the trade. "This fills a big hole on our ball club. Kyle is as good a shortstop as there is in the league."

During his career Villere has notched 353 hits and a .307 average with 24 home runs and 143 RBIs. This past season the slick-fielding shortstop hit .308 with 15 homers, 70 RBIs, stole 28 bases and scored 87 runs. Villere compiled a .973 fielding percentage.

Foxy Jimison was excited about his new pitchers. "Savoie will jump right into a starting role. Sweitzer gives us another good arm and help as a spot starter and fine middle reliever. Improved pitching should translate into a better season."

A look at his career stats shows three-year vet Savoie has a record of 25 wins and 18 losses and a 3.61 ERA, while Sweitzer is 14-12 lifetime with a 3.69 ERA.

Savoie was 10-4 last season with a 3.43 ERA. Sweitzer was 3-4 and a 3.30 ERA in 52 appearances.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #1067
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 15, 2004

Hillsboro Blazers Ship Pontros to St. John
Done deal!
The Hillsboro Blazers have agreed to send 29-year-old shortstop Jerry Pontros to the St. John Crusaders for 30-year-old starting pitcher George Wilson, 21-year-old third baseman George Longmire and 28-year-old center fielder Jorge Mercado. The trade, rumored for days, was completed in the wee hours this morning.

Pontros has a lifetime average of .284, played in 281 games and collected 46 home runs and 125 RBIs. Last year was his best season with a .292 BA, 27 roundtrippers and 69 RBIs, while leading off. Pontros scored 119 runs and handles his defensive chores well. His fielding percentage was .967.

"Christmas came early in St. John this year," is how manager Dickie Billings felt. "How about that trade. We get us a fine shortstop who can hit the ball out-of-sight and catch the ball, too. This is going to be a great season for the Crusaders."

Wilson fashioned a 17-9 won-lost record in his rookie year with a 3.88 ERA. Center fielder Jorge Mercado hit .308 in a platoon role with 4 homers and 7 steals in 61 games. He will play full-time in Hillsboro. Longmire played third base for St. John, but will shift over to second base for the Blazers. He won a Gold Glove in 2002. Second base is his normal position. Longmire hit .251 with 8 home runs and 68 stolen bases. He scored 87 runs.

Manager Arky Spanderson told reporters, "We had to give up a lot to get these players. Pontros is an excellent shortstop, but we got three impact players that will improve our defense, speed, on-base percentage and pitching. We can still hit home runs, but we can play the other parts of the game better with the trade. Wilson is a fine young pitcher. The Blazers will not be last in the TU East this season."
Old 06-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #1068
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 16, 2004

Catamounts Deal Carducci to Rancheros for Baldera and Russell
Trade winds have been blowing through Cold Creek again for the second straight day. This time it's a deal between the Catamounts and the San Dimas Rancheros. Cold Creek has shipped 30-year-old homer-hitting first baseman Johnny Carducci to San Dimas for 27-year-old left fielder Fernando Baldera and 27-year-old shortstop Russ Russell. Both are solid hitters with pop in their bats, plus Russell is superb with the glove.

Carducci is quite a hitter with a great eye that fanned only 36 times last year. Carducci slammed 28 homers, scored 106 runs and batted in 107, while hitting .300 for average and walking 102 times. Looking at his all-time stats, Carducci has a lifetime .293 average with 309 hits, 48 doubles, 7 triples, 63 home runs and 212 RBIs. To date he has scored 196 runs, walked 181 times.

Manager T. Kelly Holmes of the Catamounts told BNN, "Carlucci is one of the premier sluggers in the IPA, but when you can pick up two quality players for one, you do it. We are in the stage in our development where we need to get more than just a one-to-one exchange. Cold Creek wants quantity and quality when we trade. We got it today and yesterday. Our fans are going to miss Carducci, but they are going to fall in love with Russell and Baldera."

Russell compiled a .274 batting average last season with 18 roundtrippers and 88 RBIs. Russell carries a lifetime .293 mark into the coming season.

Baldera hit .295 last year with 18 home runs and 68 RBIs. In his 262-game career Baldera is hitting .305 with 294 hits, 36 home runs, 121 runs scored and 144 RBIs.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-29-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #1069
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 16, 2004

Kenwood, San Alejo Swap Players
It has been in the rumor mill for several weeks, but today team officials for Kenwood and San Alejo confirmed an agreement. The Wildcats dealt 28-year-old second baseman Denholm Carruthers to the Montaneros for 27-year-old center fielder Juan Padilla, 23-year-old second baseman Xavier Rocha and a pitcher to be named later.

In his two seasons Carruthers has put up a career batting average of .332 with 330 hits, 18 homers and 129 RBIs.

Rocha was a regular for the Montaneros for two years, batting .256 in 2003 with 5 home runs, 56 RBIs, 93 walks and scored 91 runs.

Padilla has been a utility outfielder and has registered a career batting average of .245 with 49 hits, 2 homers and 13 RBIs. He hit .298 last year, mainly as a pinchhitter, starting 21 games.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #1070
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 16, 2004

Suns-Lynx Trade: English for Boyer and Hudson
The Arroyo Grande Suns swapped 31-year-old shortstop Kevin English for 33-year-old starting pitcher Charley Boyer and 24-year-old starting pitcher Val Hudson of the Lynx after what La Claire officials would only characterize as "difficult" negotiations.

English is a fine fielder, who hit .319 in his second year with 5 homers, stole 29 bases and scored 75 times. Lifetime English is hitting .285 with 327 hits, 66 doubles, 12 triples and 8 home runs. He has scored 152 runs and driven in 76.

In 2003 Boyer was 10-13 with a 3.03 ERA in 21 starts. His career mark is 12 victories and 14 defeats. Boyer also has struck out 147 batters in 201 innings and compiled a 3.27 ERA.

Hudson was 7-5 in 15 starts and put up a 3.53 ERA in his rookie year in 2003.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #1071
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 17, 2004

La Claire's Jablonski To Oxford for 3 Players in Big Deal
The La Claire Lynx and Oxford Red Caps have finalized a big three-for-one trade. Oxford welcomes 34-year old first baseman Kenny Jablonski aboard while saying good-bye to 29-year old first baseman Lavon England, 28-year old reliever Joey Addis and 27-year old reliever Jim Melanakos.

Jablonski is the big plum in the trade, giving the already-awesome Oxford Red Caps another big bat. Jablonski has played in 239 games and posted a lifetime .319 average. Last season Jablonski batted .343 with 16 homers and 80 RBIs.

La Claire skipper Rip Calkin assessed the trade this way, "We gave up a fine hitter, but got two starting pitchers in return. Our defense will be much improved with English at first base. It also made us a younger team."

Red Cap manager Campy Roy told reporters, "It will be joy to write Jablonski on the line-up card along with Plunkett, Courtney and Spencer. We are really set for the season. Bring it on."

England, a sharp-fielding first sacker with good contact and great speed, hit only .263 with 7 home runs, but stole 51 bases and scored 91 runs.

Melanakos was 6-5 with a 3.23 ERA in 2003 and has allowed opponents a batting average of .245 throughout his career, ringing up 216 strikeouts in 305 innings, while registering 2 saves in 64 games. His record is 17 wins-16 losses with a 2.98 ERA.

Addis, a lefty, will be starting his first full season in the IPA. He appeared in 11 games last year in relief roles with an 0-0 record, but an impressive 1.37 ERA. Both Addis and Melanakos will be inserted into manager Rip Calkin's starting rotation.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #1072
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 17, 2004

Paddison, Giacone Swap Teams
The Cybercats and Tars confirmed this afternoon that a trade had been agreed upon. In the deal, Grand City will get 26-year-old center fielder Teddy Giacone, while Taranto will receive 32-year-old starting pitcher Lefty Paddison.

Paddison was 19-18 with 3.34 ERA last year for a seventh-place team. He has authored a 33-30 won-lost record in his career with a 3.12 ERA.

Slugger Giacone, one of the longest hitter in the IPA, ripped 42 out of the park in 2003, drove in 105 runs, but hit a paltry .222. Giacone has played in 280 games with a .230 career batting average and has hit 70 home runs in his two seasons.

Tars manager Tommaso Lazzorda, old lefty himself, was delighted to get a starting pitcher. "Paddison is a man after my own heart. We can score runs. We needed help in the pitching department and got it with Lefty."

Cybercat manager Torry Joseph told the press, "We need to score more runs. We have not done that very well our first two years in the IPA. Giacone can hit it out anywhere and at anytime. He also plays a good right field. I just have to get busy and find somebody as good as Lefty. You also need pitching, too."
Old 06-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #1073
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 17, 2004

Trade: Hardesty for Amato
Fans in Tuckanarra woke up this morning to learn that their team had traded 30-year-old catcher Clint Hardesty to the Volusia Vigilantes. In return, the Blue Jays will receive 27-year-old starting hurler Mike Amato.

During his career Hardesty has hit .307 with 339 hits, 22 home runs, 169 RBIs and scored 135 runs. Last season Hardesty compiled a .320 batting average with 9 roundtrippers and 87 runs batted in. He caught 137 games. Vigilante manager Alfonso Feliz said, "Hardesty will give us some much-needed offense."

Last year for the V's Amato chalked up a 12-12 mark with a 3.43 ERA in 26 starting assignments. During his career Amato has racked up 29 wins, 20 losses and 1 save. His lifetime ERA is 3.34 in 73 games and 425 innings. Blue Jays head man Carlton "Lefty" Stevens told BNN that "this give us another strong arm in the rotation. Amato is a workhorse and can pitch 300 innings a year."

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-30-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #1074
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 18, 2004

Belle Plaine Sends Ace Dozier to North Hills
Today at a press conference the Belle Plaine Musketeers announced a three-for-one trade has been completed with the North Hills Hawks. The Musketeers have shipped 25-year-old starting pitcher Lou Dozier to the Hawks for 30-year-old shortstop Rance Jeffries, 29-year-old starter Pistol Pete Westberry and a player to be named later.

Both managers Hub Carlson of the Hawks and Boo Ladrieux of the Musketeers thought it was a good trade for both teams. Ladrieux said, "It's a win-win trade. Both teams filled spots in their rosters that will make them better. We got a shortstop and a fine pitcher with great potential and promise, plus we'll get another ballplayer in the deal... "a little extra" or "lagniappe" as we say in French."

Carlson was extremely happy. "It's not often you can get a pitcher of Dozier's quality and capability. He provides us with a very talented pitcher and he could be here for 15 more years."

Last year Dozier was the ace of the Muskies rotation with 17-12 record with a 2.97 ERA. Since joining the league, Dozier has compiled an ERA of 3.30 with a career record of 29-31. He has 452 strikeouts in 545 innings and has held opponents to a .256 batting average.

Jeffries gives Belle Plaine a solid shortstop with great range in the field and a decent bat. Jeffries batted .272, hit 3 home runs, scored 74 times and had 48 RBIs.

In his rookie season last year Westberry appeared in 32 games with 10 starts. He had 6 wins and 2 losses and a 3.07 ERA with 55 strikeouts in 105 innings and 2 saves.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-30-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #1075
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 19, 2004

Musketeers Swap Gooch to Redbirds For Three Players
Belle Plaine and Denton City have made a swap. The Musketeers manager Boo Ladrieux wheeled and dealed for the second consecutive day, concluding another three-for-one trade. Players involved in the transaction are the Musketeers 24-year-old right fielder Lavon Gooch and the Redbirds 24-year-old starting pitcher Kent Wells, 34-year-old reliever Arnie Courtney and 27-year-old right fielder Cris Willis.

Ladrieux spoke with BNN and said, "I know the fans may not like losing a couple of their favorites, but we got six players for two players. The overall effect is that our team is much better."

In today's trade Belle Plaine got immediate help at three spots on their roster. Courtney will go into the starting rotation right away, Wells becomes the team's closer and Willis will take over right field.

In his freshman season Wells won 4 and lost 4 in 8 starts, collecting 40 strikeouts with a 2.59 ERA. Courtney worked only 14 relief appearances in the second half of the season last year with an 0-0 mark and a 3.20 ERA. Willis hit 8 home runs, batted .297 and had 77 RBIs in his rookie season. Willis played all 154 games.

Denton City gets an all-around good talent in Gooch, who in his rookie year last season played in 150 games with a .294 batting average. Among his 163 hits were 33 doubles, 9 triples and 24 home runs. He also has scored 85 runs and drove in 93 runs.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-30-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #1076
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 19, 2004

Big Swap Announced in IPA
Officials from the Glasco organization were all smiles as they announced a deal with the Mahaska Haymakers today involving several top-flight players. The Athletics will receive 27-year-old left fielder Stan Kobzar in return for 29-year-old third baseman Lloyd Windham. "Both sides had to work overtime to get this deal done," the Haymakers GM reported.

Last season Windham hit .301 with 8 home runs, 119 walks, 124 runs scored and 57 RBIs. Lifetime Windham is batting .292 with 315 hits and 17 home runs.

In 111 games Kobzar batted .334 with 16 homers and 57 RBIs in 2003. His career numbers show Kobzar is batting .332 with a total of 21 home runs.

A's manager McDuffie Hughes liked the trade and commented, "Our team needs a boost in home-run firepower and Kobzar will help out there, in addition to hitting for average."
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #1077
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 19, 2003

Cybercats Trade Helmke To Red Sox For Borcellino
It was announced today that Red Bluff and Grand City came to agreement on a trade. Grand City will get 28-year-old second baseman Tony Borcellino and Red Bluff will pick up 22-year-old center fielder Stan Helmke in return. "I'm not surprised by the news," Borcellino told reporters, "It's part of the business and I understand that. I am looking forward to playing for the Cybercats."

In his rookie year Helmke racked up 196 hits with a .326 batting average and 6 home runs. The speedy center fielder stole 61 bases and scored 93 runs.

Borcellino is solid with the glove and strong with the bat. He rapped 30 home runs and drove in 107 runs last season, but hit only .237. Borcellino's all-time stats include 59 home runs and 181 RBIs in 256 games, while batting .247.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #1078
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 20, 2004

Sports-Sundowners Trade Announced
LaGrange and Wynnamac agreed to a trade today. 29-year-old reliever Dwight Gagneaux and 29-year-old reliever Matt Landrieu will go to the Sundowners. In exchange the Sports will receive 29-year-old shortstop Marvin Hollis and 32-year-old right fielder John Babcock.

Landrieu and Gagneaux will share the number four spot in the Wynnamac rotation. In his rookie season Landrieu made his way to the mound for 18 appearances, logging 8 starts and a record of 5-6 with an ERA of 2.84. Gagneaux, also a rookie in 2003, appeared in 21 games with a 1-5 mark, while making 4 starts, but posted a very good 3.10 ERA.

Hollis is a fine defender with excellent range. He was the Sundowners first-string shortstop the last two years. Hollis is a decent hitter, compiling a .272 batting average last season with 4 homers and 62 RBIs. Lifetime he is hitting .274.

Babcock has been only a part-timer in his two seasons. In 36 games last year he batted .296 with 9 home runs and 37 RBIs. Babcock's career batting average is only .244. Babcock will start in left field for the Sports.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-30-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #1079
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 20, 2004

Zorros, Rancheros Confirm Deal
The Luxora Zorros announced a deal with the Rancheros today, sending 23-year-old reliever Keith Callahan to San Dimas for 29-year-old third baseman Carey Niven. It had been talked about for the past few weeks and everything came together late last night. All players are expected to be joining their respective clubs shortly.

Callahan, a three-year veteran, has compiled a 41-33 career mark, pitched in 118 games, been credited with 1 save and posted a 3.43 ERA. He has 465 strikeouts in 653 innings pitched. Last season Callahan chalked up a 10-7 record last year. He made 13 starts and appeared in 44 games with a 3.57 ERA. Callahan will be the #4 starter for the Rancheros.

Niven was a back-up utility infielder this past season and appeared in 85 games. He has good power and is handy with the glove. Niven started only 15 games and finished up with a .281 average with 3 home runs and 17 RBIs. He will take over third base for the Zorros.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-30-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #1080
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Islandian Times

March 20, 2003

Marston, Sligo Make Trade
Officials for Marston confirmed that they have traded 26-year-old starting pitcher Dix Edenborough to the Sligo Rovers. In return, the Nine will receive 24-year-old shortstop Galen Gilmore.

Last year was Edenborough's first year in the IPA. He notched 4 wins and 7 losses and a 3.64 ERA. Edenborough appeared in 31 games, started 11 and had 3 complete games. He'll be a spot starter and middle relief for the Rovers.

2003 was also Gilmore first season. He played 57 games as a utility back-up, hit .291 with 1 home run and 14 runs batted in. Marston will have him platoon at second base initially.