Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #81
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I want to see some ESPN 30 for 30's made about some of these PT rivalries...

...what if I told you that the Singapore Sluggers would be randomly placed in the same division as the Huntley Red Raiders over and over again?

...what if I told you that a man's whale team's biggest weakness would be against his wife's whale team?

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 10-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #82
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Collingwood fans are jubilant after sending the Christians to the lion's den, 4 games to 1. Cy Young the Great did not show up, but the Big Bats did after tweaking the batting order in time for game 2. Despite a quality start by Cy in game 1, the opener was lost 3-2. There was a controversial scoring decision in the first inning with first and third and nobody out Wade Boggs hit a slow roller towards 1st base that was muffed by George Brett. The run would have scored anyway with clean fielding, so it was a mistake to not call this an earned run. Game 2 saw Walter Johnson struggle through 5 and 2/3 before yielding to the bullpen after 106 pitches. It was not pretty, but it was a 4-1 win. In game 3 the bats came alive and jumped out to a 6-1 lead, but again the pitching struggled and the final score was 6-5. Enough of this, and there followed 14-3 and 14-6 pastings to send the Magpies to the finals. Ted Williams was series MVP.

Name:  will2.PNG
Views: 163
Size:  18.1 KB
Name:  williams.PNG
Views: 141
Size:  83.6 KB
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #83
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P407: Another Mountain to Climb

This is Huntley's third straight appearance in the Perfect League finals and our fourth trip in 5 years. in 2044, Huntley lost in 6 to the Singapore Sluggers; in 2046, Huntley prevailed in 5 over the St George Slammers; and in 2047, Huntley fell to the RealMadrid El Blanco in 7.

But this is, quite simply, the toughest challenge Huntley has ever faced in a Perfect League Series.

The Colorado Lions went 140-22. They scored 1,006 runs and only allowed 399. They had, as I may have mentioned before, a 67-game winning streak this season. Their rotation is headed by Walter Johnson, who led the AC in ERA (1.54), innings (268.2), strikeouts (251), WHIP (0.78), HR/9 (0.2), BABIP (.244), and WAR (11.0). Johnson is followed by Ed Walsh, Curt Schilling, and Pedro Martinez. On offense, second-baseman Honus Wagner (.311/.386/.458, 126 OPS+) led the team in WAR (6.4); Ty Cobb (.294/.377/.473), Wade Boggs (.333/.409/.486), and Joe DiMaggio (.284/.372/.480) also reached or exceeded 5.0 WAR for the season.

Can Huntley pull off its second shocking upset? Or will the Lions claim their throne? It all plays out now in P407...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #84
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My Broncos have made the Diamond World Series and will advance to Perfect for the 1st time and with a negative run differential.

As a pack team, it takes a while for me to level up, but I got a nice bonus and pulled a perfect Cole when I got my 1,000 PP for making the playoffs.

Last edited by sharknut; 10-20-2019 at 07:48 PM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #85
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Interstate 80 Defenders won game 6, and thus the series, by a score of 3-2 in 14 innings. Their pitching was just too good for my hitters, who managed only 13 runs in six games.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:20 PM   #86
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Good Luck in your Wild Card game. You were good enough to win a division, but you were in a tough one.

Doubledays finished 110-53 after winning a play-in game 6-2 against Asbury. We get to avoid the Wild Card game and we play the 110-52 Durham El Torres in the best of 5 series. El Torres is a defensive minded team with the top def eff of .724 in the league and 1st in runs against. The Doubledays were in the top 8 in the 6 major categories shown in the standings and were 4th in Average and ERA. Doubledays won the regular season series 4-2, which means nothing at this point as El Torres does have home field.

All 3 of my teams made the Perfect playoffs this season in PT 2.0.

Oren Owlz added John Henry Lloyd to the top of the batting order. They won 101 games for the 1st time in Perfect and are the top seed in their conference while there are 2 mega whales battling it out in the other conference.

Woodpeckers managed the final wild card spot and is hoping defense can stop the mega hitting teams.
The Doubledays could not pull it out on the road against Durham in game 5 and have been eliminated. The Wild Card SpringBoks are up 3-1 to Durham to face heavily favored 128 game NC champs Legends.

Woodpeckers lost by one run in their wild card matchup. The 122 win Amsterdam Armada are favored to win the series after taking the NC series from the Texans 4-1.

Owlz were the biggest surprise as they made it to the Perfect series. They will be heavy underdogs to the 3 time Perfect champion 49ers.
Kudos to the Crimson Tide for eliminating the Kings.
Attached Images

Last edited by daves; 10-20-2019 at 07:24 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #87
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

It's nip-and-tuck so far, with Colorado winning game 1 behind Pedro, 4-2, but Huntley prevailing in the classic Walsh vs Walsh matchup in game 2, 2-1. On to Huntley for the next 3...

Old 10-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #88
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons were down 3-2 vs Whatever Whatever and then this 21 inning marathon happened. We had 26 H to their 13 and got 10 BB, but kept stranding runners (54 LOB!). But we finally eked out a win. Surprisingly, both of our bullpens have 2 guys that are rested so we're not in too bad of shape for the final game today. It's been a really good series so far.

Big surprise in the other conference... The Chicago Rampage, winners of 128 games (their most ever), lost in 7 to the Patriots (winners of 93 games). So if we can just get past the Whatevers, maybe we can get another championship.
Attached Images
Old 10-20-2019, 07:46 PM   #89
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
This is Huntley's third straight appearance in the Perfect League finals and our fourth trip in 5 years. in 2044, Huntley lost in 6 to the Singapore Sluggers; in 2046, Huntley prevailed in 5 over the St George Slammers; and in 2047, Huntley fell to the RealMadrid El Blanco in 7.

But this is, quite simply, the toughest challenge Huntley has ever faced in a Perfect League Series.

The Colorado Lions went 140-22. They scored 1,006 runs and only allowed 399. They had, as I may have mentioned before, a 67-game winning streak this season. Their rotation is headed by Walter Johnson, who led the AC in ERA (1.54), innings (268.2), strikeouts (251), WHIP (0.78), HR/9 (0.2), BABIP (.244), and WAR (11.0). Johnson is followed by Ed Walsh, Curt Schilling, and Pedro Martinez. On offense, second-baseman Honus Wagner (.311/.386/.458, 126 OPS+) led the team in WAR (6.4); Ty Cobb (.294/.377/.473), Wade Boggs (.333/.409/.486), and Joe DiMaggio (.284/.372/.480) also reached or exceeded 5.0 WAR for the season.

Can Huntley pull off its second shocking upset? Or will the Lions claim their throne? It all plays out now in P407...

Someone actually won 67 straight and with an RDiff of "only" 607?! How incredibly lucky can one get?! They might be really good, but that's some super great luck happening there. I wonder what the PT record winning streak is?

Well, it looks like you guys have your work cut out for you. Good luck to the Red Raiders in the series!
Old 10-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #90
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers have advanced to the Diamond Level Series, beating the Heath Falcons 4 games to 2. In game 6, 93 Carpenter FINALLY kinda showed up and surrendered 3 runs over 5 innings, and the bullpen closed out the game, scattering 3 hits. The YakAnglers scored all their runs in the 4th inning, taking the game 6-3.

We now face the Los Angeles Asakura, an 86-76 wildcard team that has caught fire at the right time. Game 1 will face our 98 Gooden against either 89 Strasburg, 88 Jim Bunning, or 85 Matlack. 100 Clemens doesn't look like he will be ready for game 1.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #91
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Game 7 in the Evergreen Forest vs the Whatever. After taking a 5-1 lead going into the 9th inning, the Whatever scored 4 times to tie it up. In the previous game, I took Willie Mays out and played Maddox instead since Mays had been cold the whole post-season. So I was debating whether to put Mays back in again and at the last moment, I decided to do so. This proved fortuitous as Mays hit a walk-off solo HR to end the game and series!

So it's on to the WS for the Raccoons who'll be facing the 93 W Patriots. While I'm sure they're capable of winning it all, I'm still liking our chances against them much better than if we'd had to play the Rampage. But if the Patriots do manage to win, at least I can be happy for them. They've been to the playoffs 20 times now, including 14 in Perfect and have never won a championship.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #92
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's nip-and-tuck so far, with Colorado winning game 1 behind Pedro, 4-2, but Huntley prevailing in the classic Walsh vs Walsh matchup in game 2, 2-1. On to Huntley for the next 3...
What is Colorado using for park factors? I am betting it is all 1.100 (bigger for gap of course).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #93
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
What is Colorado using for park factors? I am betting it is all 1.100 (bigger for gap of course).
Not quite so dramatic, but you're definitely on the right track!
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #94
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers win both games at home to go up two games to none. In game 1 Gooden gives up 1 hit over 7.2 and the YakAnglers win 2-0.

Game two was more of the same as Spud Chandler goes 6.2 and gives up 5 hits and the YakAnglers hold on for a 1-0 victory.

Newly acquired Yelich is getting a hit here and there, but no homeruns so far. This team is incapable of hitting hrs. ;(

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #95
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

This sucked a bit, but almost.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #96
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Sometimes winning can be losing......

The Renegades won the first two games in their park, the Express fought back, and swept at home (I guess both teams were really built right for their own parks.) The Renegades staved off elimination in Game 6. A Walter Johnson versus Ed Walsh game 7 was on the agenda, and Walter was on point for his second game in the series, allowing 2 runs in 6 six innings before turning it over to the pen, with a 4-2 lead. The Renegades were not quite done, as they pushed across a run in the 9th, and had a runner at 2nd base as Luke Appling grounded weakly to SS for the last out.

So while I got the win in the imaginary baseball game, I had to run to the store to get some flowers to soothe the imaginary frustration the wife had with me following the game.

The Homestead Grey's await in the PL series, and I'm already down 1-0 there.....
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:53 PM   #97
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P407: The Lions (Put Huntley to) Sleep Tonight

By virtue of winning 3 straight in Huntley, the Colorado Lions are, quite deservedly so, your P407 champions. After winning the Walsh v Walsh game 2 battle to tie the series at 1 apiece, Huntley could not pull out any of its home games, losing 4-0, 6-5, and 6-4, the final game only decided when Colorado plated 2 in the top of the 9th. It was a valiant run for the Red Raiders, but for the second straight year, Huntley couldn't quite finish the journey.

Luke Appling once again took home the Platinum Stick at SS; it is his 10th overall. Huntley only won one other award, but it was a big one...

Quote:
Speaking of your Red Raiders, Rube Waddell had a banner year, pacing the NC in ERA (1.89), wins (24), quality starts (29), opponents' average (.218), ERA+ (232!), and rWAR (10.4), and finishing third in winning percentage (.857), third in strikeouts (239), second in K/9 (9.8), seventh in WHIP (1.10), third in FIP (2.52), and third in WAR (8.3). (Strangely, though, I don't think Rube has any chance at the Pitcher of the Year Award because Jersey's Cy Young--old-school stat alert!--went 24-0.)
Proving once again that if there's something I excel at, it's incorrectly predicting the future, the Red Raiders ace did win the NC Pitcher of the Year Award! Rube also finished second in the Player of the Year Award voting, actually garnering the same number of first-place votes (8) as the winner, Mickey Mantle of the DDingu Eagles, but losing the overall vote, 257-231.

Congratulations to the Lions and all other 2048 champions, and here's to tomorrow and the promise the 2049 season brings!

Old 10-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #98
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Last night the Warbirds were sitting with their best regular season record yet (123wins) and a very large amount of PP in the bank. With their 3rd PL championship on the horizon and the high hopes of adding a Cy, Walt, DiMaggio, or even TOTY Bergman through packs

Today we have a division series loss after leading 2-0 and some peak LIVE cards.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #99
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Someone actually won 67 straight and with an RDiff of "only" 607?! How incredibly lucky can one get?! They might be really good, but that's some super great luck happening there. I wonder what the PT record winning streak is?
I've decided to preserve the record of the winning streak for history; apologies to Colorado Lions owner, purgewin, if I'm overstepping my boundaries here. But here are the month-by-month results for Colorado, starting with April (the streak began on April 22), then May (26-0), June (26-0), and, finally, July (the streak was snapped on July 8). Truly, an incredible accomplishment!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Old 10-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #100
bailey
Hall Of Famer

It's a sweep.

The P429 finals is one for the birds: Grackles vs. Magpies. For the Grackles, it is their 3rd postseason appearance in 11 seasons in perfect. The Magpies are heavily favored, but game 1 was a nail biter. Cy Young was given a 2-0 lead, but coughed it up in the 8th inning and the game was decided in extra innings. Willie Mays pinch hit for Ozzie Smith in the 9th, with the bases loaded and no outs, but struck out. With 2 outs and the bases still loaded, Lou Boudreau hit a flyball to 8RD, which I interpret to mean Center Field Really Deep, but Mike Trout caught it. That enabled Cal Ripken who replaced Smith in the field, to be the hero with a walk off home run in the 11th.

Game 2 was a bit sloppy with 2 Magpie errors and 2 caught stealing, but a 7-2 win is all that counts.

Game 3 the Magpies banged out 14 hits, but managed just two runs, but two was enough as we only allowed one.

Game 4 Trailing 4-2 in the 9th, the Magpies staged a dramatic 5-run rally to sweep the series.

At the awards ceremony Wade Boggs was named MVP with 7 first place votes, 2 other players got 7 and Mike Trout of Brigantine got 8, but Boggs got more overall votes. Mariano Rivera was flawless with 34 consecutive saves and no blown saves which was actually good for 5 votes (none 1st place). Cristobal Torriente was robbed of a great bat award at LF, perhaps because of too many games played in RF, although Ty Cobb won the RF award in spite of playing games in LF.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote