Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First Three Drafts

I was wondering if the potential ratings for the hand-made draft prospects of the first three or so drafts were based on Zips as the ratings are for the MLB and MiLB players. If not, what is the methodology behind the current and potential ratings that the devs give draft prospects? This question was brought about by the difference between the Adley Rutschman of OOTP 19 and OOTP 20, with the former having much better ratings than the latter. This is not a complaint, just an honest question about how this process goes. Thanks.
Trot Nixon's Waifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

I imagine they use the fan graphs big board and a combination of other industry evaluation. Adley is seen as much more a premium talent than he was a couple years ago.
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

If anyone cares, I drafted him in the '19 version and he came up quickly through the minor league system with about 7 really good offensive years. Mostly power and one of the best catchers in the league. I believe I let him go to free agency because he had high greed and over 30 yrs old he was basically worth most as a DH as his catching ability crashed.
Attached Images
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trot Nixon's Waifu View Post
I was wondering if the potential ratings for the hand-made draft prospects of the first three or so drafts were based on Zips as the ratings are for the MLB and MiLB players. If not, what is the methodology behind the current and potential ratings that the devs give draft prospects? This question was brought about by the difference between the Adley Rutschman of OOTP 19 and OOTP 20, with the former having much better ratings than the latter. This is not a complaint, just an honest question about how this process goes. Thanks.
He was overrated in 19. He's still incredibly highly rated in 20, as he grades out as potential 65 or 75 of 80.

But a few of the guys in future classes in 19 just got kind of overrated, for one reason or another. Working on fixing that in 20, though maybe not everyone is done yet.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I thought it was Fangraphs too, but most of draft prospects have a significantly higher potential than Fangraphs fv. On the Adley point, I think my concern is that in OOTP 19, he is more of a premium talent than he is in 20. I checked the database and apparently he starts in OOTP 19 with ratings of 30/65 con, 40/65 pwr, 35/60 eye, 55 catcher skill 60 arm. In 20, that drops down to 35/55, 40/60, 40/60, 60, 60. That doesn't sound like a lot and its obviously not, and much better examples can be seen in guys like Riley Greene, Rece Hinds, and Graeme Stinson. Overall though, Im just wondering what dropped so many of those guys from their ratings last year despite the good numbers they put up in the intervening time.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #6
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh cool sorry I posted that before seeing the replies. It makes sense if a bunch of guys were kinda overrated in 19, though I think Kelenic was by far the most consistently incredible/overrated draft prospect from either year. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you plan on making any final adjustments based on the remaining college season?
Old 03-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trot Nixon's Waifu View Post
Oh cool sorry I posted that before seeing the replies. It makes sense if a bunch of guys were kinda overrated in 19, though I think Kelenic was by far the most consistently incredible/overrated draft prospect from either year. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you plan on making any final adjustments based on the remaining college season?
Yes, for sure. The draft classes are still VERY much a work in progress, and there will be updates to ratings/new players added etc. with probably every patch throughout the year, as is pretty much typical for us

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote