Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Two fhm3 questions

I have two questions..

A) I seen you can relive history... I'm a big Minnesota fan can i relive wild history and wegi back as far as 2000.. Also if u play from 2000 all of the draft classes from 2000 to 2017 gonna be able to be redrafted..

My other question is... I know you guys said u can't expand until 2017.. However if I play say in 2000 can i expand to 31st team before 2017?

I also just watched the first game play video on YouTube... I'm a big believer on giving ppl try outs during training camp and such and spouting my roster and having split squads.. During pre season games we can keep 30-40 players on our roster or only like 23-24 like in that video

Last edited by Sabres2000; 07-02-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
I have two questions..

A) I seen you can relive history... I'm a big Minnesota fan can i relive wild history and wegi back as far as 2000.. Also if u play from 2000 all of the draft classes from 2000 to 2017 gonna be able to be redrafted..

My other question is... I know you guys said u can't expand until 2017.. However if I play say in 2000 can i expand to 31st team before 2017?

I also just watched the first game play video on YouTube... I'm a big believer on giving ppl try outs during training camp and such and spouting my roster and having split squads.. During pre season games we can keep 30-40 players on our roster or only like 23-24 like in that video
Yes, all draft classes are in there.

However if you start a game in Historical Mode, you can't expand even when you go into the future. It's just a limitation on that mode.

As for the training camp - you can only have 23 people on your roster at any given time, but that doesn't stop you from calling up or down players from your AHL team. Players at that point don't have to clear waivers. It's not always ideal, but it works.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Yes, all draft classes are in there.

However if you start a game in Historical Mode, you can't expand even when you go into the future. It's just a limitation on that mode.

As for the training camp - you can only have 23 people on your roster at any given time, but that doesn't stop you from calling up or down players from your AHL team. Players at that point don't have to clear waivers. It's not always ideal, but it works.
Adam. So i am playing in the OHL and i want to manually update my teams roster before i start playing... Is there a way to edit the draft picks ot assign them to the correct team?
Old 07-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Adam. So i am playing in the OHL and i want to manually update my teams roster before i start playing... Is there a way to edit the draft picks ot assign them to the correct team?
Path to Glory, No. Sandbox, Yes. You just need to be in Commissioner Mode, then Edit players.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Adam... In ootp series I know u can change teams affiliate clubs like move from team A to B without renaming them and such and under league structure and such just wondering for example..

When i get to July in my game i want to create 2 new expansion I'm bringing back the good old Peoria Riverman and putting them as Blues farm team and putting Chicago Wolves as Vegas aka match in real life... however do I have to rename the clubs or can i just switch them in the game?

also say i am playing in OHL can i still expand the NHL or do i have to be in the NHL to expand it?

Last edited by Sabres2000; 07-02-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Adam... In ootp series I know u can change teams affiliate clubs like move from team A to B without renaming them and such and under league structure and such just wondering for example..

When i get to July in my game i want to create 2 new expansion I'm bringing back the good old Peoria Riverman and putting them as Blues farm team and putting Chicago Wolves as Vegas aka match in real life... however do I have to rename the clubs or can i just switch them in the game?

also say i am playing in OHL can i still expand the NHL or do i have to be in the NHL to expand it?
Expansion is only for the NHL (or the top level league if you're playing Fictional).

You can't switch affiliates either, but you can rename them too.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #7
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Expansion is only for the NHL (or the top level league if you're playing Fictional).

You can't switch affiliates either, but you can rename them too.
I can add a GM on June 30th and then sim create the 2 NHL teams and then release him no?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
I can add a GM on June 30th and then sim create the 2 NHL teams and then release him no?
Yes? But you can only control one GM in a game at a time.