Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #21
madball
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
If you ever decide to join an online league in the future, I will need to join the same one as you ... I'm a fight fan myself and always sport tough, gritty teams. I don't think a Madball and BlackIce team matchup would be for the faint of heart my friend lol!

Good reads!

Haha, definitely.

Maybe then I'll be able to dress a true enforcer as one might be in the league finally

Thanks for reading!
madball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #22
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madball View Post
Haha, definitely.

Maybe then I'll be able to dress a true enforcer as one might be in the league finally

Thanks for reading!
Im in also :-) In my current game my 4-line is now Colton Orr - Zenon Konopka - Brian McGrattan. Love the fighting and physical game. Thats way i like better historical play. 80/90. That was great era.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #23
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Then its settled... Parker27, Madball and BlackIce all in the same online league!! =) lol What a barn burner for games it'll be.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #24
madball
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker27 View Post
Im in also :-) In my current game my 4-line is now Colton Orr - Zenon Konopka - Brian McGrattan. Love the fighting and physical game. Thats way i like better historical play. 80/90. That was great era.
I was doing that when I started playing FHM, but they simply weren't getting any fights (at one point Gratts had 4FMs in 2 seasons) so I had to readjust, at least I can still get players like Wolf, Roussel, Clifford, some fights.

(It's one thing I'll give EHM points over FHM for, is a better emphasis on fighting and enforcers).
Old 07-29-2014, 06:22 AM   #25
madball
Minors (Single A)

TOUGHNESS REPORT 16/17
Well, toughness is getting harder and harder to judge in the NHL. There are a lot of middleweight fighters still in the league, but the heavyweight fighter has pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird. The only true HW left in the league is Colton Orr, CMB, who's only seen 36GP in the last three seasons with TOR & CMB, he did not play a game in 14/15.
As for the rankings, PIT was far and away the toughest team this year, with VAN ranked a clear 2nd. Beyond that it became a little harder but the Top 5 looked like this:

PIT - Miller, Rinaldo, Lucic, Wolf, Virtanen, Morin
VAN - Carrier, Kassian, B.Ross, Clutterbuck(TL), Polak
PHI - McGinn, Simmonds, B. Schenn
BUF - C.Stewart, M.Foligno, Bennett, Tinordi
NAS - F.Girard, Diaby, Hendricks, Cowen

The Bottom 5 were as follows, with CHI, NYI, BOS once again being in the bottom. CGY with the loss of Kanzig (trade) and McGrattan (FA) is a first time addition with them and NYI having no noteable toughness in their roster.

TOR - Gauthier
BOS - Marchand
STL - Lindhom
CGY - None
NYI - None

The other teams are as follows, unranked.

CMB - Orr(TL), Dubinsky, L.Schenn, Boychuk
FLA - Gudbranson, Kantola(TL), J.Nolan(TL), Robak(TL)
MTL - C.Bishop, Thrower, Dietz, Beaulieu
NYR - Falk, Elie, McIlrath, Gaunce
EDM - Platzer, Edmundson, Nurse,Smid
NJD - Matteau, Baillie, Allen, Campbell(TL)
DAL - Dillon, Benn, Daley
ANA - Perry, Martin, Bouma
ARZ - Hubic, Kilstrom
CAR - J. Middleton, K.Lowe
CHI - Clendening, Backes
COL - McLeod, Johnson, Malone
DET - Gutwald, B.Smith
LA - K.MacDermid, N.Foligno
OTT - Kramer, Z.Smith, Lipon
SJS - Mirrisonn, Lander
TBL - T.Richard, Khaira
WAS - Latta, Siemens
WPG - Roussel, Kosmachuk
Old 07-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #26
madball
Minors (Single A)

15/16 OFF-SEASON UPDATE

Jun 27 - Linden Vey to PHI for Zac Rinaldo
Jul 3 - Anthony Camara, FA, signed $735k/3yr
Jul 4 - Jeremiah Addison, prospect signed $890k/3yr EL deal
Jul 5 - Connor Chatham, prospect, signed $705k/3yr EL deal
- rights to Maata to PHI for Samuel Morin
Jul 6 - Connor McDavid signed $925k/3yr EL deal
- rights to Lindholm, draft pick to BOS for Nick Ritchie
Jul 7 - Drouin re-sign $5.62M/5yrs
- Rights Marcus Petterson to MTL for Roland McKeown
Jul 12 - Roussel, Zlobin rights, draft pick to WPG for Jake Virtanen
Jul 23 - Downie, pick to DET for G Justin Paulic

16/17 PRE-SEASON UPDATE
The Pens had a reasonablt quiet off-season this year as the roster is pretty well set. A couple of moves were made for salary cap reasons (Roussel and Downie trades) but delivered a great prospect in Virtanen who although will start on the bottom-six, is a highly valued prospect. The abrasiveness that was lost in these trades was counter-acted by the addition of Zac Rinaldo earlier on. Rinaldo brings a higher tempo than those two players although less offensive capability.
Camara is another agitator brought into the organisation, however he will likely spend the season in WBS.
Several prospects were signed, but the most noteable was McDavid who will start on the 3rd line and 2nd PP this season.
Both Maatta and Lindholm were traded as RFA's after requesting big, unjustified raises. In return PIT got highly regarded d-man prospect S.Morin and fwd prospect N. Ritchie. Two players a little younger but with just as much upside.
GM Madball stated, "The cap pinch is starting to hit our team but we've managed to keep the roster intact for the most part and what we've lost, we've received some good replacement pieces for. My goal is the Stanley Cup this year definitely. We made it close last season and with that under our belt, this seasonshould be bigger and better."