Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
dmccleav
Bat Boy

Importing Draft Classes

I like to edit the draft classes and change the player names and rating ect.

How do I export what I have done and import it into a new game later so I don't have to keep recreating all the players?

I notice that I can export the draft to a CSV file but I don't know how to import it.
dmccleav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccleav View Post
I like to edit the draft classes and change the player names and rating ect.

How do I export what I have done and import it into a new game later so I don't have to keep recreating all the players?

I notice that I can export the draft to a CSV file but I don't know how to import it.
You can't import them that I know of, but I think there's a way around it. I've not tried this yet so it's up to you to figure it out.
Make a copy of the master.csv first.
Add the players and your edits to the master.csv and assign them lahman or bbrefids and player ids...I'd start the player ids at 50000 to insure not to have any duplicate ids.
At the same time copy the players lahman or bbref ids and the year to a text file like this:
aardsda01,2009
aaronha01,1959
abreubo01,2000
adamsba01,1920
Save the master.csv.
Save the .txt file to your stats folder or any folder you want.
Now set up your draft to be from the free agent pool.
Using the historical player import feature, set the option to import from your text file and send the players directly to the free agent pool,
Since you set your draft to come from the free agent pool..your edited players should be drafted..
Again, I've not tried it, but using my limited common sense and the way ootp works, it should work.
Maybe some others with more knowledge than I will post their thoughts as to whether this will work or not..
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Big rod is right on with that, I've done it

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #4
dmccleav
Bat Boy

I've tried to do what you recommended but it is not working for me. Help me figure it out.

Lets say I want to just import a historical player into the draft, how do I do that? This is what I would do, correct me where I'm wrong:

1) Click the historical import function while in the draft pool
2) Select the Master.csv file
3) Enter the players lahman id
4) enter a season in which the player played (eg. 1986)
5) Click import

It doesn't allow me to do this. I keep getting an import failed message. If I can figure out how to import a historical player into the draft pool, I can probably figure out how to import a created player.

Please Help!
dmccleav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Your steps are correct as far as importing historical players are concerned, but it's hard to tell what's going wrong with your info, so I can only guess.
Were you in Commish mode??
Did you have the master.csv open in excel when attempting to import? Close it before you try to import.
Was the player you tried to import already existing in the Master.csv or was he one you added??
Check the player to make sure his info is correct..Use the global search on the top left. Type in a players last name, whole name, etc. and hit enter. If ootp can't find that player, then something is wrong in the Master.csv. If ootp finds him, then click his name to bring up his profile screen and click editor. Compare the lahman id with the one you entered when trying to import. Lahman ids are usually the first 5 letters of last name+first 2 letters of first name+number (01,02,03,etc.). Also check the years he played to make sure the year you entered fell within his playing career.
Can't think of anything else at the moment.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Did you try and copy and paste? If so, there is a space there, you need to backspace to the last character and they will import

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote