Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #221
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik W. View Post
I'm not 100% sure, because they don't really talk about that stuff, but I think you're wrong with that assumption.

Out of the Park Baseball: Contact

They're both listed equally as managing directors of the company.
I'd always understood that Andreas and Markus were co-owners of OOTP Developments. I'm not 100% certain of that though.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #222
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Very well said Bru. I'm still waiting for that public apology from Andreas to Wolf.

I think I'm going to report Andreas for trolling. Just maybe that will get his attention that he needs to correct himself (but don't worry, I'm not going to hold my breath to that).
Well, Andreas has brought so much entertainment into my life with OOTPB that I, for one, would cut him slack as well. I was just a bit taken aback, that's all. No one should be singled out for expressing an opinion unless a forum rule was breached, and none was by Mr. Wolf at all. Even if that were true, I think somebody mentioned a while back in this thread that a simple exchange of PMs would have been more appropriate. Somehow, I think Andreas realizes that now.

- Bru

Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #223
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Who says? You?

If he wants to follow them that is great. If he doesn't want to follow them who is going to warn him? Its "their" forum and I think they are allowed to use it how they would like. I don't think it is a battle you can win so I would just let it go.
I say. Because it is common courtesy. The rest of your post is true. However, and especially since it is "their" forum, they above all should lead by example.

- Bru

Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #224
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Remember this thread the next time someone goes all "holier than thou" over OTD.

I used to scoff at conspiracy theories about remote mind control. My scoff meter is now out for calibration.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #225
Erik W.
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I'd always understood that Andreas and Markus were co-owners of OOTP Developments. I'm not 100% certain of that though.
That is my understanding as well, but I'm not going to correct someone without the weight of facts behind me, and the impressum listing them both as managing directors is the best I can do without deep-diving into German company records.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #226
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
You may be right. In the end, I think a lot of interesting things were discussed in this thread. I have a much clearer view of how storylines work and a huge hope that they live up to their potential.

I love this forum, but wouldn't want to be in charge of it. That being said, it's very well run and for the most part very well behaved. Sure we end up in some spats, but heck sometimes it gets cramped in the dugout.
Yeah, there were a lot of good and interesting things said here. I like having storylines and hope like you that they do live up to their potential. As some have said, the SL's are a work in progress. If some don't think they are worth using right now, I'm okay with that. On the other hand, if others wish to use them as they are, I;m okay with that too. I just want everyone to be happy with OOTP. Turn on or off whatever will make your game the most enjoyable.

As for the forums, I wouldn't want to be in charge of it either. I do like how they are run and how most behave. It is unfortunate that sometimes we end up with some spats but that's to be expected.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #227
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Markus and I founded OOTP Developments together in 2003 (10 years ago now, wow) and each of us has full permission to represent the company alone.
I started this thread on my own and I don't even know if Markus saw it yet.

The problem with exchanging PMs with Mr. Wolf is that it wouldn't change his behaviour at all. It would even motivate him, I guess

The Wolf
Sig: "It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be."

So there's one hero and a lot of sheeps or what? The wolf is always right and the others are idiots. Thank you

Dear forum users, please accept my apologies for starting a thread about the misbehaviour of another forum user.

Mr. Wolf and the others who are so high on the users' ignore list (which I check frequently): please think twice before you hijack a discussion about game features, suggestions or bugs.

Please forgive me that I close the thread now, I feel it's all said. If something's missing, send me a PM and I'll add it here.

Thank you all!
Closed Thread