Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Talking OOTP 13 & iOOTP 2012 release dates announced!

Hey guys,

we've just announced the release dates of both our upcoming games, OOTP 13 for PC/Mac/Linux and iOOTP 2012 for iOS (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad).

OOTP 13 will be released April 9th. Those who have preordered, will get it April 6th! So, if you haven't preordered yet, do it now. You will get the best OOTP ever, I am 100% sure about that.

iOOTP 2012 will be available in the AppStore on April 5th!

Please see here for details:
OOTP Baseball 13 and iOOTP 2012 Release Dates Announced

OOTP 13 Road to Release articles will be published soon as well, along with new screenshots.

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-13-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
texasmame
All Star Starter

Damn, Markus!

Bump the pre-release back a day, the BoSox open on the 5th!

Seriously, great to have it so early in the season. Thank you, sir!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I would like to congratulate the team for making the opening day release date! Hopefully this will allow for the game to be completely polished by the all-star break, and then will enable Markus to take a much deserved vacation!

Cheers guys!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Goodsox
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I would like to congratulate the team for making the opening day release date! Hopefully this will allow for the game to be completely polished by the all-star break, and then will enable Markus to take a much deserved vacation!

Cheers guys!
Yes! Markus, Andreas, and their team have been working their tails off on this version. Kudos to all of them!

Go White Sox!
Goodsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

This may be the biggest thing since sliced bread in terms of adding interest to this game:

Quote:
Interactive Storylines also offer greater immersion by giving you choices when situations arise. Do you punish a star player who behaves badly or do you ignore his antics? No two decisions are ever alike, and they have wide-ranging effects on injuries, fan interest, team chemistry, player morale, player ratings, player potential, owner attitudes, and much more.
The last such immersion-enhancing feature to be added with this impact . . . FaceGen perhaps?
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

sabby787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post

Cheers guys!
It will be "completely polished" after patch 2, which should arrive late April I guess

Again, there is no way a product as complex as OOTP can be released without any bugs at all. But we'll do our best to fix all reported problems as soon as we can, just like we did all previous years. We support the game all year long, and we take pride in this approach. There are not many software companies out there that care as much as we do!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
mike2228
Major Leagues

I'm pretty pumped about the new pitching model.
mike2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We support the game all year long, and we take pride in this approach. There are not many software companies out there that care as much as we do!
One of the main reasons I havn't missed a version since I discovered the game. You stand behind your work and support it and help with any issues.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Great, long holiday week-end from April 6 - 9 in Germany ... perfect for really getting deep into OOTP13

Wait, we'll leave April 6 for a week-end vacation - I don't think I can convince my wife to cancel it because of, well, important matters

Okay, I'll check after the week-end what you guys did over the week-end
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

I HAVE SPRING BREAK FROM THE 6th UNTIL THE 19th HELL YEAH!!!!!!
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Exodor
Major Leagues

I have to fly cross country on April 8.

A new iOOTP on the iPad should make the flight much easier to take.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
jmount78
Major Leagues

I have only been playing OOTP since December 2011 and can't wait for OOTP 2013! This wait for April the 6th is making me as impatient as a kid on Christmas Eve!

For future reference, I will sacrifice my time to become a Beta tester. Please know that I volunteer for this knowing that it is a selfless act
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

All I have to say is, "Thanks Markus!"
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #15
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Absolutely perfect timing. April 6th is Good Friday, and I always take off from work on Good Friday. Not because I'm particularly religious, mind you. It's just a nice excuse to take a day off.

What can be better than having a three day weekend to become acquainted with the latest & greatest version of OOTP?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #16
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

I'm sorry if this isn't the right area to ask this, please move it to the necessary area if it isn't (without hard feelings?)

In iOOTP12 are we capable of playing more than one season when we start the "regular season" mode for a current game. What I mean by that is if we choose to start in 2013 can we play through (random date) 2019? or is it just one season?

I get how it works with historical's but I am curious about how it is with regular 2013 start games and fictional leagues?

Thanks!
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
I'm sorry if this isn't the right area to ask this, please move it to the necessary area if it isn't (without hard feelings?)

In iOOTP12 are we capable of playing more than one season when we start the "regular season" mode for a current game. What I mean by that is if we choose to start in 2013 can we play through (random date) 2019? or is it just one season?

I get how it works with historical's but I am curious about how it is with regular 2013 start games and fictional leagues?

Thanks!
Not sure what you mean. There is no limit on seasons.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post

Thanks!
You can start with the 2012 season and then continue as many seasons as you want, no limit.

The same with fictional leagues with the new feature in iOOTP 2012 that you can select the start year which influences the stats and finances (so you can start a fictional league in a 1901 setting).
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You can start with the 2012 season and then continue as many seasons as you want, no limit.

The same with fictional leagues with the new feature in iOOTP 2012 that you can select the start year which influences the stats and finances (so you can start a fictional league in a 1901 setting).
Markus and Sebastian thank you for the response! I really appreciate it! I think I might purchase both products this year so I have something to do at work and during other meaningless moments of my life (now with meaning!)

Haha, sorry that sounded rather depressing.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #20
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Road-to-Release Questions

I have some questions about the first Road-to-Release...

1. Will the FaceGen pics be larger (hope so)?

2. You mentioned that "...every improvement is aimed at delivering on one important goal, making your OOTP experience the best that it can be." Will you be designing a simpler and more direct path to opening data in an external browser? More & more people are importing data into spreadsheets now, and this would improve their OOTP experience (does anyone open data as a report without then opening the same report into an external browser?). How bout a one-click procedure to do both at the same time.

3. Regarding the OOTP Ticker at the bottom of the screen; would it be possible to put a space between the team name and the score? There seems to be enough room.

All-in-all good job on the first Road-to-Release.