Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

United League: A Twist on Reality

EDIT: After running a few test runs I'm not super enthused about where this leads. It's a lot less history and a lot more fictional with the occasional historical figure mixed in. I will continue tweaking until I find the right balance. For now, this project is on hold

The set-up is simple:

* 1901 Historical League. Original cities, different team names (mainly to take advantage of cephasjames' uniforms, thanks btw)
* AAA, AA, A level minors. They only exist because I like handling minors and having stats to backup calling someone up. There's no playoffs for them and they end before call-ups.
* DH rule in both leagues. Just to add some blasphemy
* Modern free agency rules. Yikes
* 1901 settings. 4 man rotations, few relievers. This will change manually, not year to year. It may be 2439 before I decide to "modernize" this
* All leagues start April 1st. 140 games for majors, ending late August. 109 games for minors, ending late July. Trading deadline is July 15th. Call-ups are "August Call-ups". One round of playoffs (division winners), seven game series. No all-star game. Rookie draft two days before Christmas

A few OOTP settings:
* Fictional players fill out minors. They can enter major leagues and potentially screw up history
* Recalc is off. I don't want to know whose going to have a good season based on real life. Players will not retire or miss seasons to match real life either
* League evolution is off. I will manually handle any expansions, rule changes, etc. Again, I will change things when I feel the urge, not when history says so.
* I will play overlord until I find a team worth taking over (if at all)

I recently discovered the joys of historical play (even if I'm inserting a bit of fiction here) and I'm thrilled to start this league. I'm going to try and stay in character; if I feel the need to pause my league I'll type in crazy green font like this

Last edited by sabby787; 02-19-2012 at 09:44 AM.
sabby787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Baseball Commissioners Announce a unified United League

Back in 1871 the National Baseball League started something. In 1887 a new American Association was created. After thirteen years of inconsistency, strikes, and debate, presidents from both leagues formulated an idea: a unified baseball league. From that idea the United League is born. For the first time in history a sport will follow one global set of rules and crown a champion based on head to head play at the end of a season.

In an effort to keep the spirit of two separate leagues intact two sub leagues were created, appropriately named the National League and the American League. Eight teams per league will battle out a 140 game season against each other with the top teams from each league playing each other in a seven game championship series.

A players union was created to help protect the interests of it's players. Contract rules were created with representatives from all parties to create a unique system of payment. Players will be drafted from high school or college and added to one of the three minor league affiliations of the ballclub. Once that player has reached the majors he is under team control for three seasons. At that point a team must pay him his value based on the rest of the league for three additional season. After six years, that player is free to sign a contract with any team from either sub league. Minor league rules are still being hammered out to insure no team stacks up on potential prospects.

The newly crowned commissioner of the United League, former president of the stronger National League Nicholas E. Young, has told us that players previous career statistics in any professional level baseball league will be honored in this league and service time will be used to hand out the initial contracts to players. Young also mentioned teams histories will not be honored, so any championships and accolades will be ignored in the history books.

This certainly sounds like a groundbreaking idea. Will the professional future of this interesting sport be saved with such organization? Time will tell...
Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
sabby787
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Teams Overview
Attached Images

Last edited by sabby787; 02-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.