Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 10-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #61
macgufo
Bat Boy

Thanked 5x in 3 posts
Any hope in future to have a PT played by only with retired players cards ?
I like the idea to mix old and present players.
But what about to have two others different environments (or leagues), one only for present players and one only for great past players ?

Another question: cards will be exchanged-traded ?

Last edited by macgufo; 10-26-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: typing error
macgufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #62
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,951x in 3,872 posts
There will be tournaments in the future, and it is probable that one category will be historical cards only.

I don't think there will be any facility to trade or exchange cards, but you can buy and sell on the auction house.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
macgufo (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #63
RCGG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Fair, but it is surely far from the first entertainment product that slips past its intentionally vague initial release date.

...although over here we had 24°C / 75°F as recently as last week.
Its game 3 of the World Series tonight, if you run a baseball simulation game like OOTP, launching Perfect team at any point past this series its post season, nobody cares a ton about baseball again until March/April baseball is over and its Hockey/Basketball/NFL season depending on your tastes.

I will consider this a failure, it was advertised as a mode for this game, coming this summer. This game doesn't do online game modes very well its a serious issue that someone who casually picks up this game has a lot of hoops to jump through to play online versus other players. You could claim that its not their market, but they advertise it, they advertise it and they need to be responsible with their time frames.

I am lucky enough to be computer savvy so the technical part of getting this game to run online isn't difficult for myself, but even the navigation in the game itself isn't intuitive at the moment.
RCGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #64
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGG View Post
nobody cares a ton about baseball again until March/April baseball is over and its Hockey/Basketball/NFL season depending on your tastes.
I'm sorry, but you don't speak for everyone. I don't care at all about football, basketball, or hockey. This is the baseball offseason for me. I am pumped for this game because it will keep me connected to baseball during the long cold winter.

I am not the only one either... Rogers Hornsby agreed with me. "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Well, now he would have Perfect Team to fill the void. Too late for him, but not for the rest of us.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
10 thanks for this post:
Len1950 (12-01-2018), mitchkenn (10-26-2018), pgjocki (10-26-2018), sansterre (10-26-2018), sentry85 (11-10-2018), tcblcommish (10-29-2018), warneke (02-08-2019), Westheim (10-26-2018), Will_L (11-26-2018), Yarideki (10-29-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #65
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,185x in 759 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I'm sorry, but you don't speak for everyone. I don't care at all about football, basketball, or hockey. This is the baseball offseason for me. I am pumped for this game because it will keep me connected to baseball during the long cold winter.

I am not the only one either... Rogers Hornsby agreed with me. "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Well, now he would have Perfect Team to fill the void. Too late for him, but not for the rest of us.
well i do sort of follow pro-basketball, watch a bit of pro-football when no baseball shows or basketball games are on, but i play OOTP all year round. i follow the trade market and Free agents in the off-season. It's a different type of baseball following than watching the standings, but it's a real following. and my playing OOTP doesn't slow a bit in the "off-season". maybe that's because i've created my own baseball world. right now, i am still on the fence as to how much PT i'll actually play. Pretty certain i'll give it a test drive. But, i agree with Orcin that RCGG doesn't speak for all.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 10-26-2018 at 07:17 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #66
SayHey1
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 70x in 35 posts
Well, I've been waiting patiently for Perfect Team as well since April when I bought OOTP19....my first foray into this series. I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed in the slowness of the launch. I'm just hoping that they don't disappoint yet again in their Open Beta launch prediction of Halloween....

p.s. Other gaming companies disappointing is a poor excuse for missing deadlines. in fact, it should be giving them pause about setting expectations too high.
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:31 PM   #67
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I remember Blizzard saying "it will be ready when it's ready" in response to complaints about delays for Diablo II in 1999. Sliding delivery dates is hardly a new thing in the gaming industry. Ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever? I believe that one was 12 years late. It's not an excuse; it is better to have a solid game late than a disaster launch. It's just smart business.

Last edited by Orcin; 10-26-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: my bad, it was Diablo II, not I... late by 9 months
Thank you for this post:
pgjocki (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #68
SayHey1
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 70x in 35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I remember Blizzard saying "it will be ready when it's ready" in response to complaints about delays for Diablo (I) in 1999. Sliding delivery dates is hardly a new thing in the gaming industry. Ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever? I believe that one was 12 years late. It's not an excuse; it is better to have a solid game late than a disaster launch. It's just smart business.
It's never smart business to disappoint customers. Poor launches are but one way to do so.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:24 PM   #69
One Post Wonder
Major Leagues

Thanked 254x in 137 posts
Regardless of anyone's opinion on deadlines, this feature in particular is different because it has a time limit. Perfect team for OOTP19 will become virtually useless when OOTP20 comes out. If it's not out in a month then it would hardly be worth putting it out at all.

IMO it would be more attractive if different versions of OOTP could access the same Perfect Team game. MP games are all about the size of the playerbase. If it was accessible across versions, you'd maintain a much bigger playerbase.

On a related note, will this be worth playing if you don't buy OOTP when it first hits the shelves? If there is no development/aging algorithm and the game doesn't carry over to the next version, then people buying in October would have no chance of fielding a competitive team.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #70
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,774x in 6,161 posts
If all goes well, we will launch the public beta next week. Sure, we wanted to have it done sooner, but PT is a totally new thing technology-wise, so things took longer than expected. Nothing we can do about it now
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
damonrusst (10-27-2018), Hkim (10-28-2018), sansterre (10-27-2018), SF_49er (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #71
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,185x in 759 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Regardless of anyone's opinion on deadlines, this feature in particular is different because it has a time limit. Perfect team for OOTP19 will become virtually useless when OOTP20 comes out. If it's not out in a month then it would hardly be worth putting it out at all.

in the first post of this thread, Markus addressed this:
"Q: Will your team reset in OOTP 20, or can you carry it over from version to version?
A: With each new major release, a brand new Perfect Team universe for that version will start, it would technically be impossible to play in OOTP 20's Perfect Team with OOTP 19 or carry your team over. However, previous version's Perfect Team worlds will remain active for several years, so we won't shut down OOTP 19's Perfect Team once OOTP 20 launches."

so if you get a team together in 19, it'll be able to be played for quite a while, so it wouldn't be useless. i suspect a lot of people will be playing the 19 version, even after 20 is released, since some people wait for All-Star or WS sales before buying new versions.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Markus Heinsohn (10-29-2018), One Post Wonder (10-30-2018), pgjocki (10-28-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #72
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 27x in 19 posts
I remember reading somewhere that leagues would try to group friends? Like steam friends or will there be friend system implemented with Perfect Team?
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #73
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,774x in 6,161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
I remember reading somewhere that leagues would try to group friends? Like steam friends or will there be friend system implemented with Perfect Team?
Yes, there will be a friends function. When you have tagged other managers as friends, the next time new leagues are formed (after a complete simulation cycle, which takes 7 days) the server tries to put you in a league together with as many friends as possible.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
SayHey1 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #74
benjiguigui
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Do we need to do something special to participate in th open beta or we can play directly in the game?
benjiguigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #75
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,820x in 4,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiguigui View Post
Do we need to do something special to participate in th open beta or we can play directly in the game?
You'll need to download the patch and create an account if you don't already have a Challenge Mode account. If you do, you can just use that account.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #76
SayHey1
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 70x in 35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
You'll need to download the patch and create an account if you don't already have a Challenge Mode account. If you do, you can just use that account.

Is the patch available for auto download through Steam?

Last edited by SayHey1; 10-29-2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 10-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #77
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,820x in 4,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Is the patch available for auto download through Steam?
It will be once we release it, yes.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #78
gstrat
Bat Boy

Thanked 11x in 6 posts
Since everyone is getting a starter pack what is the quality of these players that we start with? All bronze or will we have a chance to get a couple silver players?
gstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:32 PM   #79
One Post Wonder
Major Leagues

Thanked 254x in 137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
in the first post of this thread, Markus addressed this:
"Q: Will your team reset in OOTP 20, or can you carry it over from version to version?
A: With each new major release, a brand new Perfect Team universe for that version will start, it would technically be impossible to play in OOTP 20's Perfect Team with OOTP 19 or carry your team over. However, previous version's Perfect Team worlds will remain active for several years, so we won't shut down OOTP 19's Perfect Team once OOTP 20 launches."

so if you get a team together in 19, it'll be able to be played for quite a while, so it wouldn't be useless. i suspect a lot of people will be playing the 19 version, even after 20 is released, since some people wait for All-Star or WS sales before buying new versions.
Well, don't I look dumb. I read the 'technically impossible' part of that when checking out the FAQ for the first time, and must have stopped paying attention afterwards.

In that case, there's really nothing to lose by putting a little time into a Perfect Team. Cheers!
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #80
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 182x in 95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrat View Post
Since everyone is getting a starter pack what is the quality of these players that we start with? All bronze or will we have a chance to get a couple silver players?
I don't recall the exact breakdown, but I believe the six starter packs are supposed to include a certain number of silver/gold cards so that everyone starts on roughly the same footing. I don't think you can pull a Diamond or a Perfect from your starter packs, for example. Markus or someone can give more detail, but the basic answer is that you should have a few different higher rarity cards, not just all standard/bronze.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote