Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
thomascmiller2346
Bat Boy

Help, Team name changed

What are some collections that can be done quickly to offer the best rewards? Trying to build my team and get out of gold but cant get consistent.

I had to change my team name and it was reported (according to one user, and when they reported it I never got an email or warning, so nice work to whoever it was) I saw nothing in the terms of service so what was the issue?

For the normal people any help with some game tips would be appreciated
Attached Images
Old 10-13-2019, 09:55 PM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Look up the definition of crass. I didn't report you but I assume you have some modicum of class so it shouldn't be too hard to discern.

Old 10-13-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
thomascmiller2346
Bat Boy

I shouldn't have to defend a team name for a fictional video game, I have a friend who is an Ohio State fan, the name is an inside joke between me and a buddy. Also an adult who doesn't get bent out of shape when he sees a swear word. And if it does offend him or me we remember they are words not bullets nor directed at any of us. This is ridiculous
Old 10-14-2019, 12:20 AM   #4
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Words have weight, and words have consequences. Decorum and civility are at the forefront here, and valued highly. It's the very reason that we can all come here and coexist in peace. My suggestion—accept what happened and move on. I've been cautioned by my peers before in my 13 seasons here, and have changed some of my ways and am better for it.

By the way, while I'm not the one who did it, I agree with them. It's not appropriate.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:31 AM   #5
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Some collections that aren't too tough and could pay dividends for you...

LIVE Tigers (reward is Harry Heilmann)
LIVE A's (reward is Eddie Plank)
LIVE Phillies (reward is Lenny Dykstra)

It really depends on how much time and PP you're willing to invest, and what your strategy is going to be. Generally the collections that offer the best rewards have been designed to not also be the easiest to complete. And the auction house market reinforces this by making good missions expensive to complete.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:41 AM   #6
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Words have weight, and words have consequences. Decorum and civility are at the forefront here, and valued highly. It's the very reason that we can all come here and coexist in peace. My suggestion—accept what happened and move on. I've been cautioned by my peers before in my 13 seasons here, and have changed some of my ways and am better for it.

By the way, while I'm not the one who did it, I agree with them. It's not appropriate.
Words have weight, and words have consequences.

And yet, I'm told it doesn't matter when members of this community call me a cheater and a dirty tanker. Only the opinions of the devs matter. And yet, in spite of the multiple reports and subsequent inaction of the devs and admins, we're told that the name itself is worthy of condemnation.

This community is full of hypocrites who demand the game be played according to their delicate sensibilities.
We are all, all of us, really really really terrible people.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Old 10-14-2019, 01:56 AM   #7
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Words have weight, and words have consequences.

And yet, I'm told it doesn't matter when members of this community call me a cheater and a dirty tanker. Only the opinions of the devs matter. And yet, in spite of the multiple reports and subsequent inaction of the devs and admins, we're told that the name itself is worthy of condemnation.

This community is full of hypocrites who demand the game be played according to their delicate sensibilities.
We are all, all of us, really really really terrible people.
This person is making a personal request to the community for teambuilding advice. Nobody here is obligated to help. Nobody here is asking for him to be banned from PT either, it's just that crassness isn't something that goes over well in this community and that turns off a segment of the posters from wanting to freely offer hard-earned teambuilding strategies. Not offering advice doesn't mean anyone is forcing him to play the game a certain way, and I have no idea how you could possibly come to that conclusion.

In fact, people don't even need a good reason not to offer advice. It could be that they didn't like Michigan (Go Gophers), or they didn't like teams that started with the letter A, or that they were busy and decided it wasn't worth the time. Personally, I'm of the opinion that good teambuilding advice is the one competitive advantage I have as a FTP player, so I'm only going to offer it to people I like.

To conflate that with the ongoing discussion that players have with the devs about tanking-- a mechanical problem that affects the gameplay experience of players here-- is just being willfully obtuse. The issues are not even remotely similar.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 10-14-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:07 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascmiller2346 View Post
I shouldn't have to defend a team name for a fictional video game, I have a friend who is an Ohio State fan, the name is an inside joke between me and a buddy. Also an adult who doesn't get bent out of shape when he sees a swear word. And if it does offend him or me we remember they are words not bullets nor directed at any of us. This is ridiculous
Well, apparently it got reported multiple times, and our admins thought the name was inappropriate, too, it's as simple as that. Different perceptions it seems, that's life.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:42 AM   #9
thomascmiller2346
Bat Boy

For the love of everything holy this is insane, I have seen some haneous team names in leagues and I never blinked an eye, that one screen shot of one persons (mine) team name isn't be broadcast to every kindergarten in the country. I have never heard the term "crass" used so many times in such a short amount of time. It seems some people want a reason to make themselves feel better about themselves. Sorry I asked for advice on a game i have no idea how to play, sorry i used a team name that some dont like. Get over yourselves, and if it got reported multiple times it fell on deaf ears because i heard nothing. so clearly the powers that be didnt think it was crass either.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:13 AM   #10
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

My 7-year-old son plays this game (with my supervision). If the Ann Arbor A-Holes had popped up in his league, I’d have reported you, too.

Little piece of unsolicited advice: take to seconds to think “is there another way to get my point across?” There probably is. Don’t like Michigan? Fine. Neither do I. But you don’t need to be blunt or in your face about it in a worldwide game made up of players from many different ages and backgrounds.

And honestly, if you had actually called your team the “Ann Arbor A-Holes” and not used the full word, I probably wouldn’t even have given it a second thought.

Just remember, what you choose to use as your team name says a lot more about you than what it people choose to report says about them.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-14-2019, 04:35 AM   #11
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

grrr... now my donkey is offended.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:57 AM   #12
thomascmiller2346
Bat Boy

Remember also that YOU allow your son to play this game, and because you feel he can it is not up to the rest of the world to censor ourselves to for your kid. He hears the word asshole, he hears it on the playground, he sees it on TV. If you are gonna report everything in life that has a cuss word or doesn't fall into what you consider acceptable you better pack a lunch. Get over yourself
Old 10-14-2019, 04:59 AM   #13
thomascmiller2346
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
grrr... now my donkey is offended.

lol exactly. It's insane this is an issue, the mods and develops care so much not one issued me a warning, or asked me to change it. I don't believe for one second anyone has a 7 year old playing this game.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:07 AM   #14
thomascmiller2346
Bat Boy

Whippets and tobacco in team names, better report them. not safe for someones 7 year old......
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2019, 05:36 AM   #15
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

This is gonna be one hell of a "mine is longer" thread…...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, apparently it got reported multiple times, and our admins thought the name was inappropriate, too, it's as simple as that. Different perceptions it seems, that's life.
End of discussion.
Closed Thread