Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
LeeDorm8185
Minors (Double A)

So is there going to be a “final” patch?

Not trying to be a jackass or anything, just want to know b/c I just bought a new laptop and don’t want to download anything I don’t really need. Plus we are into postseason now, and I’ll admit I haven’t played OOTP much during the season but I’ll be doing more once my beloved Dodgers either flame out again or cross over into the Elysian Fields. Gotta have something to carry you over until spring training.
LeeDorm8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:13 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I'm itching to move my leagues to OOTP20, too.
I always wait until the final patch before transferring my leagues... I want the game to be as good as it is going to get before converting.

In the past they have pretty much always issued the last patch in July.
They are running a little late this year.

Hopefully it will be soon.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

What is it that's still not working that needs another patch?

You bought a new laptop but don't want to download anything. Well, if they release a patch, I guess you'll download it, and if they don't, then you won't.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 10-06-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'll have another patch out for when we launch tournaments. It does have more than a handful of non-PT related fixes as well, but no large changes. Mostly simple bug fixes, or rare crash fixes.

But when you install a patch, it simply replaces the previous install and is fully save game compatible, so other than download size should be no issue with downloading it when it comes out for games in progress.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We'll have another patch out for when we launch tournaments. It does have more than a handful of non-PT related fixes as well, but no large changes. Mostly simple bug fixes, or rare crash fixes.

But when you install a patch, it simply replaces the previous install and is fully save game compatible, so other than download size should be no issue with downloading it when it comes out for games in progress.
For a file this large a file, I use a download manager like this one:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...d_manager.html

I was getting about 20-25 mb/s with it yesterday. Without it, I might hit 5 if I'm lucky. Helps with the first world problem of aggravation re: slow download speeds in today's evermore impatient world.

One further question...How do I get it to download without overwriting the files in my facegen folder/other folders? Having to go over them with a fine tooth comb in order to replace overwritten files with the ones I want in there is indeed aggravating. Is it a matter of using advanced options, or is there some other trick to it? Thanks in advance.

I suppose a .zip file would do the trick, but with 35,000+ facegens (historical games will do that to you), that can also be a royal PITA.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

Last edited by actionjackson; 10-06-2019 at 02:35 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Isn't there still issues with animations? i'm wondering if that is going to be looked into. It doesn't bother me too much however i know people are hoping for improvement.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
mars001
All Star Reserve

If I recall... In a previous post, the dev team commented that there will be some fixes for the main issues with animations. I think fielders holding the ball, is one of them. I really hope so, as this is my only real complaint with the game at the moment.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:12 AM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
For a file this large a file, I use a download manager like this one:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...d_manager.html

I was getting about 20-25 mb/s with it yesterday. Without it, I might hit 5 if I'm lucky. Helps with the first world problem of aggravation re: slow download speeds in today's evermore impatient world.

One further question...How do I get it to download without overwriting the files in my facegen folder/other folders? Having to go over them with a fine tooth comb in order to replace overwritten files with the ones I want in there is indeed aggravating. Is it a matter of using advanced options, or is there some other trick to it? Thanks in advance.

I suppose a .zip file would do the trick, but with 35,000+ facegens (historical games will do that to you), that can also be a royal PITA.
Keep a backup of your FG folder somewhere else and swap it out when you install a patch. As someone that makes FG files and not under the firstname_lastname naming conversion. Installing an update can really mess me up. So when I see a new update, I make a copy of the FG folder on my desktop while installing the update
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #9
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Keep a backup of your FG folder somewhere else and swap it out when you install a patch. As someone that makes FG files and not under the firstname_lastname naming conversion. Installing an update can really mess me up. So when I see a new update, I make a copy of the FG folder on my desktop while installing the update

Thanks qc. Figured it out between the post and now. I'll just name the one I'm still working on "fg_files4" (already have a 2 and a 3) temporarily, and then delete the one that comes with the download, and rename the one I want to keep back to "fg_files". Thanks for taking the time to answer.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
What is it that's still not working that needs another patch?

You bought a new laptop but don't want to download anything. Well, if they release a patch, I guess you'll download it, and if they don't, then you won't.
heaven forbid anyone do anything slightly diffrently than what most people do.. or have an unique preference that is totally their prerogative. they'd just be weird and clearly no reason to to so, since you don't see it from the same angle as them. solid logic

the point is to download when the last patch is done, so you don't have to deal with re-installing and all the customized files involved etc etc and to avoid the problems as they are fixed. perfectly reasonable, not that being reasonable is required for such an arbitrary thing like a preference related to video games, lol.

he's not asking to pester. he's simply curious if the patch process is done. he's not the typical person asking when the next patch is due to some lack of impulse control.

aren't you the one who got upset i answered somethign you had answered seconds to minutes before i clicked reply and got your whitey-tighties all in a bunch? i mean your reply at that time wasn't even visible when i clicked reply and got all upset over nothing.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote