Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
DonTony
Bat Boy

League Suggestion: Send Violators To The 'Cellar'

So I just read this thread http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298102 and thought of an idea.

We have all seen teams intentionally tank, use position players for their entire rotation, and more zany nonsense. So I came up with this and forgive me if anyone else previously thought of this too.

We have a Bronze to Perfect League. Why not create a 'Cellar' League? Anyone who violates game play like this don't get removed. Instead, they get sent to the Cellar League. This way they can still play. (remember they paid for the game too). But everyone in the league can do any nonsense they want for fun. No PP rewards, no goals, nothing. And when they finally take it seriously, they can start over at Bronze.

Reminds me of the Escape From New York Movie but for PT players

Last edited by DonTony; 01-27-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Wouldn't the entry pool be a suitable "cellar"? Who cares if teams take advantage of them there?
Old 01-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
DonTony
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Wouldn't the entry pool be a suitable "cellar"? Who cares if teams take advantage of them there?
I thought of that. Problem is, you'd then have people legit trying to advance vs those playing like jokers. It would overinflate the serious teams beating up junk teams 16-1 and generating loads of PP. The Cellar league would be nothing but violators and generate zero PP.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Though I don't mind a league for people that want to do crazy things (as long as no PP is earned), there is at least one thing that would cause issues in my mind. If someone "wanted" to go there, they would have to do crazy enough things that it could have a detrimental effect in a good league before being reported and being relegated to a cellar league. Maybe they could have an opt out button where they request to be in the cellar before they do crazy things. But ultimately, breaking the TOS and having the threat of banning should have some teeth in it, otherwise it's a slap on the wrist and could promote the breaking of TOS.

Maybe there is way, but it may create more problems than it solves.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTony View Post
So I just read this thread http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298102 and thought of an idea.

We have all seen teams intentionally tank, use position players for their entire rotation, and more zany nonsense. So I came up with this and forgive me if anyone else previously thought of this too.

We have a Bronze to Perfect League. Why not create a 'Cellar' League? Anyone who violates game play like this don't get removed. Instead, they get sent to the Cellar League. This way they can still play. (remember they paid for the game too). But everyone in the league can do any nonsense they want for fun. No PP rewards, no goals, nothing. And when they finally take it seriously, they can start over at Bronze.

Reminds me of the Escape From New York Movie but for PT players
When a player cheats, he/she does not deserve to play whether or not they spent a million dollars. A cheater receives no mercy or compassion from me... ever. A murderer cheats someone of their life: a rapist cheats someone of their physical and emotion health: a thief cheats someone of their money/valuables, I could go on but I will just say cheaters are the slime of the earth.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:30 PM   #6
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I could go on but I will just say cheaters are the slime of the earth.
… but how do you really feel.

It never ceases to amaze me how cheaply people will sell themselves.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:52 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Whats the point of tanking in PT? i thought the better you play the more PP you earn? I'm always trying to better my team, I've made the playoffs twice. Although i was lucky one year. Made the championship series one season, although i have no clue what I did. i'm guessing i lost since i did not get a ton of PP.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Anyone who gets banned simply gets removed from the system entirely after the next promotion / relegation. That's the best solution.
Closed Thread