Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Skeptical of Perfect Team at first, now I'm a HUGE fan!

Not going to lie, when Perfect Team was first rolled out last year, I was a bit skeptical. I preferred to play OOTP the way I had always played it and thought at first that Perfect Team might be taking something away from it. I am happy to admit that any skepticism I had was proved unwarranted when on New Year's I FINALLY decided to jump into the fray and create my team.

It has been so much fun playing the game and what I enjoy the most is the historical players that I remember when I was a kid or guys that I never even heard of like Fred Newman from the 1964 Angels who has turned into a beast for my pitching staff. I wanted Kerry Wood and still do, but Wilbur Wood has been an unexpected star of my rotation. And sometimes I get packs that are "duds", but then there are the pleasant surprises which yield "studs".

At first, I was buying at least several bronze packs and gold packs in a week, but I have cut back to saving my points and using the gold packs sparingly and it has paid off. I think a lot of times we focus on the stars and big names, but often it is the lesser-known players who help your team win. My team is the Gators named after my high school team and our first year we went 80-82. The second year we went 104-58 and made the playoffs and this year we're on track to make the playoffs again. I usually try to keep my roster at a maximum of 40 players. The first year I was trying to figure out the game and it was a year of transition and adjustment, but if you practice and get more packs you will get better the more you play.

My biggest star is one-year wonder Mark Prior from 2003. Prior is a 96 and he has been an absolute stud for my pitching staff. I love playing Perfect Team and if you haven't played it yet, you really should. It is so much fun and I can't wait for the future of this game!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-28-2019 at 06:52 AM.
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I agree although it has become a huge money sink although that’s my own doing....very fun game.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I think you have a typo in your title and it should be now instead of not.

I'll admit I'm in the same boat as you when it was announced, but having a great time. Good luck!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

I’m absolutely addicted.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #5
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I think you have a typo in your title and it should be now instead of not.

I'll admit I'm in the same boat as you when it was announced, but having a great time. Good luck!
Indeed, you are correct. It should read "now" instead of "not".
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:53 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubeBaker View Post
Indeed, you are correct. It should read "now" instead of "not".
Fixed that for you Glad you're having fun!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote