Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

P410 (Season 8)

Welcome to 2026! My son, CrazyWR, and I run the Lake Monroe Doctrine. We are very happy to find ourselves in a full league, after last season's playoff clusterf*** that scrambled the playoffs in our 22-team league. Wildcard teams got byes, teams had to play teams from the other conference prior to the WS, and the two teams with the best records in each conference, of which we were one, had to face off in the division series. The developers claim to have fixed that bug, albeit too late to help us.

We hope to play as well this season. Good luck, all!
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
Kumar
Minors (Single A)

Hello! San Diego Toros here! Looks like it'll be another tough season for me! Got rocked last season (my first season in Perfect) and my division has a few tough teams in it again this year!

Best of luck to you guys
Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
Welcome to 2026! My son, CrazyWR, and I run the Lake Monroe Doctrine. We are very happy to find ourselves in a full league, after last season's playoff clusterf*** that scrambled the playoffs in our 22-team league. Wildcard teams got byes, teams had to play teams from the other conference prior to the WS, and the two teams with the best records in each conference, of which we were one, had to face off in the division series. The developers claim to have fixed that bug, albeit too late to help us.

We hope to play as well this season. Good luck, all!
Good luck to the Doctrine this season. Hope all goes well for you.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #4
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

IB Breakers checking in. I see a few familiar opponents in our league. Look forward to another week of baseball with everyone! Best of luck to all!
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
IB Breakers checking in. I see a few familiar opponents in our league. Look forward to another week of baseball with everyone! Best of luck to all!
Good luck to the Breakers also....
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:39 AM   #6
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

For this season, I thought it would be fun to have the speediest version of Ty Cobb on the team to see how many bases he could steal. As a Sabermetric fan, I'm not really a fan of the SB, but when you've got a player who can pretty much steal them without risk, it makes it a much more attractive proposition.

I installed Cobb at the top of the lineup and moved his SB slider all the way to the right, set to Override. After 21 games (he sits versus LHP), the Georgia Peach has 22 SB in 24 attempts. That's on pace for about 140 SB. According to Baseball Reference, the record for modern baseball is 130 by Rickey Henderson. I don't know if he can keep this up, but it's fun to watch.

His defense is not stellar, and there's no room at DH, so he's learning to play LF, where I expect him to achieve a rating of 65 eventually. He would be best in RF, but we play Tris Speaker there, who is already fully trained in RF, and I don't want two OFers learning new positions.

It's small sample size at this point, but Mr. Cobb is on track for over 190 runs scored as well. According to Baseball Reference, the record for modern baseball is 177 by the Babe in 1921.

I'm sure that Joe DiMaggio, who is batting 3rd and leading the league in RBIs, likes seeing Cobb on base when he comes to the plate. Basically, Cobb is in scoring position as soon as he reaches 1B.

Last edited by PhysicsTeacher; 01-22-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #7
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
For this season, I thought it would be fun to have the speediest version of Ty Cobb on the team to see how many bases he could steal. As a Sabermetric fan, I'm not really a fan of the SB, but when you've got a player who can pretty much steal them without risk, it makes it a much more attractive proposition.

I installed Cobb at the top of the lineup and moved his SB slider all the way to the right, set to Override. After 21 games (he sits versus LHP), the Georgia Peach has 22 SB in 24 attempts. That's on pace for about 140 SB. According to Baseball Reference, the record for modern baseball is 130 by Rickey Henderson. I don't know if he can keep this up, but it's fun to watch.

His defense is not stellar, and there's no room at DH, so he's learning to play LF, where I expect him to achieve a rating of 65 eventually. He would be best in RF, but we play Tris Speaker there, who is already fully trained in RF, and I don't want two OFers learning new positions.

It's small sample size at this point, but Mr. Cobb is on track for over 190 runs scored as well. According to Baseball Reference, the record for modern baseball is 177 by the Babe in 1921.

I'm sure that Joe DiMaggio, who is batting 3rd and leading the league in RBIs, likes seeing Cobb on base when he comes to the plate. Basically, Cobb is in scoring position as soon as he reaches 1B.
I also picked up speedy Cobb for this season. After Tony Gwynn finished with -16ZR in RF last year, it was time to move to him to DH, opening the spot for Cobb to learn. I don't expect him to be a defensive wizard, but he should do less damage there.

I'm a little more conservative in my Cobb's running game. I've had a bad trial in the past with the max steal slider raising CS% to an unacceptable level. But then again, I've never had a burner like Cobb. I'll keep a close eye on both of our players and might adjust more in the future.

So far, I'm pleasantly surprised at Cobb's start. .420/.477/.680 is unsustainable but helped get my team get running out of the gates. Yours also sparked a strong start. Good luck on your SB and R record chase! I'll be following your Cobb closely this week!
Old 01-22-2019, 09:16 AM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

By "speedy Cobb", do you mean the OVR 97 card?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Pretty sure thats the one we got, yea. I can tell you it is NOT perfect Cobb
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #10
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
By "speedy Cobb", do you mean the OVR 97 card?
It's the Record Breaker card from 1915, 96 overall. He is rated 85 for Stealing, on a scale of 20-80, as well as 80 in both Speed and Baserunning. He is also a 75 for Bunt for Hit.

His batting ratings are not as strong as some of his other cards, but he is rated 75 Contact, 70 Gap, 70 Eye vs RHP. This is a much better Eye than the other versions.

Last edited by PhysicsTeacher; 01-22-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #11
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Pretty sure thats the one we got, yea. I can tell you it is NOT perfect Cobb
I wish! The amount of PP for a Perfect Cobb is worth a lot of good diamond players. It's near the top of my dream list along with a perfect Ruth that I envision every time I open a pack.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:42 PM   #12
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I wish! The amount of PP for a Perfect Cobb is worth a lot of good diamond players. It's near the top of my dream list along with a perfect Ruth that I envision every time I open a pack.
Here at the Doctrine, we lust for perfect Pedro (don't we all?), perfect Brett, perfect Mantle, and, of course, perfect Honus. We're not holding our breath.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:52 PM   #13
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Here at the Doctrine, we lust for perfect Pedro (don't we all?), perfect Brett, perfect Mantle, and, of course, perfect Honus. We're not holding our breath.
I agree. Perfect Pedro surely must be the crown pitching jewel. Haven't seen a perfect Mantle card but I can dream of that too... Someone has to be drawing these cards.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:03 PM   #14
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I agree. Perfect Pedro surely must be the crown pitching jewel. Haven't seen a perfect Mantle card but I can dream of that too... Someone has to be drawing these cards.

Oh, I forgot, perfect Lou Boudreau, also. He can be yours today, for only 700,000 PP.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #15
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

You can see Mickey's card in our own league, courtesy of the Kogarah Kings, who own quite a few perfects.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #16
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
You can see Mickey's card in our own league, courtesy of the Kogarah Kings, who own quite a few perfects.
Wow. Thanks! I didn't know that card was out there. Very impressive as is the All-Perfect Lineup for the Kings.

I wonder what the next 100 cards to be released will be...
Old 01-22-2019, 11:42 PM   #17
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow. Thanks! I didn't know that card was out there. Very impressive as is the All-Perfect Lineup for the Kings.

I wonder what the next 100 cards to be released will be...
Mariano Rivera was just announced.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:19 AM   #18
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Sweet! I'll look for him on the Kogarah Kings soon... ;-)
Old 01-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #19
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I thought there already was a perfect Mo card in play?
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
I thought there already was a perfect Mo card in play?
I’ve not seen it.