Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #161
Galeg
Major Leagues

In the auction house there is already a check box to only show cards I can afford. Can we please get another check box to only show cards I don't own? Thanks.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:36 PM   #162
daves
Hall Of Famer

Sort by buy now prices. Current sort only allows for auction prices. Sometimes I want to just fill a hole by buying now.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:17 AM   #163
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

In the AH, along with the Only Show Cards I Can Afford, can we add a Only Show Cards I Can Buy Now check box?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:48 AM   #164
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
When you are in the playoffs, if you hit "Hide Scores" which makes it more fun to watch replay, you can still know which team won the game because it will say "NY leads series 1-0" etc.

Is there anyway to hide that sentence as to who is leading the series in playoffs? If you are following the series and know your team is leading the series, for example, 3-2, and then the next game you log in it says "Series tied 3-3" obviously your team lost the last game. So even if the score is hidden, you lose some of the dramatics.

Can this be changed so that if you check "Hide Scores" it also hides that sentence?

Thank you.
Done
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:53 AM   #165
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Sort by buy now prices. Current sort only allows for auction prices. Sometimes I want to just fill a hole by buying now.
Working on it
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #166
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Personal insults aside, yes I do follow this practice and you would also if you were interested in winning auctions. If I see a Patrick Corbin card that I want, I would bid 5,015 because that's what it will take to win it for sure. If I only have 4000, then I bid 4000 and see what happens. Bidding 3000 when I can bid more and am willing to bid more is inviting a loss.
I think you missed my smiley face. Bidding 5,015 wouldn't get you anywhere near winning that Corbin card right now. The current average is over 8,000. If I'm reading you correctly, though, your strategy is to bid a price so high that no one else is likely to compete with you? Is that what you mean by "will win it for sure?" If so, while that does allow for a true "max bid" strategy, it would also be a horribly inefficient waste of PP. You'd pay less getting into a live auction bidding war. It sounds like the format you'd prefer would be a sealed bid auction wherein we all put in a single bid without knowing the current price.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:50 AM   #167
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
I think you missed my smiley face. Bidding 5,015 wouldn't get you anywhere near winning that Corbin card right now. The current average is over 8,000. If I'm reading you correctly, though, your strategy is to bid a price so high that no one else is likely to compete with you? Is that what you mean by "will win it for sure?" If so, while that does allow for a true "max bid" strategy, it would also be a horribly inefficient waste of PP. You'd pay less getting into a live auction bidding war. It sounds like the format you'd prefer would be a sealed bid auction wherein we all put in a single bid without knowing the current price.
At the end of the day, though, it doesn't really matter. Revenue Equivalence Theorem tells us that all of the formats we've discussed yield the same expected revenue for the seller over the long run assuming the number and risk profile of the bidders remains static.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #168
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I'm reading you correctly, though, your strategy is to bid a price so high that no one else is likely to compete with you? Is that what you mean by "will win it for sure?" If so, while that does allow for a true "max bid" strategy, it would also be a horribly inefficient waste of PP.
No, you still don't understand at all. You aren't wasting PP. You are only going to pay an amount equal to the next highest bid, exactly the same as you would have paid if you sat there inching it up 1pp at a time in a click war. If it goes over your bid, you wouldn't have bought the card anyway because it would have been too expensive (more than you were willing to pay).

Your way, you run a risk of inching the price up until you have paid more than the card is worth (to you). You have no idea where to stop, which truly is a horrible waste of PP and a poor negotiating tactic. If you did know where to stop, you would put that amount in (once) and be done - win or lose.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:19 PM   #169
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At the end of the day, though, it doesn't really matter. Revenue Equivalence Theorem tells us that all of the formats we've discussed yield the same expected revenue for the seller over the long run assuming the number and risk profile of the bidders remains static.
Good, then you agree... no reason to change.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #170
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

I see there's a short list screen. But I don't see any way to populate a short list, as in the regular game. I do almost everything with short lists, especially roster management. Please add the capability, or show me how I have it already without realizing it.
Len1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #171
Galeg
Major Leagues

I know I've posted this before, but is there any chance we get a filter for owned cared in the auction house eventually? Sorting through 30 pages to see if there is one you don't own is a real pain. Also, if you're going to market the collecting aspect of the game, making it easy to find cards you don't have seems like a smart move.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #172
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'm not sure if there is something that could be done in game to notify that a new patch is available. I'd assume no, but can't hurt to ask.

I say this because the only way I know there is a new patch is because I see a new thread here. I have the game open 24/7 so the game won't update on Steam unless I close it.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #173
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Another suggestion.

Can the transaction history display game date instead of actual date? I went to see when I acquired a player in season and it's kind of useless in that regard because it was yesterday at 4:37 PM and not something like June 4th, 2018.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #174
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len1950 View Post
I see there's a short list screen. But I don't see any way to populate a short list, as in the regular game. I do almost everything with short lists, especially roster management. Please add the capability, or show me how I have it already without realizing it.
This please for the Auction House. I'd love to be able to have a Watch List for auctions so I have a quick easy place to look at several auctions at once.
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #175
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I would like to have the ability to have multiple teams under one email. Currently it is 3 to a license but with different accounts.

This would allow people to experiment more without having to have different accounts. We could make 1 team a primary team so that if you get a pack in challenge mode, it will go to that team.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #176
adion
All Star Starter

OOTP 20 and 'moders'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

I though it would be useful if I'd create a thread where I list all the features we have planned for the near and distant future, and also have one place where you can post your very own feature ideas.

Features coming before the official launch late November:
- PT universe screen
- The ability to view the profile of other managers
- A list of all managers in the PT universe, plus the ability to mark managers as friends
- Unlock the occasional player card pack by playing offline Challenge Mode (probably)
- Option to purchase PP on the eSellerate, Origin and Mac AppStore version
- Better league names, using popular MLB player names, for example "Babe Ruth Conference".
- A log which lists all your PP transactions
- Adding a ballpark info tab to the team screen so you can see the park factors of other teams

Coming after the release, but still for OOTP 19:
- The ability to visit other leagues (including finished ones) as a guest so you can check out stats, box scores etc.
- A watchlist for cards in the AH
- A record book page where you can see team & player season records for the whole universe, by level. Eg. who hit the most HR in a season in double A (both individual player & team)

Coming for OOTP 20:
- Tournaments! You can enter up to 3 tournaments (while still being in the regular league system) at the same time. There will be plenty of tournaments daily, with varying sizes and rule sets.
- Collection missions: We'll have plenty of collections & related missions, for example "Collect all Braves SP from the 90's". When a collection is complete, you can redeem it for a special card or a pack or PP (remains to be decided)
- More historical cards & categories

Coming for OOTP 20 or 21:
- Live challenges: Challenge other managers for a head-to-head live game. Winner gets PP!

OK, that is our list so far. Let us know your suggestions! Please keep in mind that a few controversial ones were already discussed and dismissed, for example leagues that do not allow PP purchases, or any limits on PP purchases. The PT universe will always remain one unified system without restrictions.

Cheers,
Markus

Will OOTP 20 have more options for people to make mods, e.g. adding new signage and TV screen pictures to the parks, ability to export park views and input them to other parks, etc./
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #177
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Will there be Steam achievements for PT at some point? I vote for that.

Another suggestion I have is a check box on the settings screen to only auto-sell live cards. Not sure how difficult that would be. I like collecting historical cards.

Last edited by zrog2000; 12-01-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #178
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Hi guys,

I have on idea I'd like to share with you. In advance I apologize for my grammar mistakes.

I believe that PT has immense potential to offer much deeper strategic choices for players.

But before talking about any change there are some key points which should be addressed beforehand:
1) Paying players are financing development of this game
- Feed them but keep them hungry as well
2) Non-spending players are heart and soul of the community
- Give them tool to compete with paying players
3) Lifespan of PT universe is one year until new version of OOTP is out.
- 52 weeks is the target for finishing collection and perfect roster.
4) Cards are too "fixed/inflexible"
- include extra dimension of player's development and injury proneness.

Based on these points my idea is following:

- Adding one more rarity level thus shifting drop rates higher. You guys made such fantastic work by adding so many players to the game therefore easy solution would be to categorize cards under 50 as wooden and set them as basic cards you get from normal pack -> shifting iron to current bronze etc. This should prolong "gathering/hoarding" period for everyone. To balance this off and motivate non-paying players the amount of PP obtained from achievements should be increased (perhaps award some achievements directly by packs) resulting in situation when packs will be relatively more expensive for buying ($ price for rare cards increases) but packs will be more distributed among non-paying players. Main impact will be that paying players will buy points for buying cards from non-paying players (based on forum I expect that some players will keep their rare cards but most of them will sold them to get new packs/more better cards). Not to discourage paying players from buying packs - the golden pack will still drop golden card though the price should increase respectively. This should address points one and three mentioned above.

- Live cards are great idea and I absolutely love it but I feel it will not change player's stats enough to make any difference in the game world. Other thing is that it's a pity that there isn't players development which makes sport manager simulations the games we love. In my eyes player's development is the main tool for players who love challenges and like to nurture their team. Straight to the point, young players will gain develop new stats in similar, but limited, way how it is done in offline simulation, the only rules are age and that the player must play which will prevent any hoarding of talented players as those will not get any experience if the don't play regularly. This will give non-paying players possibility to create a team which will be in few weeks (in game - years) competetive with paying players. The same way will be treated also aging process for players reaching certain age and perhaps injury proneness which will be one of characteristics speeding up decline.

Obvious question about retirement should be solved in sort of general away - all players should retire after certain age which is equal to real world average retirement age e.g. 35 y. Not to force already existing cards after this age to retire after every season, some "playing years" should be guaranteed e.g. card at the age of 32 should be guaranteed 4 years, 33y - 3y, 34 - 3y etc 40y - 2y. After retirement the card is "refreshed" by resetting stats to current live value thus the card is not lost neither is kept "downgraded" by aging. This would work only for live cards, historical cards would keep their stats no matter what.

Thank for reading this proposal.

Adam
SF Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #179
KenOC
Bat Boy

How many games are played in the Entry Pool Phase ? I noticed its gone over 162 games.
KenOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #180
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOC View Post
How many games are played in the Entry Pool Phase ? I noticed its gone over 162 games.
As many as happen to fit into the schedule before the new season. Enjoy the extra shot at PP!
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote