Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
RickD
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No Joy

OK now it is annoying.

I love this game but I have started 3 seasons, standard game, 2018 New York Yankees and EVERY time, E..V. E. R. Y. time the Yankees trade Aaron Judge to the Blue Jays for Yangervis Solarte! Solarte? In what realm of possability would Cashman do this.

I want to manage the Yanks not GM it and I understand decisions will be made but come on....what code has been installed to make this insane trade every time?

Kind of sucking my joy out....
Old 03-23-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Basically the Yankee's ai is seeing it has too many guys for corner OF and DH and wants to get rid of some. It doesn't know the names and stories, just the ratings and contracts. It can't get rid of Stanton or Ellsbury very easily f.e because of their contracts.

So it does something that looks crazy to us.

Not really sure how we could prevent this from happening.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
RickD
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know it isn't really a bug but it is bugging me! Takes away the enjoyment factor.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Basically the Yankee's ai is seeing it has too many guys for corner OF and DH and wants to get rid of some. It doesn't know the names and stories, just the ratings and contracts. It can't get rid of Stanton or Ellsbury very easily f.e because of their contracts.

So it does something that looks crazy to us.

Not really sure how we could prevent this from happening.
Isn't there a way to make Judge untradeable?
Old 03-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

He's not the GM. I don't think the can.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
He's not the GM. I don't think the can.

What is so difficult about being the GM? If he wants to just be the Manager then I guess he is stuck with whatever the AI GM does hmm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
What is so difficult about being the GM? If he wants to just be the Manager then I guess he is stuck with whatever the AI GM does hmm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he might be playing a totally different team but he's seeing this happen with ai controlled teams.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #8
RickD
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am playing the Yankees....I know in Manager mode I am stuck with the AI GM, which would not bother me if it was realistic but trading Judge every time for Solarte is not realistic. Trading your team HR leader every time....the only way I can stop it is to be both GM and Mgr which is not really realistic, or to be the GM only.....
Old 03-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #9
BlueSkull
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD View Post
I am playing the Yankees....I know in Manager mode I am stuck with the AI GM, which would not bother me if it was realistic but trading Judge every time for Solarte is not realistic. Trading your team HR leader every time....the only way I can stop it is to be both GM and Mgr which is not really realistic, or to be the GM only.....

This is where fictional players can enhance enjoyment so one isn't anchored on real-life counterparts. It's a trade-off but just one option that works for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #10
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

You can still manage with commissioner mode on, I believe.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

One thing you could try, go into commish mode and edit Stanton and Ellsbury so that neither of them have RF ratings. Or at least decrease them by a lot.

That should leave Judge as the only real RF standing and make the ai more inclined to leave him alone.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #12
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

This is why I love playing fictional games... no preconceived notions! You can let OOTP be OOTP and not say "That would never happen!"
Old 03-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #13
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

One thing I always wished could be implemented for us who play Modern MLB - having commissioner mode on allow a option to "approve/reject" all trades that happen.

I understand the logic in this situation that Lukas is talking about and it makes perfect sense from a programming/game stance but that would bug me too. So an example NYY trades Judge to TOR I get a pop up after that happens where I can hit allow, or deny. I just hit "deny" and its like it never even happened and the game continues on.

I don't think that would be to hard to add, and it satisfys us who don't want to see things like that happen.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #14
Reggie
Major Leagues

That's a tough one. Maybe a bad idea or overly complicated from a programming perspective..but what about having a place for manager input? Maybe let the manager pick a few guys that he doesn't want traded on the 40 man roster. Maybe 3 or 4 players. The GM could still trade them but only if the trade heavily favors the team?
Old 03-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #15
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
A way around this that wouldn't change your experience too much would be Legacy Mode - start a game as the Yankees but be GM only - then when everything's loaded, go to Game Settings -> Global Settings. On the bottom left there will be an option marked "GM-only users are always in control of lineups (legacy-mode)". This way you'll still be managing (setting lineups/rotation/etc) but you'll be able to make sure the roster stays the way you want to.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #16
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I am sure the Marlins would never trade Stanton either. Nor would Toronto trade Roger Clemens. Nor Oakland Mark McGwire.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #17
BlueSkull
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
I am sure the Marlins would never trade Stanton either. Nor would Toronto trade Roger Clemens. Nor Oakland Mark McGwire.

Not for Solarte! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #18
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Texas Samny Sosa. Twins David Ortiz. Red Sox Babe Ruth. Never Happen. Rangers A-Rod.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #19
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Charlie Finley would never break up a championship team.3
Old 03-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #20
airr233
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I started a 2018 Yankees game in manager mode and the day before Opening Day, the Yankees traded for JD Martinez for Betances and a minor league prospect.
Closed Thread