Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:53 AM   #81
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimons77 View Post
Trying to open and read the manual. Asks for username and login. I use the same one as I do for reading the forums and can't get in. How do I access the manual?
Looks like I messed up when I pasted the links into the title page and pointed them to the internal editor version, which is behind a login. Should be fixed now.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:55 AM   #82
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaliya View Post
OK I dont know how to upload my files...I am playing NHL Sabres and i get to November 1 and I just get a continued loop saying SIMULATING over and over again...I really dont want to pay for a game if I cant play it and will be ignored if im not knowledgeable to upload my files..I buy OOTP baseball EVERY YEAR and this is the second year ive bought this game and cannot play it...please help me with some suggestions...like I said november 1 and it dies..
How long will have you let it run like that on that date? There are a few different global roster management things that happen on November 1, so it can take a while to get through them all for every league - the multiple simulating messages are just going through different processes.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #83
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
Dunno if this is a bug or WAD, but running a modern day game every team in the league is running 4 forwards on at least one powerplay unit.

The forwards are always on the right side and most of them seem like inappropriate choices. Calgary has Markus Granlund on the right point of the first unit and David Jones of all people on the second unit. Buffalo is running Stafford and Armia. Ducks are running Stewart and Sekac. And so on... my coach wants to put Tuomo Ruutu on the point.
As intended, although the choices may need some improvement. Only a small minority of NHL teams use two defencemen on each PP unit now.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:09 AM   #84
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Signed one of my guys to a contract with a no-trade clause in it. He stank it up over the next couple of years...so I traded him without issue.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:34 AM   #85
Keenanja
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kune View Post
Hello!

Im having nasty bug. The game wont allow me to continue as it says Im below salary floor.

Im playing with Maple Leafs and my current payroll is 71 million and current caphit is 59 million. Even editing player wages doesnt help. Also everytime i try to continue the game jumps to my echl team.

Edit: Did a few runs and found out it does it always on 16th October 2015
Edit2: File is also uploaded to ftp under name kunetorontodynastia.lg.rar
I am having the same problem, but on a different date in the game. I do notice that my ECHL now has a salary cap of $116,633,974 which may explain why my ECHL team is below the floor.
Keenanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:40 AM   #86
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Doesn't appear that we're able to resign coaches/scouts/etc to new contracts when they're going to expire.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:57 AM   #87
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

playing own league. After a few days it decided to ... give me help as a GM .... pre season hasn't even started in first season.

edit: it is to do with the contract. It keeps resetting itself to 0.
Attached Images

Last edited by jwr38; 09-30-2015 at 03:01 AM.
jwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:34 AM   #88
ZBGuy
Minors (Single A)

CHL previous drafts are empty; names/first names not taking

Two issues:

1) For the CHL teams, neither their respective entry draft logs nor the import draft logs have any players in them past the 2014-15 season. This may be because I don't have the CHL selected as a playable league, though, as the logs fill in fine for the NHL.

2) I wanted to add some first names and surnames to the database. I updated the files in the documents folder, but they didn't take. I am sure they didn't take because subsequent tests showed no signs of the names being used by the database. Is it not doable to add names to the database yet?
ZBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:46 AM   #89
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bug: If you start a new game, play it for a while, and then return to the main menu to make a new game, a bug will occur. The new game will begin creating, but will not reach the "select playable leagues" screen, and instead will say "a game with this name already exists". The game will be created, but with a random user name/data, and will not be stable.

Since this was an issue more with the starting menu, I didn't know if you needed a game, but I uploaded one anyways to the file server under the name "pbbm game 1.lg.zip"

Last edited by pbbm; 09-30-2015 at 04:29 AM.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #90
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBGuy View Post
Two issues:

1) For the CHL teams, neither their respective entry draft logs nor the import draft logs have any players in them past the 2014-15 season. This may be because I don't have the CHL selected as a playable league, though, as the logs fill in fine for the NHL.
Right, they don't draft if they're not playable, so the logs stay empty. Players are moved to the teams by other means.

Quote:
2) I wanted to add some first names and surnames to the database. I updated the files in the documents folder, but they didn't take. I am sure they didn't take because subsequent tests showed no signs of the names being used by the database. Is it not doable to add names to the database yet?
The names are built into the league start files, so no, not possible right now. If you want to add a small number of them, what you can do is start a game, add a few players with those names, save the file as a quickstart, then start again with that quickstart, and the names should be incorporated into the name database for that game.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:24 AM   #91
Kune
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kune View Post
Hello!

Im having nasty bug. The game wont allow me to continue as it says Im below salary floor.

Im playing with Maple Leafs and my current payroll is 71 million and current caphit is 59 million. Even editing player wages doesnt help. Also everytime i try to continue the game jumps to my echl team.

Edit: Did a few runs and found out it does it always on 16th October 2015
Edit2: File is also uploaded to ftp under name kunetorontodynastia.lg.rar
Anyone found a way to get past this? Its keeping me from playing
Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #92
MMB League
Bat Boy

Mode: historical league

Type of bug: in-game links

With what?: Home Page for Teams; DIVISION STANDINGS box & links

What's happening?: When you click to view a team in the standings chart, it's sending you to the wrong team/division/invisible team. In other words, we can't naviguate using the Division Standings box on Home Team Page.

Last edited by MMB League; 09-30-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixing typos; was too excited to report this bug
MMB League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #93
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Contract negotiation bug

When negotiating free agent contracts, I have had a few guys, when I select "Meet Demand" it offers the player a two-way contract.

Then when I ask for his response, he tells me he's an NHL player and won't accept a two-way contract (despite it supposedly being his demand to have one) After receiving this message, I cannot unclick the "Two Way" box and therefore can no longer negotiate with that player.

Also, on a similar note, every time I do offer a two-way contract it defaults to a $39,000 per year offer. I have never had one player accept that term and I signed a ton of 20 to 24 year olds to stock an expansion teams farm club. It would be nice to set your own default wage for a minor league contract, because I had to offer it, have it refused, then keep tweaking the number higher over and over again.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #94
dettigfan222
Bat Boy

I'm on Windows and no matter what preference screen size I select under Windowed (don't want to do full screen), it doesn't show the advance button in the game screen.
dettigfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #95
jkkis
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
Same issue - Macbook Pro 13 is cutting off bottom of screen.
And here too! Any solutions yet? No matter what resolution you try.. does the same.
jkkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #96
Bruinsbhoy
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkis View Post
And here too! Any solutions yet? No matter what resolution you try.. does the same.
I seem to have the upper part of the screen but it cuts off the lower part of players attributes and scouting reports.

I could just about put up with that but after spending hours tweaking with my line-up and simming through the pre-season I've gone to play a game and can't see my line-up at the bottom of the screen and what I assume must be some sort of start game button as I can't get the game started and have to quit FHM 2 as I'm stuck!

Any solutions being worked on guys?
Bruinsbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #97
breich90
Minors (Double A)

When creating an online league, I set my manager to 'commish mode', 'cannot be fired', and 'fog of war'. After I created all the other managers with only 'cannot be fired' and 'fog of war', I started the game. My manager did not have commish access (and neither did any of the other managers). I was unable to set 'play in commish mode' for my manager after the fact, forcing me to try again and create an entirely new file.
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #98
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by breich90 View Post
When creating an online league, I set my manager to 'commish mode', 'cannot be fired', and 'fog of war'. After I created all the other managers with only 'cannot be fired' and 'fog of war', I started the game. My manager did not have commish access (and neither did any of the other managers). I was unable to set 'play in commish mode' for my manager after the fact, forcing me to try again and create an entirely new file.
If you add more than one GM the game will be defined as online league and it is not possible to change "commish mode" in an online league after the game is started. Are you sure that you have enabled "commish mode" for your manager, I have checked it and it works properly.

Last edited by Malte Schwarz; 09-30-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #99
breich90
Minors (Double A)

I'll double check but I'm fairly sure I had it set. I'll recreate the same circumstances and try again with a newly created game.
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:41 PM   #100
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

This has happened 4 times over the last 3 days.
Playing Fictional League(commish mode)
Action: Expanded
Pbp and clock speed: Fast

The game freezes after a few seconds and won't continue. The only way to get out of the situation is hit the sim end tab.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-30-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote