Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Not allowing me to load any downloads at advanced settings on create new game

Hello everyone

I am stuck at the source database settings prior to starting my franchise....I have all of my downloads on my desktop in an OOTP file...when I go to change the folders in advanced settings it does show my folder as an option and even shows me what the file is (I.E Major League Baseball logos 1898-present) but none of the CHANGE will take place and it keeps just giving me the 2015 ones that I don't want

Please help I think my patience is running out now after 3 weeks of serious want for this game and disappointment each time I have a crash or it forces me to re-install my purchase ID (but this part is neither here nor there right now I just want to get thru this start up add all of my correct MILB teams and get going with my editing for my 1976 season)
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

First, are you talking about changing the path to your game folders, as shown in the first screen print and explained in the second?

Because, no matter where you have your game folders located, the logos that you want the game to use must go into the logos folder as shown in the third screen print. Only if they are there (and file names match team names, including underscores for spaces) will the game use custom logos.

Else, the game reverts back to default logos every time it starts up. That Custom Data Path is just for changing the location of your game to some other folder than the default (My Documents, etc.).
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-12-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

I appreciate you taking the time..I really do

But. This is like a foreign language to me...maybe this game is to advanced for me ...I guess I will go play RBI baseball now

(:

In all seriousness, I know I will get it at some point...but I am on week 3 (when I have time) and with the game either crashing, or things like this I am definitely starting to be discouraged

Last edited by Pinetarpress; 05-12-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetarpress View Post
Hello everyone

I am stuck at the source database settings prior to starting my franchise....I have all of my downloads on my desktop in an OOTP file...when I go to change the folders in advanced settings it does show my folder as an option and even shows me what the file is (I.E Major League Baseball logos 1898-present) but none of the CHANGE will take place and it keeps just giving me the 2015 ones that I don't want

Please help I think my patience is running out now after 3 weeks of serious want for this game and disappointment each time I have a crash or it forces me to re-install my purchase ID (but this part is neither here nor there right now I just want to get thru this start up add all of my correct MILB teams and get going with my editing for my 1976 season)
To fix your logo problem
1. Start your game
2. Click the Game menu and select Game Settings
3. On that page click the Database tab.
4. Set the path to your logos folder (Major League Baseball logos 1898-present) on the right hand side. This setting only affect your current game and all team/leagues in your current game will use it. You can set the game to use different folders in game at any time. No need to set paths in Settings unless you want all your games (present and future) to use it.
5. Go to your saved games news\html\images\team_logos and league_logos folders and delete everything
6. Restart ootp and it'll rebuild your logos using your logos from the folder you set in the database page.
Note:
The setting on the Database page only affects your currect game and the Path setting on the Settings popup will affect all saved games and all new games.
As for your crashes, there are precise steps that users need to take to report crashes and it's extremely important to use them..It's the only way we can resolve any problems users have. So please help us help you. Those steps are here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3675138

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-13-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote