Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #21
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetarpress View Post
..I believe I have the spritze/gambo rosters but how can I be sure they are the correct ones I have in my franchise...and finally, if I plan on adding the real minor leaguers (thousands of them) to the 1976 season how do I export those files add the players and import them back into the game...
The best place to check to see if you have the correct players would be Baseball Reference:

1976 Minor League Baseball League Encyclopedia - Baseball-Reference.com

Just click on the league and then the team you want to check.

And as for adding real minor leaguers, just do what I suggested here:

As far as editing the players, a lot easier method is to create a fictional minor league full of fictional players then edit them. Make them all the same position or age, something to sort them easily. Then go to League Settings and click Export Rosters. This will export all rosters and free agents to a text file. Open that text file in Excel and sort out the created minor leaguers and their entire info so they are lined up in consecutive rows. Then, create an Excel file of the players you want in your database. You'll have to make sure that number of columns for your impending players matches that of the columns for the minor leaguers. In other words, they don't have to have the same numbers in the columns but the columns do have to have the same type of information in both. And keep in mind there are 147 columns of information to fill out on each player. The only exception to this is the player ID numbers. Don't change those. Otherwise, the players won't import correctly and you'll either get a bunch of bad stats or no players at all. Once you have both sheets ready, copy and paste the players you want in the database over the minor leaguers. Then, save the rosters you exported from OOTP as a .csv file and re-import it into the game. Your players should show up good as new. And if you want to edit their stats, on the same page where you exported their rosters is an option export stats. Open them with Excel and save them as .csv files when you're done editing and re-import just like the rosters.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #22
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

I have read your post multiple times and I am still unclear what I am suppose to do...where do I create a fictional AAA...

When I do...how do I easily edit all of them to the same position and do I need to do this for all levels of the minors or can I just do this with one export and after I import back to the game easily place the players to the appropriate level and team?
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #23
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I have read your post multiple times and I am still unclear what I am suppose to do...where do I create a fictional AAA...

When I do...how do I easily edit all of them to the same position and do I need to do this for all levels of the minors or can I just do this with one export and after I import back to the game easily place the players to the appropriate level and team?
Go to Game Settings then League Settings. Click on the Available League Actions button then click Add Minor/Feeder League and then Add a AAA League or however many leagues you need. This will add fictional teams and players to your minor leagues when it's finished. Then just export those rosters from your main league's settings screen and edit them like I described in my post. You really don't need to edit them all to the same position. That suggestion only works best if you want to add players to already existing teams. But since you'll be editing existing players, it's just a matter of lining up the existing players with the players you want to replace them. You'll have to edit the minor league team names beforehand so you can be sure you're editing the right players to the right teams. And that's easily done by going to the minor league's settings screen and then clicking on League/Teams and editing the team names and divisions.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #24
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

That is a great explanation...I will try this tomorrow
Old 05-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #25
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

If I were to edit in a player like Billy Sample into a low A team in my 1976 replay and use the proper ID number thru baseball ref...would that Billy Sample now be in the game or would he be duplicated in 1978 when he makes his debut?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #26
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If I were to edit in a player like Billy Sample into a low A team in my 1976 replay and use the proper ID number thru baseball ref...would that Billy Sample now be in the game or would he be duplicated in 1978 when he makes his debut?
You can select the year of his career that you want him to show up in. But if that year is one in which he did not play in MLB, then he won't be imported into the game. The historical database doesn't include minor league careers.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #27
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Thanks
Old 05-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #28
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Ok...I have commissioner mode on ....I have control every team on...and I am trying to edit the rangers and it will not let me

What am I doing wrong
Old 05-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #29
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ok...I have commissioner mode on ....I have control every team on...and I am trying to edit the rangers and it will not let me

What am I doing wrong
What exactly are you trying to do?
Old 05-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #30
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Thanks again for the help...I am in control of the Expos but want to have real rosters (as you know) for every team... I can not figure out how to get these files exported (i have done it, but I can't find where those files go) so, I would prefer to start editing the players w/in the game. I started with the Rangers and began editing the owner and moved on to players...when I looked back they had all reverted back to their original names
Old 05-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #31
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

If I am simply missing something on the export that is not a surprise...but, if we
could address both issues I would love that
Old 05-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #32
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks again for the help...I am in control of the Expos but want to have real rosters (as you know) for every team... I can not figure out how to get these files exported (i have done it, but I can't find where those files go) so, I would prefer to start editing the players w/in the game. I started with the Rangers and began editing the owner and moved on to players...when I looked back they had all reverted back to their original names
When you edit the rosters in Excel and save them as .csv files, make sure they go into the import_export folder located in your game's folder. If your game is named "MLB1976", then put those .csv files within the import_export folder located within the "MLB1976" folder. If there isn't one, make a new folder and name it import_export.

As for the players reverting back to their originals, when you edit an individual player with their editor, make sure you hit Enter after each change. Otherwise, the changes won't take hold.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #33
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

This is great...I am very appreciative of the help...the fact is, I can't find the files I have exported for whatever reason
Old 05-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #34
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
This is great...I am very appreciative of the help...the fact is, I can't find the files I have exported for whatever reason
If you mean the rosters you exported from the game, they should be in those import_export folders of their respective games.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #35
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Ok...clearly I am over my head with the excel part...so let's just move past that...one issue that I just saw here is that I have one folder for OOTP15 that I was working off of that I have in my applications folder and a second one that is in my library under application support...if it isn't obviously already I am not the computer wizard a lot of people are on here...so, where do most people keep their ootp files and why do I have two separate places with different files...
Old 05-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #36
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ok...clearly I am over my head with the excel part...so let's just move past that...one issue that I just saw here is that I have one folder for OOTP15 that I was working off of that I have in my applications folder and a second one that is in my library under application support...if it isn't obviously already I am not the computer wizard a lot of people are on here...so, where do most people keep their ootp files and why do I have two separate places with different files...
The import_export folder should be in this folder:

Library-->Application support-->Out of the Park Developments-->OOTP Baseball 15-->saved_games-->(Your Game Name).lg-->import_export
Old 05-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #37
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

No...I found it but the excel spread sheet is much higher than my skill level there...so, I will stick to editing my rosters in the game...thanks again for all the help
Old 05-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #38
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

I think I have made this game more difficult than it needs to be

I have downloaded all the Add-Ons I need for my league...should I just start a 1976 folder on my desktop and start the league and add the downloads by going thru my desktop folder? Would that be the easiest way to have all the correct logos, caps, jerseys, etc....
Old 05-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #39
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I think I have made this game more difficult than it needs to be

I have downloaded all the Add-Ons I need for my league...should I just start a 1976 folder on my desktop and start the league and add the downloads by going thru my desktop folder? Would that be the easiest way to have all the correct logos, caps, jerseys, etc....
You can add them all in without starting a new game, since you've already started one. And don't get too frustrated. This is a complicated game with a HUGE learning curve. I've been playing it for four years now and I still learn something new almost every day!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #40
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Thanks,,,.commish....you have been great

Also. Where do most people keep their downloads? Do they keep a separate game folder