Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

On what is the Depth Chart "Start Sub" based?

When setting up the depth charts for my lineup on what starting point is the "start sub" option based?

For example, in the fictional lineup below if I go with start Williams at SS every 4th game I assume that's from when I set it, So if I sim a week after setting that depth chart he should be there for the 4th game.

For the longer time-spans, like 15 or 20 games, is that also measured from the time I set that for the specific player or from the point of any changes to the depth chart?

And in the case of the catcher below, purely as an example, if the starter happens to get "tired" after the 17th game, what is the common practice of the AI manager when simming?

And a final one. In the case of the left field position who would start in the 10th game? The player that starts every 5th or is that overturned by the player that starts every 10th?

And, what the heck, how does the AI manager deal with a setting (not shown) of "If Starter Tired" for both Util #1 and Util #2 at the same position?
Attached Images

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 12-27-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59 View Post
When setting up the depth charts for my lineup on what starting point is the "start sub" option based?

For example, in the fictional lineup below if I go with start Williams at SS every 4th game I assume that's from when I set it, So if I sim a week after setting that depth chart he should be there for the 4th game.

For the longer time-spans, like 15 or 20 games, is that also measured from the time I set that for the specific player or from the point of any changes to the depth chart?

And in the case of the catcher below, purely as an example, if the starter happens to get "tired" after the 17th game, what is the common practice of the AI manager when simming?

And a final one. In the case of the left field position who would start in the 10th game? The player that starts every 5th or is that overturned by the player that starts every 10th?

And, what the heck, how does the AI manager deal with a setting (not shown) of "If Starter Tired" for both Util #1 and Util #2 at the same position?
Not 100% sure on this and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure "Start every 5th game" corresponds to a 20% chance of that player being placed in the line-up for any given game.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

no it's literal.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
beorn
All Star Starter

Winnipeg, I too am interested in answers to your questions.

However, to be practical, I'd suggest that if you are looking for a very high level of control, you probably want to use the 7 day lineup feature.

Even if we get "every 5th game" defined more closely, that count will be thrown off by the fact the other team switching back and forth between lefty and right handed pitchers.

I cannot tell you whether the five game count starts a) whenever any change is made, or b) when this information is first entered. But I am quite certain that it is a separate count against right handers and left handers, even if the same sub has the same "every 5th game" directions.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

My best guess, from setting those fairly often in my minors, is that it's based on the start of the season.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I will answer these based on my observations. I have not seen the code, so I could be wrong in my impressions.

Quote:
The counter starts when the selection is made. It resets when the selection changes.

Quote:
The point of any changes.

Quote:
The tired starter will continue to play.

Quote:
AI manager's choice.

Quote:
AI manager's choice.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
I cannot tell you whether the five game count starts a) whenever any change is made, or b) when this information is first entered. But I am quite certain that it is a separate count against right handers and left handers, even if the same sub has the same "every 5th game" directions.
My observation is that the counter is by game, not separate.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
Snarf054
Minors (Double A)

In my solo game I let the AI do line ups, but in my online league where I do them the only position I have a depth starter listed for is DH because my normal DH is my replacement RF for when the starter is tired. Other than that I just use the utility slots. Is this a very bad idea? Or at worst will my coach fix the line up if my instructions are all screwy?

Since my team flat out sucks I have been playing most my non starters in a every 2 games role so I can get some decent stats out of all of them and figure out who may actually be worth holding on to and who truly is a dud.
Snarf054 is offline   Reply With Quote