Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

This product has been abandoned, let's face it.

So, we were promised an iPhone 5/bug fixes update.

No sign of life from Sebastian for weeks. Then he posts his "long-overdue" update, promises better communication...and hasn't been heard from since.

Face it folks. I'll believe otherwise when I see the evidence, but until then this product is DOA. A pity. The game is supposed to be a gateway drug to get people to buy OOTP 14? All the customer service is going to do for a newbie is tell them to stay far, far away.
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Sebastian is on vacation according to a message I got from Markus. I Don't know when he will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Wisnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Did you even read the post that was made about iOOTP and where it currently stands? I understand that you are a customer and want everything to be perfect when you buy it but that isn't always the case. He has completely made a new game, done updates and other stuff, a trip to new york to meet and greet and you still say that it's abandoned?

Read it again
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

He did one update. How much have we heard from him in the last two months? One thread of excuses.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

return it then. You do realize that he has 2 full games on the go plus the ones that are still out there that they work on. I don't buy iootp anymore because my iPhone took a giant crap but they support their products very well and if it wasnt for FHM, this would have been updated probably a few times. What is the big problem that has to be fixed that is stopping you from playing?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
relrel1809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Im just waiting for the player editor update to create myself as the next rickey henderson! "Today..im the greatest!!" Lol
relrel1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
relrel1809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I agree with commish he's on vaca and is hammering out a soon to be awesome hockey game that will put EHM out of my life for good lol be patient man, or delete it off your iphone
relrel1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #8
Edster007
All Star Starter

I got to meet and spend a considerable amount of time talking to Sebastian when the team came to NY at the end of May. He spoke about iOOTP with great enthusiasm so I have a hard time believing something has changed in the past two months.

I think if there is something to be guilty of it is being over ambitious or under estimating what it would take a small team of developers to support existing games while under taking the development of FHM (If you follow FHM the original release date was this past January) Once FHM is off the ground I think we will see things normalize. Besides after watching my kid get hosed by EA and their online games I am more than happy to throw my support behind a dev team like out of the park. They do need to make a living and while some may be frustrated without FHM no new iOOTP.

I have chosen to be patient, I have been a customer for only a little over a year and in that time I have had positive experience dealing with the team and am willing to give them some leeway as they try and build the brand. By far the best app I have ever purchased.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

God forbid we should see Sebastian in here more often than once every two months with an update...
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

agreed

I have had all the versions of iOOTP and most PC versions, but I have to agree that this version of iOOTP was abandoned. This is very disappointing because we were promised some great features and now we're going into August.

I still play this every night and will continue to support them, but to not even hear anything after months - it is disappointing.
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
BradC
All Star Starter

I need to clarify something: This game has not been abandoned. We're a very small company - even I'm not a full-time employee, and I'm the only one doing PR and marketing for our games. (I hope to be full-time eventually.)

Unfortunately, we need to be "all hands on deck" to get the hockey game out the door. Believe me, we wish we could either keep Sebastian on iOOTP or hire someone to take it over, but neither solution is possible right now - once FHM is out and the company sees revenue from it (sales have been good during the Beta period, but we really need the game to take off once it's finished), we can reassess where we are and figure out future plans for all our games.

Personally, I love playing iOOTP on my iPad and would be the first person to say something to the guys in Germany if I felt the game was being abandoned. I realize we have a wish list of updates to get out the door, and I'm sorry we won't be able to deal with them until after 9/3, but we will get to them.

There is no way this game will die. It's an important part of the company's strategy as we try to get mainstream baseball fans interested in the idea of sports management games (they're popular in Europe, but not so much in the US). We definitely want to get the game ported to Android, so that's part of our plans too.

Believe me, we understand your frustration, and we're sorry you feel that way. Please bear with us while we go through these growing pains. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

First of all I want to say "thank you" to the people who understand the situation and support me, OOTP Dev., iOOTP and of course FHM. Secondly (and maybe even more important), iOOTP is in no way abandoned, after the FHM release I will sit down and work on this version and just last week we decided on the release date for 2014.

I don't really want to explain the situation again (I did it the last time) but the short version is simple: without FHM I would not work on iOOTP anymore because the money I get from the project is just not enough to make a living out of it with all the people getting % from it (and the low price + the bad $-Euro exchange rate). With FHM I now have a big project as the lead person and get enough money to continue my work on iOOTP in the future.

Since we wrote FHM from the ground it took longer then expected but with FHM going into the normal release schedule (September) and iOOTP in late March I will have time to work on both projects without worrying about the other in the future.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Cheers guys - thanks for the update .... Not that most of us needed an explanation

The majority of us are a very addicted and patient bunch so we're not going anywhere
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks guys, it's great to hear you're doing what you need to do to keep this game going, especially given some of the posts on this thread. The game is way too good to simply "abandon".
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
We definitely want to get the game ported to Android, so that's part of our plans too.
best thing I've seen on this site!
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
revcarte
Major Leagues

anxious

I do not post much on this forum anymore but I am anxious for an update that will take advantage of the larger screen on the Iphone 5. Looking forward to it.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

I don't think anyone can argue at this point the game's been abandoned.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

yup

I was really hoping for an iphone 5 update - maybe next year...
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Chamber View Post
So what if it's abandoned? It's not like a game that needs developer updates to be successful (I've played games like that that have been abandoned, not fun).

Yes, iPhone 5 and retina updates would be nice, but are they really necessary for the game's survival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
BradC
All Star Starter

I can argue that, because it hasn't been abandoned. Yes, we have unfortunately had to go a long time between updates, and we're not thrilled about that, but as a tiny company, we're still working on FHM updates, which are a higher priority right now. Unfortunately, we don't have extra manpower to throw at iOOTP. I honestly don't know when Sebastian will be able to work on iOOTP as he's been very busy with FHM.

To argue it has been abandoned would be to say that the game has reached end of life and will never receive a new version, which is false. It has sold well for us and we will definitely release iOOTP 2014 next year. I can't say what will happen with iOOTP 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Chamber View Post
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote