Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Cod
All Star Reserve

Personnel Moves (FA, Drafts, etc.) in Online Leagues

Can someone please explain how this works? I've played OOTP off-and-on for a few years, but never anything online. I read the manual for OOTP13 and understand the basics of how lineup changes, etc. are done for the simulations; however, I'm completely lost on how free agents, drafts, etc. are handled. Also, are trades possible? Basically, I'm trying to understand how personnel moves are handled in online leagues.

Any guidance/links/etc. are greatly appreciated.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

It varies from league to league, but here's a general idea of what happens.

FA - run during off-season. Owners make their bids in game and export. Commish sims 7 (or some number) of days, owners do in game update. Repeat until FA is complete.

Draft - Some leagues run it on their forum with owners posting their pick when their turn comes up. Some leagues OOTP:OU, a utility that reads the draft info from the game and allows owners to do their picks in the utility. This works good as you can create lists and the utility will read from your list and make your selection when your turn comes up. Also the Commish can set a timer so the utility will auto-pick if the draft starts slowing down.

Trading is done between owners, then posted to the forum and the Commish processess them during the next sim.

Waivers/In season FA's are usually done in game by owners. They get includeded with your export and processed accordingly. Example, you claim a player off waivers. Your claim will go through during the next sim. Of course like real world, if another team(s) also claims the same player than the rules of baseball take effect.

My suggestion - join a league and get a feel for how things work. You will find that most Commish's and owners are more than happy to assist newbies in getting comfortable with how things work and answering your questions.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-13-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Draft- Some leagues use the in game draft tool also. We moved the draft date to the last day of ST and run 5 sims of drafting before opening day.