Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
TMpgh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team Performance Question

Hey guys, new to the game here and I have a serious question.

I chose the Pirates as my team, as I'm a Pittsburgh guy. I did, however, totally retool the team. I set the scout to be 100% accurate and went out and did what it took to build a team with 3+ stars at every position plus several 4-5 star guys. However, my team is performing exactly as you would have expected the Pirates to do had I not made any adjustments. Am I missing something here? Does the sim engine base it's calculations on the team's past performance or the abilities of the players? Frankly, there's no way the team I have put together should be 9 games under in May.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
TMpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

It could be too small a sample size (less than one-half of one season). Also, while your scouting may be 100% accurate, there is a difference between current ratings and potential ratings. If you are talking potential, then there could be your answer.

Plus, there is still the factor of chance in this game, after everything else is said and done. It's purposely designed this way; you cannot guarantee success even if you stocked your team with ALL five-star players. Chances are, yes, it would be a winner, over time. The longer you played with such a team, the more likely you would be to succeed. But not every time, not guaranteed and maybe not right away. As in real life.

The more I think of it, the more things I think of. For example, the designer has tried to emulate "team chemistry." It could be that a team just assembled in this game has to play a while together before doing well. Also, are there any team leaders (if you have Player Personalities activated)? Are the key players happy, because if they are not, they may play sub par (if you have Player Morale activated)?

But no, I am reasonably sure that the Bucs' actual past performance is not a factor in your current results.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 07-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote