Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Some suggestions

Hi, first time poster. Basically I have a couple ideas that i would love to share with the creators.

First please find a way to make coaches, Gm's and assistant coaches relevant give them attributes, specialties etc... What I think is a good idea for exemple for coaches is to give them all a teaching and motivation stat and from one to 3 attributes ex: skating, shooting and goaltending in that case any player with more than 70% attributes would benefit from these bonuses. That would be a great way to finding players that fit the coaches. The more attributes with basic overall stats the more they would be expensive.

Same thing for assistant coaches but with less attributes maybe 1 only and a teaching stat.

Also give us a way to have to fire staff and Not just hier and sign them, ex the board or the fans are unhappy with the coaches or GM's or the players in general.

Secondly, focus on scouting, drafting and player development and try to mimic the NHL as much as possible, try to replicate the fact that every year there is 3-4 guys that are NHL ready and are often playing top 6 minutes. Something that I love in OOTP is that you CAN find gems in later rounds, that would be awesome that was virtually non existant in EHM except for Euros because they always got drafted later for some reason.

It would be awesome to have some top prospect list like in OOTP, a list that comes out maybe twice a year.

Last edited by Methodz; 11-17-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

I'll bump this guy's thread with one related suggestion of my own. I'm checking out of here for a while but I get OOTPD newsletters so I will be in touch, I hope. Will news of this forthcoming game be sent to the same list of recipients?
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
I'll bump this guy's thread with one related suggestion of my own. I'm checking out of here for a while but I get OOTPD newsletters so I will be in touch, I hope. Will news of this forthcoming game be sent to the same list of recipients?
Yes, the same list will be used.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
GMO123
Major Leagues

Staff (coaches etc.) attributes should be given in a written form, not by numbers.
Example - Coach A specializes in offensive skills and has a reputation of being good in this aspect.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
GMO123
Major Leagues

In my opinion there should be some way to warn a player if the player's performance is below an expected level.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
In my opinion there should be some way to warn a player if the player's performance is below an expected level.
Yeah, its called the minors.....
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Yeah, its called the minors.....
haha maybe in those glory olden days! ...then came the union.

Having a way to communicate to the player would be good but i'd say it's more for the coach to do. Coaches might have a talk with a player and then communicate that to the GM or the coach 'talks' by cutting his ice time or maybe if there are real problems that is only when he'll talk to the GM...

...or the players agent calls the gm and says "my clients feels ...." ---i hear that happens ALOT.

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-08-2011 at 09:11 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Having to deal with these situations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post

...or the players agent calls the gm and says "my clients feels ...." ---i hear that happens ALOT.
...another reason that having player agents in the game (someday) would be great!
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
RoPa
All Star Reserve

With all the news about the Canadian team during the last few days leading up to the 2012 IIHF World Junior Championship here are some suggestions for the game:

A Summer Development Camp, I believe Canada invited 47 players and the USA 40 last August.

A five-day training camp (that began Saturday, Dec. 10) where the coaching staff can make their final decisions from 41 players.

Exhibition games before the Championship starts.

Last edited by RoPa; 12-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #10
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Russia also deal with the WJC in a similar way with a summer camp, the different 4 nations tournaments, the Subway Super Series, then the 2 camps (one in Russia, one in NA) and exhibition games...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
With all the news about the Canadian team during the last few days leading up to the 2012 IIHF World Junior Championship here are some suggestions for the game:

A Summer Development Camp, I believe Canada invited 47 players and the USA 40 last August.

A five-day training camp (that began Saturday, Dec. 10) where the coaching staff can make their final decisions from 41 players.

Exhibition games before the Championship starts.
We are thinking about adding training / development camps to the game, but we must find a meaningful way. What effect does a training camp have on the players in contrast to exhibition games and normal training? In what form should it be implemented?
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
We are thinking about adding training / development camps to the game, but we must find a meaningful way. What effect does a training camp have on the players in contrast to exhibition games and normal training? In what form should it be implemented?
They call them development/training camps, but in reality they're selection camps. The kids display their skills, play a few red/white games and such, but it's designed to give the Coach/GM evaluations for making those final selections. They do get good stuff from these camps because of the advise/suggestions they receive on areas to improve, but it's geared toward seeing who's the best fit for the style of team they're putting together that year.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I would say, start adding exhibitions with the chance to call a larger roster. A camp is needed to coach to see motivations, true shape and condition, etc. For the first version I'd be content of large roster + exhibitions. I loved and hated TCs in EHM, they were great from one hand, but very poorly done from another hand.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #14
Corpzmaker91
Bat Boy

I'm new to this forum, so i might have missed out on some developments and trashed ideas in the past. But have you thought about implementing a Create a Team feature?

And also, maybe a changeable layout in the game? (Changeable background colors)

And if you don't have the manpower, to make the game and list of leagues teams bigger you could just add teams in alot of divisions have default players in them, this works well in games like Football Manager, it makes the game look more realistic and bigger than it actually is imo.

Also i'm up for helping out with some info about swedish teams if u need some help!
Corpzmaker91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #15
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpzmaker91 View Post
I'm new to this forum, so i might have missed out on some developments and trashed ideas in the past. But have you thought about implementing a Create a Team feature?
Yes, it will be possible to create your own fictional leagues and teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpzmaker91 View Post
And if you don't have the manpower, to make the game and list of leagues teams bigger you could just add teams in alot of divisions have default players in them, this works well in games like Football Manager, it makes the game look more realistic and bigger than it actually is imo.
We will add all important leagues to the game and if we are not able to complete a league (players, rules, ...) the league will be not playable. This means that you can't play a team from this league, but it is possible to interact with them (scouting, trades, ...).
Old 12-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #16
Steve4evasaints
Minors (Single A)

Will this game have a 2D Match Engine like EHM or will it be all text based like OOTP Basbeall?
Steve4evasaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #17
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4evasaints View Post
Will this game have a 2D Match Engine like EHM or will it be all text based like OOTP Basbeall?
The match display will be text based similar to OOTP. A 2d-engine is possible in the future, but above all it will be a question of time/manpower.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
We will add all important leagues to the game and if we are not able to complete a league (players, rules, ...) the league will be not playable. This means that you can't play a team from this league, but it is possible to interact with them (scouting, trades, ...).
Hi Malte. Presumably a user would be able to use the game editor to make a non-playable league playable (or vice-versa if they really wanted)?

This is perhaps a bit ambitious for your first release, but maybe the following might be a cool feature in some future release: Could the game editor generate random/place-holder players/staff? For example, if the user creates a new league and teams, it would be neat if the editor could populate the teams (and perhaps add some free agents) with some random players. Perhaps the user could have some sort of control on the range and skill of the players generated.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Hi Malte. Presumably a user would be able to use the game editor to make a non-playable league playable (or vice-versa if they really wanted)?
Yes, that will be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
This is perhaps a bit ambitious for your first release, but maybe the following might be a cool feature in some future release: Could the game editor generate random/place-holder players/staff? For example, if the user creates a new league and teams, it would be neat if the editor could populate the teams (and perhaps add some free agents) with some random players. Perhaps the user could have some sort of control on the range and skill of the players generated.
That's a good idea, we will keep it in mind.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #20
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Lightbulb

An interesting thought on game generated players names. Would it not be cool to have the occasional player who's last name is the same as a previous player's name and who is 20-40 years younger than the original player be designated as the son of the older player. In the draft previews or game write-ups it could be mentioned that for example, Colby Kesler, son of former NHL star Ryan scored his first NHL goal. Would add a real interesting aspect to the game which is quite evident in real life with all the son's, nephews, etc. of former players who continue the tradition.
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote