Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #81
Mat
All Star Reserve

Have you noticed, you never see threads like this related to winning streaks.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #82
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Tower or laptop?

Laptop, windows 10, inspiron
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #83
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post

True.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #84
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
True.

Going off your ORIGINAL post, you fail to even bring up as concerning that you have an 86% winning percentage in simmed (meaning entirely simulated) games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #85
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
Going off your ORIGINAL post, you fail to even bring up as concerning that you have an 86% winning percentage in simmed (meaning entirely simulated) games.

Because I don't have an 86% winning percentage. Last time I was able to log on the overall WP was in the .560-.580 range. I only have 6 games left in the season so I can update that later.

But that won't matter anyways. Your sole purpose in this thread is to pick things apart. Look all you want. Im not lying. Believe me or don't believe me. I dont care

You might want to spend your time trying to upset someone who actually gets upset over internet message boards because Im not that guy. Troll elsewhere please. (You're now being ignored so blow as much hot air as you like I won't see it.)

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-13-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #86
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
Just be aware if you file a ticket that Markus and/or Matt are going to want you to zip your league file and send it to them using the ftp page so they can see if they can replicate the problem. I hope they can let you and us know what they find
Has this been done?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #87
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Because I don't have an 86% winning percentage. Last time I was able to log on the overall WP was in the .560-.580 range. I only have 6 games left in the season so I can update that later.

But that won't matter anyways. Your sole purpose in this thread is to pick things apart. Look all you want. Im not lying. Believe me or don't believe me. I dont care

You might want to spend your time trying to upset someone who actually gets upset over internet message boards because Im not that guy. Troll elsewhere please. (You're now being ignored so blow as much hot air as you like I won't see it.)

Your original post says you are (were?) 86-39, and 0-25 in games that were “played out”. Subtract those 25 losses and you are 86-14...which is 86 wins in 100 games...which is an 86% winning percentage.

I’m not trying to upset anyone. But this last post was a slap in the face. You’re calling me a liar...or saying I’m wrong...when I’m not.

There’s only two possibilities here: either you were 86-14 in simmed games, or you were and have been exaggerating. If it’s option B, then this whole thread has been a lie.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #88
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm in late august, some 125 games into the season on my Nats team who is 86-39, and I have yet to win a single game that I "played". I probably have 25 of those 39 losses. No joke I have not won a SINGLE game that I have taken the reins. Is something wrong?

So, when the AI is in control, your team is 86-14?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:40 PM   #89
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
So, when the AI is in control, your team is 86-14?
At the time of that post that's fairly accurate within maybe 5 wins. Its obviously much different now that I've lost so much trying to figure the issue out though...
Now iirc i stand around .560 or .580 WP with about 6 or 7 games left in the season. Ill confirm tomorrow when Im near my laptop.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-13-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #90
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Has this been done?
The ticket yes. I posted about it. The zipped files were never requested.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #91
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I were you, I'd upload the files and then update the ticket (if you can) with the file name or whatever. I doubt any of us can do anything more.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:30 PM   #92
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Something doesn't feel right about being 3-52 (.058 WP% for those who need to visualize just how ridiculous this is). I'm pretty sure that's statistically impossible unless everyone on the team just stands there and doesn't even try to make outs. It's like 30% worse than the Cleveland Spiders (just guessing here as I don't have the info in front of me), and nobody has even come close to being that bad in almost 120 years.

Plus, would you feel satisfied with a .058 winning percentage when they play .700 ball when you're not playing? I'm not as angry because I'm used to it now, but I still want to give up on the game because as I've said, in 10+years of playing this I've never even come close something like this before. And from the look of this thread, NOBODY has.
I looked back at my 44 win streak season in v18 and at one point I was 49-2, 49-3 when the streak ended. Couldn't I say the same as you in the bold part other than records being reversed?

A link the thread I posted at the time.. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=282806
I was +10 PYT for the year that ended with a MLB record 118 wins. Which has me wondering what is your PYT?

I can't rid myself of the idea that my season is as unlikely as yours and counters everything that happened in your season. You want to see ridiculous? How about a .961 win pct that fell off to .942 with a loss

A google search tells me the longest win streak in MLB history belongs to the Giants at 26 and I had 44! Is that statistically impossible? I don't know. I do know my streak is a one time thing, at least up to this point.

In real life the 1961 Phillies lost 23 in a row and at one stretch went 1-28, .035 pct.
Sounds impossible but there it is in real life.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #93
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I looked back at my 44 win streak season in v18 and at one point I was 49-2, 49-3 when the streak ended. Couldn't I say the same as you in the bold part other than records being reversed?

A link the thread I posted at the time.. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=282806
I was +10 PYT for the year that ended with a MLB record 118 wins. Which has me wondering what is your PYT?

I can't rid myself of the idea that my season is as unlikely as yours and counters everything that happened in your season. You want to see ridiculous? How about a .961 win pct that fell off to .942 with a loss

A google search tells me the longest win streak in MLB history belongs to the Giants at 26 and I had 44! Is that statistically impossible? I don't know. I do know my streak is a one time thing, at least up to this point.

In real life the 1961 Phillies lost 23 in a row and at one stretch went 1-28, .035 pct.
Sounds impossible but there it is in real life.

I was basing my opinion/analysis of the situation on much better mathematicians than I. In Moneyball, Michael Lewis references several mathematicians, whose names I do not remember, who calculated that the worst a team could ever perform would be a 47-115 (IIRC, I read it last month for the fourth time) season in the current, 162-game, landscape of MLB. Again, IIRC, that's even the baseline for where WAR calculations start. Again, I'm still relatively new to analytics, but that was my understanding as he wrote it. And that win percentage of the 47-115 team is .290. That's more than 5x better than my team currently performs in played games.

They could've been wrong, but that's not my math. Nonetheless I agree about the dichotomy of our experiences. There's a certain yin-yang feel to it. Although I am hoping it ends soon. With each game the improbability of it all increases exponentially. I'm statistically already the worst team in the 120+ years of MLB history (when I play). And this is with a team that's making the playoffs solely on the merits of when I don't play, albeit barely.

As far as the pyth, I'll get back to you on that. I doubt it'll say much as I'm not sure there's any way to calculate the pythagorean record with only played games as the statistical source.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-14-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #94
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:

We actually do, I guess. Sweed provided a link to one he started, actually.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #95
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Quote:
Can you direct me to the post/ticket? I don't see anything in the bug report page under technical support. I've looked back through all your posts using your page in the members list and don't see anything other then what is posted in this thread.

Maybe I'm just missing it though
DCG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #96
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
Can you direct me to the post/ticket? I don't see anything in the bug report page under technical support. I've looked back through all your posts using your page in the members list and don't see anything other then what is posted in this thread.

Maybe I'm just missing it though
Lol. My apologies. I meant to say I posted about the fact I had opened a ticket. I didn't actually post the ticket itself. I can totally see how you got that, though. Again, my apologies.

I can find the email and copy and paste what I wrote to the devs and what their response was if you'd like, though. Just let me know.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-14-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #97
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nobody calls customer service to say what a great job the company is doing.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #98
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Here's the ticket anyways, if you felt like seeing it.

MY TICKET DESCRIPTION:
No matter who is pitching or what I do I can't win a "played game". My team is almost a .700 team but as soon as I "play game" my pitchers give up a HR on EVERY pitch. Play Game feature is literally unplayable and totally ruining my playing experience. It is not my decisions or anything. This is not a few games. I have won TWO out of 45 "play games". TWO. Because the computer gets 3-5 HR in the first inning of every game I play. But when I just sim my team plays realistically. My most recent play game they got 3 HR on 3 pitches.

Not sure if it matters but it is an imported game from 19. I never had this problem in 19.

I've posted this in the forums and I am the only person experiencing this."

DEV RESPONSE:
Sorry you're having issues.

To give you some more background though, OOTP uses the exact same engine when you're playing out a game or simming. There's absolutely no difference whatsoever in the code the game uses. So if you're regularly losing games when playing them out, but not when simming it's likely a combination of bad luck and potentially strategic choices that are not working out as intended. The game engine is exactly the same though, in any game mode. There's nothing that would cause different results when playing out a game to when you sim, except the choices that you're making as a manger.

I'd suggest as a test, making a backup of your save and trying having the computer manage your team's strategy in-game and see what results you get that way, and if the ratio of wins to losses for your team changes in that case. That could give you a baseline to measure the results against, and might provide some insight as to what's happening for you in-game and why.

Cheers,

Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is pretty much what I suspected would be the response based on posts in the thread. It's certainly disappointing as nobody plays a game to lose all the time. I don't expect to be 150-12 or anything, but my record is certainly not enjoyable. My team isn't "rebuilding", they made the playoffs, but now I know I can't play my playoff games like I always do, because I'll be 3 and out in the first round, and I'd like my team to compete.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #99
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom View Post
Nobody calls customer service to say what a great job the company is doing.
I don't necessarily agree with the thinking, but I believe most people feel that if a company is making profits that the profits themselves are what tells the company they're doing a good job. However, once a product or service is provided, the only way the company can verify or understand that a problem exists is if people communicate said issues with the company.

I could be way off base here, but it seems like a somewhat reasonable framework for capitalist ideology.

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #100
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
At the time of that post that's fairly accurate within maybe 5 wins. Its obviously much different now that I've lost so much trying to figure the issue out though...
Now iirc i stand around .560 or .580 WP with about 6 or 7 games left in the season. Ill confirm tomorrow when Im near my laptop.

Do you not see how you keep having to back off your statements? Give it a rest. The fact that you are now saying “fairly accurate within maybe 5 wins” means you have not been telling us the whole story.