Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 03-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
Kumar
Minors (Single A)

What's Your Biggest Auction House Steal?

What's a card you've gotten for a good price from the AH that is performing well for you? I feel some of the cards I've sold got bought for a steal (93 Ken Griffey Jr for 25K and 91 Albert Belle for 9K) but have also gotten some great deals (94 Fernando Valenzuela for 5556)
Attached Images
Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

if we're including v19, then hands down my best AH steal was Johnny Vander Meer for 4001 (his last 5 average at the time was around 22K)

just started my teams in v20 last night, so haven't seen how any of my AH pickups are producing there as of yet... (and no standout purchases in that mix anyway, but I guess ya never know)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
Kumar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
if we're including v19, then hands down my best AH steal was Johnny Vander Meer for 4001 (his last 5 average at the time was around 22K)

just started my teams in v20 last night, so haven't seen how any of my AH pickups are producing there as of yet... (and no standout purchases in that mix anyway, but I guess ya never know)
That's an awesome buy, I'm a big fan of buying cheap Diamond SP and using them to either fill out my rotation or stick them in the bullpen, but Vander Meer is solid. Avg Last 5 in v20 for him is 39K! (although I dont think hes been sold 5 times yet)
Old 03-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
rtkretz
Minors (Double A)

I bought your Albert Belle

I thought 9K for him was a steal too!! Thanks man!!

My favorite value purchase so far this year though was a little more pricey. I paid 71K for Peak Frank Robinson, and 71K ain't cheap, but I mean look at this card and tell me it's not worth 150K. Dude will be my DH for the rest of this cycle. Couldn't believe I got him for so cheap (all things relative).

So jealous of your Valenzuela deal, that is some real deal value!
Attached Images
rtkretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

My best so far was the 82 (or 81) Peak Harold Baines I picked up for 1500pp. Not many deals to be had in OOTP 20 yet.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #6
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkretz View Post

My favorite value purchase so far this year though was a little more pricey. I paid 71K for Peak Frank Robinson, and 71K ain't cheap, but I mean look at this card and tell me it's not worth 150K. Dude will be my DH for the rest of this cycle. Couldn't believe I got him for so cheap (all things relative).

Great-looking card. Now that we can use starters to back up other positions, he'll also be able to fill in at LF if your starter needs a breather.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #7
Kumar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkretz View Post

That's an amazing deal! That Frank Robinson card looks amazing! Glad to hear you got the Belle! Was hoping for more of a bidding war, but happy it went to someone here!

I was surprised to win the Valenzuela for so cheap, seems like a pretty good card and he's been performing well so I cant complain
Old 03-27-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

On OOTP 19 I bought All star Keuchel for 1400, when he was firmly selling for around 35k:

Discord suggested that I probably sniped someone trying to trade it between their two licenses, as it had a history in the perfect leagues.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #9
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Discord suggested that I probably sniped someone trying to trade it between their two licenses, as it had a history in the perfect leagues.

I have tried to move players between teams by putting them up at above last 5. it has never worked.

yesterday on my collections team i tried to buy some cards I didn't have that some bozi listed at ridic prices. i was not allowed to buy because that bozo was me.

i think its more likely that someone posted the keuchel thinking it was the live card.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:07 AM   #10
Canadaleaf
Minors (Double A)

Just Scored 89 Wade Boggs for 5k. Last 5 avg is 20k!! Was a huge upgrade because my 3b has been underwhelming to say the least
Canadaleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Tried to "steal" a 100 Cobb today but to no avail. The no BIN price was very nice up until the last 10 seconds where it landed at 333K It's going for a 800K BIN right now. Nice flip if it's the same one... Hope these new 800 to 1 million sell prices are not the new norm but buyers keep popping up so who knows... Folks have been saving their allowances

Last edited by webdox; 03-28-2019 at 02:13 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #12
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
Tried to "steal" a 100 Cobb today but to no avail. The no BIN price was very nice up until the last 10 seconds where it landed at 333K It's going for a 800K BIN right now. Nice flip if it's the same one... Hope these new 800 to 1 million sell prices are not the new norm but buyers keep popping up so who knows... Folks have been saving their allowances

not thats my Cobb. I put it up because i think that is the market value.

i think that was a new player that put that cobb up. putting a card like that up with a min start price for a 12 hour auction was not that well thought out.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #13
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
i think that was a new player that put that cobb up. putting a card like that up with a min start price for a 12 hour auction was not that well thought out.
...with the auction ending when most people are working!
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 PM   #14
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I have three pretty good deals...

100 Mookie Betts for 25k - sold him for 47k.

Freddie Lynn for 16k - he currently goes for 21k and then Dick Bartell for 5k...I believe the only one that has been in the AH...he's worth alot more than that!
Attached Images
Image Image 
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:00 PM   #15
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
not thats my Cobb. I put it up because i think that is the market value.

Oh 100% totally on both points. Cobb is pretty much a top 5 on anyone's scorecard so with the rates the way they are I reckon you'll fetch that asking price or damn near close to it. I had the day off and thought what a tragic time of day to end an auction with so many potential buyers at work.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #16
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

In PT 19 someone must've accidentally posted a 96 Ron Santo at 4,000 PP - I snapped it up within 2 seconds of noticing it for sale, couldn't believe my eyes.

This was with a team that was only Cubs and Whiter Sox players so I was just luckily looking at the AH with with Chicago filter on.

Assume it was a first timer, or someone who meant to put 40,000 as the buy now price.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:35 AM   #17
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I picked up a 99 Verlander for 7k last week....he routinely sells for 11k+ and was a beast for me season 1.

Other than that, nothing spectacular so far. But saving 4k+ this early in the game is something I am happy about.
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #18
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydmarq View Post
I picked up a 99 Verlander for 7k last week....he routinely sells for 11k+ and was a beast for me season 1.

Other than that, nothing spectacular so far. But saving 4k+ this early in the game is something I am happy about.
I too got that Verlander for around 7,000. Then I pulled the same stinking card in the next pack I opened. Sold my duplicate for 8,888.

Cleveland Legends, F2P Cleveland-only dynasty

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
sethisthegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #19
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I feel like I’m stealing every time I sell a Chris Davis for 5 points.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote