Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Line up suggestion

I hate when I go to see the results of the game and see that JD did not start because he is set up to rest every 15 games or another player rests because he is tired.

Why not have a screen where it shows what the line up is going to be based on your backup players settings. So you can say 'No rest of you, get out and play'.

What I end up doing is I remove all the depth players until a couple players get tired, then I have the computer set up the depth for a game so they can rest.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #2
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Not quite sure I understand the suggestion. If JD is set to rest every 15th day, which is fully under your control, why are you getting upset on the 15th day when he rests? You do know that tired players lose effectiveness, right? It's in your best interest to have backups starting when your starter is tired.

That being said, if you really want more control over who exactly starts every day, I would suggest using the 7-day lineups.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Not quite sure I understand the suggestion. If JD is set to rest every 15th day, which is fully under your control, why are you getting upset on the 15th day when he rests? You do know that tired players lose effectiveness, right? It's in your best interest to have backups starting when your starter is tired.

That being said, if you really want more control over who exactly starts every day, I would suggest using the 7-day lineups.
If he is set to rest every 15 days, I would have to look to see when he rested last to see when he rests next. Same thing with tired. What percent of tiredness do they rest him? 2 bars or 1 bar.

I think it would be nice to click on a button to see what the line up is going to be the next game.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
atabakin
All Star Reserve

You shouldn't ever need to rest your DH. If needed, he can go 162 games at 100% rest status. In my experience, "if starter tired" will give the starter a breather at "slightly tired" (two bars), but if you have one guy backing up multiple positions I'm not sure which gets rested first.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Resting the DH? Exactly how does a DH get tired again? That should be submitted to the bug forum.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #6
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
If he is set to rest every 15 days, I would have to look to see when he rested last to see when he rests next. Same thing with tired. What percent of tiredness do they rest him? 2 bars or 1 bar.

I think it would be nice to click on a button to see what the line up is going to be the next game.
Ahhh...I see what you're suggesting now. Like the lineup preview you get in single player where you have a chance to swap someone out. Not sure how it would be implemented in PT, but I get it.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #7
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Resting the DH? Exactly how does a DH get tired again? That should be submitted to the bug forum.
If he hits well enough he should get tired after running the bases.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

JD is playing leftfield, not the DH.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #9
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
JD is playing leftfield, not the DH.
That seems suboptimal
Old 01-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #10
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

JD has a lifetime .986 fielding percentage in real life. He is no Dave Winfield, but he can hold his own.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #11
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
JD has a lifetime .986 fielding percentage in real life. He is no Dave Winfield, but he can hold his own.
I agree in real life he's not the disaster he's made out to be, but the game ratings are what they are. If it works for you, that's all that matters.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #12
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Don't be stubborn about real life vs. the game. He literally is the worst rated defender in the game with an OF position designation. An 18 in LF...where the best is 128. Check out his fielding stats. I bet they are hugely negative. He's a DH or nothing in this game.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-25-2019 at 03:22 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:58 PM   #13
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Don't be stubborn about real life vs. the game. He literally is the worst rated defender in the game with an OF position designation. An 18 in LF...where the best is 128. Check out his fielding stats. I bet they are hugely negative. He's a DH or nothing in this game.
So I should take him off 1st base?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:49 PM   #14
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So I should take him off 1st base?
Well, he gets to the high 30's...so if you need to put him on the field, then that's your best option. But, there are about 50 batters I'd rank above him and eyeballing the list, there's probably 25 of them that are terrible defenders but still a whole tier above J.D.'s non-existent defense. He literally is a bottom 10 defender. He'd be a high diamond card if he could play even average defense.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote