Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Advice before All Star game offer

The transactions side confuses me even after watching tutorial videos, I am playing Cleveland in MLB and desperately need to strengthen my side but can't find any free agents to sign. I have played 21 games with record of 11 wins and 10 losses but got loads of injuries long term.
Definitely want to buy the game but need advice first as I am having to play about 3 1* players to keep going.
I have played OOTP 2011 but never got past first season because I could never get any players in my team.
Bill

Last edited by Bill Seiko; 07-08-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Bill Seiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Seiko View Post
The transactions side confuses me even after watching tutorial videos, I am playing Cleveland in MLB and desperately need to strengthen my side but can't find any free agents to sign. I have played 21 games with record of 11 wins and 10 losses but got loads of injuries long term.
Definitely want to buy the game but need advice first as I am having to play about 3 1* players to keep going.
I have played OOTP 2011 but never got past first season because I could never get any players in my team.
Bill
How many Free Agents are available?
How much cash for Free Agents does Cleveland have?
Why not just call up players from your minor leagues?
If there are FA available you can still get many of them to sign minor league deals or MiLB deals with ML options. I do this often in my league and right now there are only 112 FA, that will be down to 30 by ASG.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for advice, no Free agents available at this stage of season but got a list of upcomimg FA's.
Next question, which would you call must have mods please?
And you are dealing with a very old computer dummy here.

Bill
Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for advice, no Free agents available at this stage of season but got a list of upcomimg FA's.

Bill
If you are playing modern these are the ones I use
Go to OOTPMODS.com
Uniforms - Reds1 set. It may not be on OOTPMODS but you can find it here on the forums. All in one thru add ons central is good also, but I don't like the rest of the files in it.

Stadiums - Real Both Padresfan and Gambo's sets along with Gambo's 2011 seating chart. Graphical - MLB 2012 the show set. personal fav is the MLB 2k10 set.

Facegens - the set hat has almost 18,000 the consolidated set.

Logos - anything by Justafan which may be on OOTP Mods or can be found in his thread under Mods. I have yet to see the Oriole bird in his 2012 set though.
Thats about all I can think of for now.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Bill
Something is not right. I've never played any league that doesn't have copious FA, especially 22 games into the season. Now the vast majority of these may be useless but there are always a couple who could be serviceable.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Something is not right. I've never played any league that doesn't have copious FA, especially 22 games into the season. Now the vast majority of these may be useless but there are always a couple who could be serviceable.
Hey may not be off. My historical 1999 league only had 3 FA a few weeks into the season and I know I created several vety young & raw players to play at AAA while I called up players since I had so many injuries. That being said I am not convinced he was looking at FA screen properly. I only have 61 in 2011.

Seiko are you looking at FA for the league and not your own possible FA?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks followed your pics and still no free agents but get a list of iupcoming Free Agents. Will see what happens later when I buy full version and hope I can get past first season this time.
Now when I buy full game on special offer will I need to start again?

Thanks for your patience.

Bill
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks followed your pics and still no free agents but get a list of iupcoming Free Agents. Will see what happens later when I buy full version and hope I can get past first season this time.

Bill
You might be able to create a backup, template or just be able to start up where you left off with the demo. I am not positive, but backing it up or saving it as a template wouldn't hurt.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Bill
Are you sure there isn't a filter blocking the view?

Are there any players on waivers? Just click on the next tab over.

Humor me and look at all players too.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok this is serious, I bought game through Paypal over an hour ago so what happens now? I have got demo running ok but it just asks me if I want to buy game.
Tried going to Technical supprt but tells me I am not authorised to post there. Surely I should get a download link or something.

Bill
Old 07-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All up and running with full game now thanks, got 2 FA's on scout report.
Now unfortnately for you all , the questions will soon start flying in from a very old(71) management dummy.

Bill
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All up and running with full game now thanks, got 2 FA's on scout report.
Now unfortnately for you all , the questions will soon start flying in from a very old(71) management dummy.

Bill
Ask Away. I will answer what i can and other like RchW will answer the rest.

Read the manual also.
Out of the Park Baseball Manual