Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Season 46 (2064) Thread - Back On the Grind

The now 2-time PL champion Steelport Saints have been placed in P484, where they see 12-time champion Pine Tar Pirates, 5-time champion Kingston Rockers, 4-time champion Chicago Rampage, 3-time champion Council Bluffs Slammers, 2-time champion Missouri Legends, and 2054 champions Yay Area Kitties.

The Saints, however, are unfazed by any of these teams and feel they are one of the favorites. This of course means that they will probably be a wildcard again, as the Rockers are in their division.

Good luck, have fun, and as always....don't die.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 02-03-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:34 PM   #2
Elligator
Minors (Single A)

Coming off their first Perfect League Season in which they solidly managed to avoid relegation, the Redheugh Reavers are off to a hot start in Perfect .401. I know it won't last, but the Reavers are sporting a 1 game lead in the AC East after 21 games, and Yuli Gurriel leads the whole league in RBI with 22.

F2P Power Hitting

F2P Astros Only
Elligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #3
daves
Hall Of Famer

The P420 has many good teams. The interesting battle will be the battle of the COBBS! The are a few Cobb cards in the game, but the fastest is the 96 Cobb from 1915. There are 3 of these cards in the league to battle for the stolen base title. The Doubledays Cobb has had 10 straight 100 or more stolen bases. He has been a valuable addition to the team after sending Ruth to the reserves!
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:45 AM   #4
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Well, week is over almost before it's begun for the bulldogs. 2nd place to the 25-1 Collingwood Magpies. No need to bother checking the sims for that team for the rest of the week. And for the Neumans, 7 games behind the 20-5 Trenton Christians.

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:07 AM   #5
Edster007
All Star Starter

Coney Island starts its season with a 17 game winning streak in P400 before going 4-6 in the final 10 games to end the day 21-6. I noticed a pattern the slower the start the better they finish. Usually when they have a good start they falter hoping we can break the pattern.

Surprising to me my Knights are off to a 20-6 start, my other three OL teams are below .500 with Jefferson Valley overcoming an 0-7 start to finish the day 9-18 and avoiding a complete disaster.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Logged in for the first time in a while (171k to spend on packs ), and it's also quite fun seeing how some of my players stats have built up.

Is there a way on a player's career batting stats to see just his numbers for my team? I can't find one.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Entered a couple of Open Historical tournaments today with my Diamond/Perfect team - Won't be doing that again

(let's just say they were slightly overwhelmed....)
Old 02-05-2020, 09:05 PM   #8
Orion
Major Leagues

Dodgers!

Well everyone's quiet this week. My Guardians have stumbled a bit compared to the last three seasons, partly due to being in a tough division with a whale and another solid team that has won a PL before. The hitting has been pretty meh, 8th in the AC. Still looks like we'll make the playoffs so could be worse.

The big news is...finally completed the Dodgers Collection with my theme team...which means a ton of incoming talent, 98 Newcombe, 96 Snider, 90 Hodges and last but of course not least, the 100 Wheat. He's been off to a slow start (Of course). Seems to happen a lot when you add players midseason. I was also able to use my leftover hoarded pts to get a 100 Pee Wee Reese, so the team should be a decent PL team moving forward with upside to make the occasional playoffs. We could certainly use a few more upgrades and a stadium rebuild but I expect the team to be a .500+ team moving forward. Wheat is the best card I've ever had, we will build the lineup around him.

Starting Rotation is as follows, I welcome suggestions, but am broke atm so no short term fixes.

Drysdale (97)
Kershaw (99)
Vance (99)
Koufax (94)
Newcombe (98)

PS

Mookie Betts now Dodger eligible! No sympathy for the Red Sox fans, we just point and laugh. Hah!

Last edited by Orion; 02-05-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:03 PM   #9
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs are trying a new type of cheese this week in P478...I like to call it 'stolen base cheese.' The idea is really simple. Do this with your lineup.

It's nice seeing 87 Tim Raines back in the lineup after nearly 2 decades of being inactive. He's on pace to hit 24 HR and steal 89 bases.

Pitching-wise, 100 Pedro is having a nice bounce back season after his 6.26 ERA in whale league last week. Pedro has begun 2064 with a 13-0 record and a 1.49 ERA. Let's hope that winning streak can grow into much PP.

The ballpark factors are set to favor 'stolen base cheese' this week. Have batting avg maxed out and everything else at min. This should also help give my pitching staff a nice boost. The team ERA is currently 2.64.

Overall, we're 59-16 and 11.5 games up on the 4-time PL champ Hawaii Volcanoes. The Redondo Beach Rockets have won 2 PL titles and are currently in 4th place in the division.

The Kris Jardine Snagglewolves are leading the AC East with a 53-21 record. Perhaps the most dangerous team in the entire league is the LA Rams who are 10-time PL champs and have a 61-15 record. The Miami Jaws are 3-time PL champs and lead in the AC West.

Circling back to the 'stolen base cheese' aspect, we've got 227 of them so far and have been successful about 73% of the time. I don't know what the record is for stolen bases, but I doubt we're cheesing hard enough to challenge it. And, no Ty Cobb on this team either.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #10
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P481: Why the Quiet?

First off, an aside as to why my posting has been scarce so far this week. It's simple, really: I missed "classic" OOTP. I've gotten back into one of my long-term dynasties--a fictional league started in OOTP 19 that I spent a long time plotting out, setting up, and allowing to play itself into 100 years of history before jumping in and taking over a team. I missed trades, prospects, and yes, even dealing with injuries, so I dusted it off and dove right back in. And it's a blast. OOTP really is fantastic.

As for Perfect Team, this week, Huntley is in P481, an interesting league with some heavy hitters. Huntley, with its 7 PL titles, is in the NC West with one of the most decorated teams I've ever seen, the 16-time PL champion Methuen Silver Sox. So far, the teams are basically battling to a draw, as we are 3-3 in head-to-head contests and only 1 game apart in the standings. It's a fairly safe bet that whoever finishes second will host the Wild Card game, and whoever finishes first will...not necessarily claim the #1 seed in the NC, thanks to the presence of fellow 7-time PL champion Dyersville Ghosts in the NC Central. No other NC team has a PL medallion to their name, so the eventual NC East champs and the second Wild Card team will be sentimental underdog favorites in the playoffs.

The 6-time PL champion Seattle Tempest are in the AC East; Seattle famously (in my mind, anyway) blew away the competition during one of the Huntley/Singapore Sluggers seasons of yore. The Silver/Gold/Diamond/Perfect champion Montreal Expos are trying desperately to keep pace with Seattle, or at least qualify for the Wild Card coin toss. The only other AC team with a PL medallion is the AC-West leading, 2-time PL champion Connecticut Choppers. So 3 AC playoff teams will be looking for that fantastic PL medallion...good luck to all!

And now, back to "classic" OOTP...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:00 AM   #11
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Logged in for the first time in a while (171k to spend on packs ), and it's also quite fun seeing how some of my players stats have built up.

Is there a way on a player's career batting stats to see just his numbers for my team? I can't find one.
Your pockets sure seem full to me.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #12
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Frogs are trying a new type of cheese this week in P478...I like to call it 'stolen base cheese.' The idea is really simple. Do this with your lineup.

It's nice seeing 87 Tim Raines back in the lineup after nearly 2 decades of being inactive. He's on pace to hit 24 HR and steal 89 bases.

Pitching-wise, 100 Pedro is having a nice bounce back season after his 6.26 ERA in whale league last week. Pedro has begun 2064 with a 13-0 record and a 1.49 ERA. Let's hope that winning streak can grow into much PP.

The ballpark factors are set to favor 'stolen base cheese' this week. Have batting avg maxed out and everything else at min. This should also help give my pitching staff a nice boost. The team ERA is currently 2.64.

Overall, we're 59-16 and 11.5 games up on the 4-time PL champ Hawaii Volcanoes. The Redondo Beach Rockets have won 2 PL titles and are currently in 4th place in the division.

The Kris Jardine Snagglewolves are leading the AC East with a 53-21 record. Perhaps the most dangerous team in the entire league is the LA Rams who are 10-time PL champs and have a 61-15 record. The Miami Jaws are 3-time PL champs and lead in the AC West.

Circling back to the 'stolen base cheese' aspect, we've got 227 of them so far and have been successful about 73% of the time. I don't know what the record is for stolen bases, but I doubt we're cheesing hard enough to challenge it. And, no Ty Cobb on this team either.
Yeah, it's very very high...I think some teams have bothered to just see how many stolen bases they could get.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #13
dbqs
Major Leagues

I'm all about the SB's. I dunno why, small ball is just the most fun way to play for me! My core for a while has been Rickey, Sisler, Frank Baker, Eddie Collins, recently added Eric Davis and Ichiro. The only slowpokes on my team are Appling and Cronin.
Currently 1st in P477 with 147, 91 games in...

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #14
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Any idea what the record is for most HR's hit in a season in Perfect?

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #15
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Last I checked record for HRs in Perfect was 320 by the Doubledays...that's prettyyy high but there's lots of extremes on the record boards & that was 20 seasons ago or so.

EDIT: Florida Phoenix with 329 & 4 other teams have broken the Doubledays mark since then. That's the new team HR record.

The Hague Hustlers stole 655 bases in a Perfects League in 2048; an average of just more than 4 per game.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-06-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #16
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Last I checked record for HRs in Perfect was 320 by the Doubledays...that's prettyyy high but there's lots of extremes on the record boards & that was 20 seasons ago or so.

EDIT: Florida Phoenix with 329 & 4 other teams have broken the Doubledays mark since then. That's the new team HR record.

The Hague Hustlers stole 655 bases in a Perfects League in 2048; an average of just more than 4 per game.
Sorry, I meant as an individual.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #17
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

right now I'm getting the error retrieving records on that one.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #18
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

At the All-Star Break P406

Projection......Conjecture....Prediction.....Possi bilities....

Things rarely go as expected but I think the big wigs will have a hard time doing us in in a wild card game especially if we get the home field...buuuut toyosu haruki...their team looks better than ours by a bit....& the Thundering Herd over in the other conference...they are making a nice push for their first PL title but they have won 110+ before without finishing the job. But...how many times can they do that before they luck out? In fact, I'm not even sure what direction I'm going in as far as pushing for a title. That 3rd one was rather quenching. But the tendency as much as I mess around is to at least put out a team that has a chance statistically.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #19
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Stan Musial (80, '43 AS) going HUGE for the Birmingham Combined Authority this season - the right-fielder is hitting .347 AVG (2nd in league) through 93 games, with a .902 OPS (7th), 33 Doubles (3rd), 204 Total Bases (2nd), 135 Hits (2nd), .524 Slugging (6th) and 46 XBH (4th)

Team stands at 59-39, in a tight division race with the St. Louis Perfectos just 1 game back All-Star call-ups for Stan the Man, Hugh Duffy, Frankie Frisch (leads league with 10 Sac Flies ) and Ray Brown (79 RP!). Pete Hill misses out but is 2nd in the league for Win Probability Added, go figure

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 02-06-2020 at 07:29 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
I'm all about the SB's. I dunno why, small ball is just the most fun way to play for me! My core for a while has been Rickey, Sisler, Frank Baker, Eddie Collins, recently added Eric Davis and Ichiro. The only slowpokes on my team are Appling and Cronin.
Currently 1st in P477 with 147, 91 games in...

No Cobb or Buck Ewing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote