Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Tournament cards

Can we just scrap the reserve roster for tournaments and get all of our cards or all of our active cards with the option to activate all of our eligible cards in the right window on the roster management screen?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Not a bad idea.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

All of your cards is simply not possible. The file sizes for the tournaments would become insanely large and destroy the servers.

That being said, we are definitely exploring ways to make roster management smoother and more efficient moving forward

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Oh, OK.

It's related to the limited time before a tournament; picking the 25 players that I will use...so a more efficient way to select/get it down to 200 possible cards for a given tournament or even an expanded 300+ reserves are 2 ideas.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-22-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Or mass-tagging on the manage cards screen. I don't know about other players but personally it would probably be easier for me to go from:

No cards to possible cards for the tournament than from 200 random-ish cards to the real possibilities.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Oh, OK.

It's related to the limited time before a tournament; picking the 25 players that I will use...so a more efficient way to select/get it down to 200 possible cards for a given tournament or even an expanded 300+ reserves are 2 ideas.
Join a tournament of the same type that has a long time before filling up. Set your roster and export it. Withdraw from the tournament. Joint the tournament that you want and import your roster.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

& from what you said the servers would appreciate it too if the whole roster started empty and had to be filled:

1. Manually
2. By import
Or 3. From memory of activated cards for the same type of tournament.

Or brilliant AI 'suggestions' of course. Love when those work out.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-22-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #8
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Join a tournament of the same type that has a long time before filling up. Set your roster and export it. Withdraw from the tournament. Joint the tournament that you want and import your roster.
I know about the xport/import feature but I think I am having trouble setting up a roster by reduction rather than addition...and right now the only way to de-activate the cards is to tag them one-by-one.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:10 PM   #9
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Joining another tournament for the sole purpose of setting your lineup for another separate tournament should be a work around at best and not an end goal solution.

As a collector, I have long lamented the manage card screen for how unfriendly it is. More ways to filter our cards would be nice, but a search function must be considered a requirement. Even when I know exactly who I want to activate, it takes way to long to hunt them down and make it happen.

It also doesn't help that the longer I stay in this menu, the worse the game performs.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:32 PM   #10
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

It would be nice if there was a tournament team builder option that had each type of tournament offered in a drop down menu that simply just let you build rosters you could export for later use. I get you can jump into a tournament that isn't going to start for a bit an essentially do the same thing but a separate entity would be void of any possible chance of something starting while you're still editing. I'd rather not bounce around looking for similar tournaments that aren't starting right away just to build a roster for a different tournament.

I'd also like to see the tournaments that aren't filling and getting pushed out a day, week or whatever get more value to them or be canceled. Many of the tournaments for mediocre random cards aren't filling up so they just get pushed out. There should be a cutoff on tournaments. If they cant reach say 50% at the time they're scheduled they should either be canceled, reset with a new rewards or a new reward added for first and the old rewards just moved down the line.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:37 PM   #11
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

To answer my own question above. I'm assuming I could just join an open tournament with no restrictions that wasn't starting any time soon and build any roster I wanted for the other tournaments. Save it and export it for other tournaments.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:21 AM   #12
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
To answer my own question above. I'm assuming I could just join an open tournament with no restrictions that wasn't starting any time soon and build any roster I wanted for the other tournaments. Save it and export it for other tournaments.
Hmm...
Which is what most complaints probably are. You know, questions posed as complaints. Because most people lack patience & complaints get more responses more swiftly.

My point is there's no need to respond to a complaint with a complaint about the complaint. Just answer their "question" or ignore it.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:12 AM   #13
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Sweet

So I'm not sure…if anything was changed…but I WAS able to enter a tournament, start from scratch and activate cards and save a roster, …all without getting confused / trying to activate some cards, de-activate others, going over the 200 card limit & giving up.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #14
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Hmm...
Which is what most complaints probably are. You know, questions posed as complaints. Because most people lack patience & complaints get more responses more swiftly.

My point is there's no need to respond to a complaint with a complaint about the complaint. Just answer their "question" or ignore it.
Your question was over 2 posts in and ignored. I was responding to the flow of the post offering related suggestions and realized my first suggestion was available to me the entire time. Back to ignoring it.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #15
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
It would be nice if there was a tournament team builder option that had each type of tournament offered in a drop down menu that simply just let you build rosters you could export for later use...
+1

In the meantime, the ability to let us change the roster and save it after a tournament has ended. Right now, you can take an old tournament and add and subtract players to the reserve roster and save that, then it's easier to enter a new tournament and make your changes and save that. You can even add and subtract players to the reserve roster while a tournament is ongoing, too, stealing the best ideas of the other teams.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote