Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Things I would like to see in FHM 5 (my personal) Wishlist

Guys, first thing: I'm open for debate as I'm definitely not the most knowledge person when it comes to hockey.

Few things I noticed:

Dont you think UFAs sign too fast? E.g. I offered the top 3 guys the contracts they demanded and all signed the day after, no bidding war was going on.

IMO UFA don't demand enough money/long enough contracts, e.g. I could sign John Tavares for 8 Mio/5 years in several franchises I ran. Other players in their prime just demand 3 year deals, perfect for my team if a 27/28 year old top UFA wants 3 years, but I feel in real life that player might demand smth longer and especially not a contract that's just over at the predicted end of his prime.

Negotiating trades I wish was more like in OOTP, so you could get immediate feedback from the other gm straight after you submit the offer already in the negotiation screen, That way it would be more of a back and forth, you add smth, substract smth and so now and make work. Now you submit your offer, the other team responds a day or 2 later, you get one NO WAY after the other lol. It's kist much more difficult to negotiate trades than in OOTP 18.

I will probably come up with more later.

Last edited by Adam B; 03-02-2018 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Editing the title to specify it is different than the other thread, although we'll likely watch this too)
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Two things that won’t happen, at least in the near future.

1) a mobile/tablet version.

2) some kind of graphical representation of what is happening on the ice, at the very least 2D.

Sorry I know these are not game features and are often requested.

Last edited by Rob Morris; 03-02-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

1. Some way to watch your games play out.
2.A way to save tactical roles for each player.
3 A team needs and wants screen.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:18 AM   #4
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Agree for the UFA

I'd be very glad if they succeed to implement online mode for FHM5
vic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
landru22
Major Leagues

My main feautures I want to see added to FHM5:

1) Be able to import FHM4 Save

2) Some kind of html output for stats
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #6
SeaDevil30
Bat Boy

I'd like to see more customization for custom games such as:

1) Ability to create a farm team with an expansion

2) Ability to change schedule (e.g. move season start date, draft day, schedule length, etc.)
SeaDevil30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

The devs have come a long way how pre-season is handled. It's nearly there.

I'd love to see them finish it off by giving us the option to create our own pre-season schedule (and import custom regular season schedules via CSV or TXT import)

Split squad games (can do it manually now, but games are on different days), and

PTOs and ATOs for camp.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #8
handsome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

...better trade ai
handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #9
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
My main feautures I want to see added to FHM5:

1) Be able to import FHM4 Save

2) Some kind of html output for stats
Yes please....
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #10
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

suspension could add realism too. I never saw one in-game so i assume its not implemented.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:22 AM   #11
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

-No trade clause being improved. A NTC shouldn't just allow a player to reject a trade to every single team. There should be limited NTC's and other things like that.
- Online franchise with friends obviously.
- Ability to force takeover an international team, seriously I've been trying to get the USA U20 job ever since this goddamn game came out and I still haven't been able to get the job. Not even the USA U18 job either, I'm convinced it might not even be possible.
- Historical drafts need to be improved, fix the years if possible, some of the drafts are off.
Will edit if I can think of any more.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #12
H.Smith9
Bat Boy

My wishes would be to see multiplayer implemented, contract negotiations improved, and the interface improved.
H.Smith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #13
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

I'm an OOTP fan and I've been delaying trying out FHM until it gets the ability to import from previous seasons
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #14
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

For me it's being able to play a Custom League with real historical players.

Custom League should also be able to expand farm and junior teams along with the main league.

I dream of playing a redone NHL from 1917 with real players but where I control expansion, relocation and if necessary contraction.

I know there would probably have to be limits on how quickly expansion happened, due to a limited historical player data base, I'd accept that but I'd also be willing to play with no name scrubs filling out the rosters.

Imagine Ottawa and Quebec always part of the NHL?

Imagine the Seals never moved - and didn't trade away all their draft picks.

Imagine expanding to Seattle and Denver in 76.

Imagine starting the NHL in 72 without the WHA?

Or imagine the NHL and WHA merged earlier and Cincy and Indy were included along with the other 4 teams?

Imagine Houston, Milwaukee or even Hampton Roads being expansion sites?

I want to do it all, but with real NHL players and with the ability to expand the minors and juniors.

Imagine that Eastern Bloc players were always available to come over to North America - I'd love that option.
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:37 AM   #15
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Instead of a monthly report for development it would be nice to have a real time view or at least more frequent news about our players upgrade and downgrade skills.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Short wishlist:

a) importing saves from earlier versions
b) more than anything else I want a bug-free version of the game!

I don't think it's a good idea to constantly build on something that has a lot of bugs. Where will that end?

Just yesterday I had Rasmus Dahlin who's not willing to sign an NHL Entry Level contract, because he wants "a one-way contract with the big club". That's ridiculous, this is so basic stuff.
I have to mention that I'm still playing FHM3 (although I own FHM4). But after some research here I found a thread where the exact same thing happened to someone in FHM4, too (link).
So, can we expect to see this "feature" in FHM5 again?

When you're browsing through this board you'll notice that the same bugs (with variations) occur again and again, across the versions.
And introducing new features introduces new bugs. At some point they won't be able to fix all that anymore. And then?
I think they really should focus on putting out a stable version of the game.
Forget about new and fancy stuff, unless the basics aren't even working (see the Dahlin bug).

Until then, I'll buy FHM5 again, just to support the guys.
But I'm sure I'll end up continuing to play FHM3, because

a) I won't give up my saved game
b) I know my bugs and how I have to handle them!

thx
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #17
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk78 View Post
Short wishlist:

a) importing saves from earlier versions
b) more than anything else I want a bug-free version of the game!

I don't think it's a good idea to constantly build on something that has a lot of bugs. Where will that end?

Just yesterday I had Rasmus Dahlin who's not willing to sign an NHL Entry Level contract, because he wants "a one-way contract with the big club". That's ridiculous, this is so basic stuff.
I have to mention that I'm still playing FHM3 (although I own FHM4). But after some research here I found a thread where the exact same thing happened to someone in FHM4, too (link).
So, can we expect to see this "feature" in FHM5 again?

When you're browsing through this board you'll notice that the same bugs (with variations) occur again and again, across the versions.
And introducing new features introduces new bugs. At some point they won't be able to fix all that anymore. And then?
I think they really should focus on putting out a stable version of the game.
Forget about new and fancy stuff, unless the basics aren't even working (see the Dahlin bug).

Until then, I'll buy FHM5 again, just to support the guys.
But I'm sure I'll end up continuing to play FHM3, because

a) I won't give up my saved game
b) I know my bugs and how I have to handle them!

thx
Anytime you edit software whether from adding to or by patch you run the risk of more bugs. Not sure I'd consider your Dahlin situation a bug though.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:12 AM   #18
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
... Not sure I'd consider your Dahlin situation a bug though.
Well, how else would you call that, if not a "bug"?

Have you seen the thread of the other user I linked to? Jeff is saying there in post #4: "That sounds suspiciously like a problem we fixed a while ago, ..."

And that's exactly what I mean. I can't recall how many times I've read here "should be fixed", "has been fixed", "will be fixed", ...
Fixed, fixed, fixed, ... until the problem shows up again.

I'm just concerned they'll someday reach a point where it's not worth all that fixing anymore...
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:58 AM   #19
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDevil30 View Post
I'd like to see more customization for custom games such as:

1) Ability to create a farm team with an expansion

2) Ability to change schedule (e.g. move season start date, draft day, schedule length, etc.)
Seconding the scheduling, especially for the preseason. I'd be nice to have the ability to set-up your own preseason schedule, selecting teams which you'd like to play against, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgonius View Post
The devs have come a long way how pre-season is handled. It's nearly there.

I'd love to see them finish it off by giving us the option to create our own pre-season schedule (and import custom regular season schedules via CSV or TXT import)

Split squad games (can do it manually now, but games are on different days), and

PTOs and ATOs for camp.
PTOs would be awesome, even during the season. Not only camp.
vtmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #20
Vink
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FHM 5 Wishes

I would love to see a way to watch the game play out in more details. Mainly to be more involved. Interesting things could be influenced by the gamer once it is clear what is going on on the ice.

Here are some examples that come in mind:
The moment you decide to change lines could become more interesting. Imagine you make a bad call and accidentally have too many men on the ice.
Or when a referee decides to play through after he sees a penalty and you decide to pull out your goalie until the whistle blows.
Call for a time out to have some (temporally) stat boosts to divide over the players.
Get more insights on the play style of the players. That should make it more intuitive to do in-game tactical role changes.
Vink is offline   Reply With Quote