Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
CM13492
Bat Boy

Screen Scaling Issue

On my Surface Pro I am unable to advance past the playable leagues screen as the dialogue box is oversized. I have tried various window sizes and in both fullscreen and windowed mode and there is no discernable difference.

Every time the text begins outside the box (with a missing title card for the screen) and while I can move the scroll bar down it is cut off at the Federal Hockey League with no button to advance the screen. It is also noticeable that the trademark information is displayed oddly on the start screen with the writing obscured by the transparent black box.

A less pressing problem but perhaps one that is linked is that when I attempt to play in fullscreen mode the startbar is still visible when I am running the game
CM13492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
CM13492
Bat Boy

Try to re-link the image please, it came out as yards and yards of text!

Lukas

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-17-2016 at 04:17 PM.
CM13492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Not sure if this info might help with the scaling issue:

"There is a windows setting for zoom, on my test machine it was set to 250%. I had to switch it to 200% because otherwise the resolution would be below the minimum requirement. But then it worked."

So you might need to play around a bit with the Windows zoom setting along with adjusting the window sizes etc.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Please be aware that we have a 1280*768 screen resolution minimum. Please check out your screen site and windows zoom setting.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Not sure if this info might help with the scaling issue:

"There is a windows setting for zoom, on my test machine it was set to 250%. I had to switch it to 200% because otherwise the resolution would be below the minimum requirement. But then it worked."

So you might need to play around a bit with the Windows zoom setting along with adjusting the window sizes etc.
I was having the same issue (zoomed at 150%) and it fixed when I changed my zoom to 100%.

I got a warning during installation saying I didn't have the minimum 768 screen size, well something like that at least.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have my zoom setting to 100% and didn't have any issues on Surface Pro 4. I do have a slight issue with that screen however in that it doesn't allow you to scroll below the Federal Hockey League but I can still click the continue button.
agrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Okay, I take that back. I'm using an ASUS Zenbook UX305CA, 13" screen with 3200x1800 resolution, zoomed out at 100%. Can't seem to get it to fit properly.

EDIT: Okay, got it working with my resolution set at 1920x1080, zoomed at 100%. Kind of wish it was easier to scale, as having to change my screens zoom is slightly inconvenient. Everything is tiny when set at 100% with 1920x1080 resolution, but it takes a few seconds to change it so I'm not complaining too much.

Last edited by omjo; 10-17-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Okay, I take that back. I'm using an ASUS Zenbook UX305CA, 13" screen with 3200x1800 resolution, zoomed out at 100%. Can't seem to get it to fit properly.
Can you show a screenshot?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:06 PM   #9
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Can you show a screenshot?
I tried to include the settings, for some reason it wouldn't go to fullscreen when I started it after changing the setting to fullscreen and maximum.

Then, after I took the screenshot, opened paint and saved the file, it fixed itself

Opened it just now, and it happened again. The toolbar doesn't go away like it's supposed to. And I don't know what I did when taking the screenshot to fix it again.

EDIT 1: Second picture is with the game in windowed mode, same settings as before.

EDIT 2: Set my screen resolution to 1920x1080, 200% zoom, windowed mode and it fits properly now.

EDIT 3: The third and fourth picture are with my screen resolution set to 1920x1080, zoomed out at 100%, fullscreen and windowed respectively (in-game 1920x1080 resolution).

(I promise I'm not trying to make this more difficult than it has to be lol...)
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by omjo; 10-17-2016 at 07:17 PM.