Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 06-10-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

All Pitchers "stuff" rating decreasing every season

Anybody else having this problem in fictional leagues?

Each year EVERY pitchers stuff will drop LEAGUE WIDE. It gets to the point where most pitchers have no stuff at all. I went into to the editor to see if I could fix it for a guy throwing 98-100 MPH and all his pitchers were 75-80 rating. In the editor most pitchers stuff rating will not go up. The game will not allow the "stuff" rating to be edited higher it will go lower but not higher.

The strikeout leader for the past season had 149 strikeouts. That was the highest total in the league for a full season.
This is really frustrating me. Literally, no pitcher has a stuff rating after 3 years. Anyone see this or know what to do?

I will post pictures soon to show what I mean

Last edited by KiansKrew; 06-10-2016 at 09:20 AM.
KiansKrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiansKrew View Post
Anybody else having this problem in fictional leagues?

Each year EVERY pitchers stuff will drop LEAGUE WIDE. It gets to the point where most pitchers have no stuff at all. I went into to the editor to see if I could fix it for a guy throwing 98-100 MPH and all his pitchers were 75-80 rating. In the editor most pitchers stuff rating will not go up. The game will not allow the "stuff" rating to be edited higher it will go lower but not higher.

The strikeout leader for the past season had 149 strikeouts. That was the highest total in the league for a full season.
This is really frustrating me. Literally, no pitcher has a stuff rating after 3 years. Anyone see this or know what to do?

I will post pictures soon to show what I mean
In my leagues stuff will gradually decline after age 30, if lucky 33-35. Would be interested to see the pictures.

The editor part is weird.
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

Yeah I know what you mean when you say certain stats will decrease with age. But this is a different story. Even young pitchers stuff go down every year.

Here is all pitchers ordered by highest stuff.

As you can see after 3 seasons stuff has already decreased to the highest pitcher is 55.

Here is 2 of my pitchers. Who's stuff used to be way higher. They are mid 20s

Old 06-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

Here is the strikeout leaderboard at end of season

This is my best pitcher and one of the best pitchers in the league. His stuff has been 65(65) since the league started. He is 24 years old and his stuff will 65 at beginning of year, but by the end of season it has dropped to 55

Old 06-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

And this is the editor page for the pitcher above. His stuff is 110 now. It will not increase the current stuff or stuff potential any higher than 110. It will go down, but not up. This has happened in all fictional leagues I've done on 2016

Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

I just started a blank fictional league and simmed to year 2022. Same results

I tryed editing the CL who had 60 stuff. The highest it would go was 126.

So is this just a problem with my game or everyone's does this??
Old 06-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #7
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

I've never seen this before.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:28 AM   #8
Paulie123
All Star Starter

No I've never seen this either.

Here's the top pitchers in my current fictional league, where I simmed the first 19 years and then have played out the last season and a half (ratings are 1-10 scale)

It looks like something's not right with your game there. The Stuff rating is supposed to be a reflection of the overall quality of a guy's pitches, with relievers getting a small Stuff bonus to simulate batters not getting several looks at them in a game. But looking at your screenshots for Ramón Moreno (what a player, by the way!) and Brad Hutchinson, they both have an arsenal of amazing pitches but their Stuff rating doesn't reflect that at all.

Not sure what to suggest other than to try restarting with a new game...
Paulie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #9
phillupi
All Star Reserve

When you started the game I believe it asks what year you want to start (settings). I'm wondering if you chose an early year like 1901 when the pitchers stuff was not as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #10
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

Just to see what would happen, I started an MLB league and simmed 4 years. Same results with league wide stuff drop offs. I simmed another 4 years(2024) and it seems it switched. Now there's 76 pages of pitchers with 80 stuff.

No explanation

I just can't explain why here it says on January 1st he has 30 stuff, but the very same day his overview profile is showing 70.

Last edited by KiansKrew; 06-12-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #11
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

So assuming something wrong in my games files. I have deleted the game and redownloaded it. Lost a few good seasons but hopefully it fixed.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:58 PM   #12
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Wish I could offer some sort of solution but I've never seen anything like this before.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #13
KiansKrew
Bat Boy

So even after the reinstall, this is still happening. My fictional season went ok. But the second season I started stuff dropped after about 6 years league wide and after 6 more years every active pitcher went up to 80 stuff.

No one has ever had this happen? Start game, sim 10 seasons in and check all players stuff. See if the highest one is 55-60
Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #14
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiansKrew View Post
So even after the reinstall, this is still happening. My fictional season went ok. But the second season I started stuff dropped after about 6 years league wide and after 6 more years every active pitcher went up to 80 stuff.

No one has ever had this happen? Start game, sim 10 seasons in and check all players stuff. See if the highest one is 55-60
Never seen it.