Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-02-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
Geffman
Bat Boy

Templates Error

Hello,

I have been an OOTP guy for some time. I recently transitioned to the 15 version but I always get "Error: TEMPLATE ENGINE: can not open template file...(then an array of files once I click ok)".

I am not the most technical of people, so I tried re-installing the game a couple times but all without success. Hoping someone can help me out with this.

Thanks!

Geff
Geffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Are you trying to open a template from a different version?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
Geffman
Bat Boy

Yes, currently I am.

I am in an online league and the game works ok until I try to click on a players BNN page, or my prospect rankings, or Team salary.

However, before our league transitioned from '14 to '15, I tried to scope the game out, but I wasn't able to play as nothing would load when I tried "Quick Start" or any other Game Mode.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

When your league converted from 14 to 15, did you download a new league file that was converted to 15 by your commish?

And I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean when you say you tried to "scope the game out".
Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Geffman
Bat Boy

Thanks for the help Bluenoser.

I tried playing the game first, before our league switched over. But none of the game modes worked for me.

An error saying world.dat file was missing. So I was unable to even play a game before we switched.

Once we did switch, things are ok. I can see the screen, there was no "Missing World.dat file" error. I can do most things, all except the ones previously mentioned.

Everyone in the league is not having any problems except me, so I think it stems from my initial downloading of the game, but I have no idea how to remedy it. Like I said, I have deleted & re-downloaded it, but still the same error.

I apologize that I am not tech savvy enough, I guess I am just hoping there was some file I could download to solve all this.

Thanks for your help and time again.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #6
Geffman
Bat Boy

I looked in my OOTP 15 Template folder, and both the sub folders of 'images' and 'scripts' are empty. When I looked in the '14 one, there were files. Perhaps that is the source of the problem?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Try reinstalling patch 5.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Based on what you've said (some missing files), my recommendation is to Unlicense (very important step) and uninstall OOTP15. Clear everything off your computer from OOTP, including the league file you currently have.

Download and install 15 again (it will already be the most patched version). Once you have the game installed and relicensed (important step), download a new copy of your league file. Then open it and see if everything is OK.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
Geffman
Bat Boy

Ok thanks for the help guys. I will try it! Very much appreciated.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

FWIW:
Those missing files in your templates folder are reports templates.
What most people don't seem to know is that ootp includes all the default data it needs. You'll find them in ootp's default data folder and are .tar files. You can simply extract that data to the appropriate ootp folder and you'll have your missing files.
In your case you'd want to locate the report_template_files.tar. Inside is the templates folder and in that folder are all the required files that are missing in your templates folder.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote