Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
louiecentanni
Bat Boy

Logos, Pictures, Etc.

Hey All,

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I've tried for a few hours to update MLB logos and player pictures through the Add-On Central -- and I cannot figure it out. I've downloaded the All-in-One add-on from the game itself -- which shows up in my download folder -- and the uniforms update, but the pictures are all computer generated and the logo icons are all cheap imitations (ex: the Cubs have an old english 'C,' the Cardinals have a weird wanna-be 'StL'). Is there a way to do this easily? I'm not as computer savvy as many people here, but I just want to start a simulation from 2014 onward, real rosters, real pictures, and real logos.

Thanks for any help you can give!
louiecentanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiecentanni View Post
Hey All,

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I've tried for a few hours to update MLB logos and player pictures through the Add-On Central -- and I cannot figure it out. I've downloaded the All-in-One add-on from the game itself -- which shows up in my download folder -- and the uniforms update, but the pictures are all computer generated and the logo icons are all cheap imitations (ex: the Cubs have an old english 'C,' the Cardinals have a weird wanna-be 'StL'). Is there a way to do this easily? I'm not as computer savvy as many people here, but I just want to start a simulation from 2014 onward, real rosters, real pictures, and real logos.

Thanks for any help you can give!
When you download a mod from add ons central, let it finish dl'ing and then click the Install button. If you didn't do that the first time, just go back to add ons central and you should see the install buttons showing for any file you downloaded. Click it and let the mod install.
Once done. Start a new game and you'll have your new graphics.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
louiecentanni
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
When you download a mod from add ons central, let it finish dl'ing and then click the Install button. If you didn't do that the first time, just go back to add ons central and you should see the install buttons showing for any file you downloaded. Click it and let the mod install.
Once done. Start a new game and you'll have your new graphics.
I've actually done all of that. I'd say 40% of the teams were given old versions of their logos (e.g., the Diamondbacks were in purple/green), 10% were given the correct logos (but I'm assuming that's because some teams like Miami have never used others), and the other half were given standard, old-english letters. I manually changed each team's logo to the appropriate one -- which were on-file in my downloads folder -- but upon the next startup, all of that work had been erased.

Considering how much tinkering most people seem to do in this game, I'm disappointed that I can't even find a way to make the logos work! Any other ideas?
Old 05-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
louiecentanni
Bat Boy

Quote:
I've actually done all of that. I'd say 40% of the teams were given old versions of their logos (e.g., the Diamondbacks were in purple/green), 10% were given the correct logos (but I'm assuming that's because some teams like Miami have never used others), and the other half were given standard, old-english letters. I manually changed each team's logo to the appropriate one -- which were on-file in my downloads folder -- but upon the next startup, all of that work had been erased.

Considering how much tinkering most people seem to do in this game, I'm disappointed that I can't even find a way to make the logos work! Any other ideas?
FYI -- All jerseys and caps WERE correct after the download/install. It was just the scoreboard/team screen logos that didn't update.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
FYI -- All jerseys and caps WERE correct after the download/install. It was just the scoreboard/team screen logos that didn't update.
Go into your saved games\news\html\images\team_logos and delete those logos. Do the same in the league_logos if needed. Restart ootp and it'll auto rebuild them.
You can do the same with all graphics in a saved game's folders. Especially if you install graphics after you've created your game.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
louiecentanni
Bat Boy

Thanks -- that didn't make it perfect but it's at least tolerable. All teams at least have a semblance of their current logos (e.g., the Cubs have an old fashioned looking C with the cub in it, the Angels have a strange "Angels in the Outfield" looking logo), but at least it did away with the old English ones.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
louiecentanni
Bat Boy

Haha -- when I opened the game up again, all of the bad logos were back. I can't figure this out!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

I'm suspecting, you may have downloaded more than 1 logos pack and in doing so, overwritten some of the newer logos with older ones or got different versions/named of the same..unfortunately add on central won't give a notice if it's overwriting any files when you install a mod from there.
Your best bet is to either delete those unwanted logos in ootp's logos folder and replace/keep them with the ones you want. Once that is done, delete all logos in your saved game's logo folders. Restart ootp and you'll no longer have that problem.
Ootp has a specific order it uses when it loads logos and if any of your logos have a year in the name, it's gonna use those first. Any without a year in the name, are used last.
If one wants to use different logos for different games, it's best to keep them sorted in subfolders within ootp's logos folder. Then you can change which folder's logos you want to use at anytime, by clicking the Game tab and selecting Game Options. On that screen, click the Database tab. From the database screen, you can select the folder that you want to use and ootp will only use that folder to pull it's graphics from. It's a global setting and will use that folder for every team/league in your current game only.
Hope this info helps.

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-23-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:23 AM   #9
PSUHouse1219
Bat Boy

Unhappy I still help....UGH!!!

Big Rod, I've looked at all of your wonderful pics, downloaded your file, read everything that I possibly can on photo packs, and STILL cannot get real photos in the game. I've installed and re-installed numerous add-ons, have been patient and let them complete the download, restarted a new league, and still the same FaceGen...I feel so humiliated that I want to cry....please help me, you're my only hope.
PSUHouse1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUHouse1219 View Post
Big Rod, I've looked at all of your wonderful pics, downloaded your file, read everything that I possibly can on photo packs, and STILL cannot get real photos in the game. I've installed and re-installed numerous add-ons, have been patient and let them complete the download, restarted a new league, and still the same FaceGen...I feel so humiliated that I want to cry....please help me, you're my only hope.
Check your pms... Make sure your updated to the latest version. There was a bug with real pics which has been fixed since 15.2.8 or a bit earlier, so I understand your frustration..