Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Create a player

Where can I find the screen to create a player and add him to the league?

Also, will I be able to save this player and add him to more than one of my games?

Thanks!
boogeyboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyboard1 View Post
Where can I find the screen to create a player and add him to the league?

Also, will I be able to save this player and add him to more than one of my games?

Thanks!
As shown below in two screen prints. You must have commissioner powers, though (Manager Menu). As far as transferability between games, I don't think so. You can only import historical players AFAIK.
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
As shown below in two screen prints. You must have commissioner powers, though (Manager Menu). As far as transferability between games, I don't think so. You can only import historical players AFAIK.
Thanks for the help
Old 05-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Yes you can transfer a player(s) to other games. It's just a matter of exporting rosters, editing them with the new player data (Never, never replace player ids.) and then reimporting the rosters.txt file.
Let's say you have 2 players in game 1 and you want to have them in game 2 and 3.
Create 2 fictional players in game 2. Note their player ids so you can easily find them later. Export the rosters.
Do the same for game 3.
Now open game 1 rosters in any spreadsheet.
Open game 2 rosters in your spreadsheet.
Copy the 2 players data in game 1 rosters except the player id.
Locate the 2 players you created in game 2 rosters and replace all but their player ids with the new players data and save game 2 rosters. Import game 2 rosters back into game 2 and you'll now have the 2 players in game 1 in game 2.
Do the same for game 3.
Now you'll have the same 2 players in game 1, 2 and 3.
Definately not the best directions, but hope you get the idea. Just remember not to touch any player ids. Do not copy and replace player ids from one game's rosters to another game's rosters.

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-06-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Yes you can transfer a player(s) to other games. It's just a matter of exporting rosters, editing them with the new player data (Never, never replace player ids.) and then reimporting the rosters.txt file.
Let's say you have 2 players in game 1 and you want to have them in game 2 and 3.
Create 2 fictional players in game 2. Note their player ids so you can easily find them later. Export the rosters.
Do the same for game 3.
Now open game 1 rosters in any spreadsheet.
Open game 2 rosters in your spreadsheet.
Copy the 2 players data in game 1 rosters except the player id.
Locate the 2 players you created in game 2 rosters and replace all but their player ids with the new players data and save game 2 rosters. Import game 2 rosters back into game 2 and you'll now have the 2 players in game 1 in game 2.
Do the same for game 3.
Now you'll have the same 2 players in game 1, 2 and 3.
Definately not the best directions, but hope you get the idea. Just remember not to touch any player ids. Do not copy and replace player ids from one game's rosters to another game's rosters.
Thanks!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
gigantepuro
Bat Boy

Missing files or blind user?

In the above graphic example: i clicked on the import historic player and got a message box directing me to open Master.CSV or Historical_database. Neither of those is in my database folder. Where do i go to find those?
gigantepuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Those are in your STATS folder

I know, a little misleading

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a few more questions about creating players.

1. Players are given ratings directly by the editor, and there is an equivalence listed to see roughly what actual statistics those ratings would produce. Is there any way to do that in reverse? Here are his major league stats; create the ratings?

2. Is it possible to create a player and then give him historical stats? Say I make Joe Shlabotnik as a free agent in 2014. Can I edit him to say that he played 45 games at first base for the Cubs last year?
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #9
gigantepuro
Bat Boy

Thankyou

Thankyou Carleton.
gigantepuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Quote:
When I go to the free agents screen, there's no available actions button.
Attached Images
Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyboard1 View Post
When I go to the free agents screen, there's no available actions button.
Nevermind, figured it out. Need to be in commissioner mode.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:20 AM   #12
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriole^ View Post
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a few more questions about creating players.

1. Players are given ratings directly by the editor, and there is an equivalence listed to see roughly what actual statistics those ratings would produce. Is there any way to do that in reverse? Here are his major league stats; create the ratings?

2. Is it possible to create a player and then give him historical stats? Say I make Joe Shlabotnik as a free agent in 2014. Can I edit him to say that he played 45 games at first base for the Cubs last year?
1) Yes, absolutely....in the player editor (must be in Commish mode) put in his ABs/H/2B/3B/HR/BB/HBP/K and click either create current or potential ratings
Be sure to calculate his 3Bs by his 2B+3bs to get an accurate triple rating, or else his speed will determine his triples

I have a database where most players come into the league at 18...so I will make his current stats really weak, to make up for that I usually look at Baseball reference and make his potential one of his best overall seasons.

Sbs are not as accurate and I am not really sure how big of an effect baserunning skill has on extra base hits and Sbs...If a guy is in a modern setting and has 150 speed, 150 steal and 150 baserunning, he will usually steal 10-15 bases at a 75% clip

2) No you cannot give a new player fake history...only historical imports will have that. But you can create a player and give him his potential and fielding attributes. Just make sure you fix the injury rating...some guys come in with 160 ratings for all 4 areas

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote