Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Citronaut
Bat Boy

Historical Seasons

Despite owning each of the past three versions, I've never tried running a historical season. I was thinking about trying it out when iOOTP 14 launches, but I was curious about one thing in particular. Let's say I start a season in the early 90s - when the draft rolls around each year will the prospects be recognizable names? Or will the drafts still be populated with made-up players?
Citronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
johan25
Minors (Single A)

If you buy the historical season, then you will get the actual rookies from that year imported into your game. If you don't have any seasons then it will create fictional players.

You can get the seasons bundle for $19.99 and that will give you every season from 1901-Present.
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Citronaut
Bat Boy

So if I were to purchase the bundle of all historic seasons, and then start a season in 1985, a couple of years later Ken Griffey, Jr. would show up in the draft pool? Thanks for any clarification on this.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citronaut View Post
So if I were to purchase the bundle of all historic seasons, and then start a season in 1985, a couple of years later Ken Griffey, Jr. would show up in the draft pool? Thanks for any clarification on this.

That is correct real players appear in the draft, providing as mentioned above that you purchase the seasons bundle.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Citronaut
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
That is correct real players appear in the draft, providing as mentioned above that you purchase the seasons bundle.

Outstanding! Thanks so much. Can't wait to dig into this year's version!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
JayWigley
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I, too, have not done this. . .and now just might. But tell me, do ONLY the historical rookies appear, or does the game have extra fictional players as well?
JayWigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
johan25
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWigley View Post
I, too, have not done this. . .and now just might. But tell me, do ONLY the historical rookies appear, or does the game have extra fictional players as well?
As far as I have seen, the only fictional players will be late rounders only to make sure there is enough players in the draft. You aren't going to get a 5 star fictional player available, they will be 1 star guys.
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #8
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan25 View Post
As far as I have seen, the only fictional players will be late rounders only to make sure there is enough players in the draft. You aren't going to get a 5 star fictional player available, they will be 1 star guys.

But sometimes those late round fictional players develop into mini stars .
Old 04-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #9
LBWood
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I haven't purchased yet, but I'm thinking about it. So forgive my very basic questions.

How far back to the historical seasons go? Do the historical seasons include the Negro League players for an integration project?
LBWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

1901. No.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #11
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

1919, 1939, and 2012 come with the game and 1901 to 2013 are available for purchase as single years or various bundles.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #12
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

Historical Seasons

I recommend the All Seasons bundle for historical replay if you don't mind the extra $$.

Every October the game copies the real rookies from the next season's folder into your game and the rookies appear in the fall "Amateur" draft. Butter smooth. Even guys that had a handful of at bats and innings in their entire careers show up. Though players enter the game in the years they actually debuted in the Majors, you can keep them in the minors as long as you like, play them Opening Day, or never call them up - it's all up to you, manager. It's cool.
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote