Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Everyone 17 or older who ain't retired.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #22
ejbucs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Everyone 17 or older who ain't retired.
That's weird. I got guys like Jake Stenzel and Tun Berger loading in the 1901 file, even though neither guy played in the 1900's. As well, it looks like players are being assigned to teams that they played with the most, as Jake Beckley should have been with Cincinnati and he got loaded on Pittsburgh's roster.

I'm going to try to load the initial season with the "Players Retire" option selected and see if that makes a difference.
ejbucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #23
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Keep in mind that "ain't retired" means from BASEBALL not just the major leagues. Minors, Negro leagues, International leagues all count.

Since this db assumes ALL players will be signed out of high school if you start in a year other than 1871 players will either be free agents or be put in the organization where they spent the most time because until 1901 teams come and go and most aren't related to teams that come later.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
ejbucs
Minors (Single A)

That makes sense. Was just trying to make sense of all of the players that were loaded with the league.
ejbucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #25
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The No Asians version of the high school db is now on that web site for all you players that don't like your Asians mixed with your Red,White and Blue AMERICANS!!!!!

In retaliation the next one that goes out will be an Asians ONLY high school db. That's for those of you that don't like your Americans taking over a game that was invented in Asia by Asians for Asians with Asians on the side. Asiatical point of view of course.

AND hey, how come no steroid challenges were ever reported in the Japanese Leagues? Don't they cheat?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #26
Scoman
All Star Starter

Im sorry,whats the web site?
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #27
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

It is my work site so I don't give it out unless you PM me and promise to keep it to yourself. Eventually all the files will be on Padres site.

FYI the Asian only version is done and is currently being copied up to the site.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #28
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

pm sent

I'm a vault
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #29
PadresFan
All Star Starter

This has been posted on the Databases page of my OOTP Mod Website.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 AM   #30
longhorns
Bat Boy

Padresfan, I downloaded the zip from your site and I get an error message from winzip that it cannot unzip due to windows blocking it. Any suggestions? It gets to the macosx folder then quits.

Thanks in advance
longhorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #31
Rainers
Minors (Single A)

I have a silly question, for the the last two editions of OOTP I have used the CSV databases for both MLB and Nippon (My KBO just had a draft using the new KBO db that Sprizte compiled and it worked great). I have been able to set up the drafts using two different databases in the past. Will I be able to do this with the new .odb db's?

Rainers

Last edited by Rainers; 04-19-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Rainers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #32
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Yes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #33
spacer99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does the "normal" Spritze db have everyone coming in when they were drafted? Does it include Asian and Negro players as well? I am having fun with your high school version.
spacer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #34
SATW
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This comes with no minor leagues. If I want to have a realistic MLB dynasty, how should I go about organizing the minors with so few players in each organization at the start?
SATW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #35
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns View Post
Padresfan, I downloaded the zip from your site and I get an error message from winzip that it cannot unzip due to windows blocking it. Any suggestions? It gets to the macosx folder then quits.

Thanks in advance
Give it another try. I zipped it from Windows instead of MacOS this time...
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #36
MrEndshiftresign
Minors (Double A)

This looks interesting, and very promising so far, even if the file is enormous and takes forever to load up. Just one observation, though...viewing the real-life stats may be a bit confusing, with the minor league stats reflecting as MLB stats neutralized to reflect how a certain player would be playing had he been called up early. (dunno if I explained it right.) For instance, Hank Aaron is listed as having 777 career home runs, which is 22 more than he tallied in real life. I guess this'll work best if you're starting your historical league really early, say, 1901 or earlier.

Also, great job adding lots of Japanese and Negro League players, but I don't think I saw Josh Gibson...or Japanese home run king Sadaharu Oh in the list of retired players. I'm testing the database on a 1978 historical game, BTW...

Still, this is a very interesting database and I'm looking forward to further testing this out. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by MrEndshiftresign; 04-19-2010 at 06:29 PM.
MrEndshiftresign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #37
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEndshiftresign View Post
Also, great job adding lots of Japanese and Negro League players, but I don't think I saw Josh Gibson...or Japanese home run king Sadaharu Oh in the list of retired players.
They should both be there. I'll double check in a few days. Getting the college/real debut version out now.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #38
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacer99 View Post
Does the "normal" Spritze db have everyone coming in when they were drafted? Does it include Asian and Negro players as well? I am having fun with your high school version.
The collegiate version has the real draft debuts. Coming soon. Includes everybody but there will also be no Asians and Asian only versions.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #39
MrEndshiftresign
Minors (Double A)

Am trying my 1978 historical league now and I see a lot of Japanese players in the minor league rosters.

Does the No Asians database include Japanese and Korean players who eventually played in the majors?
MrEndshiftresign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #40
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATW View Post
This comes with no minor leagues. If I want to have a realistic MLB dynasty, how should I go about organizing the minors with so few players in each organization at the start?
I fill the minors with fictional players and block them from making the majors. Works like a charm but not at all like Charmin. That last bit is just a heads up.